WalMart Canada

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.3

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Had a phone interview and they asked why I wanted to work at Wal-Mart, what I had learned from my previous work experiences. They also asked for references. Second interview was a group interview and we had to act out different scenarios and how to deal with customers.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada in September 2013.

First a call from ontario then a call from local store. Then a group interview with other applicant. Then a group interview with 4 department managers and finally with store manager

About salary expectation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

There were 2 interviews (preliminary and final). If you receive a call after the interview, then you come back to accept their job offer. Once you have signed the job offer, you need to take and pass several WHMIS modules before they allow you to go on the floor with the vest and ID.

Interview Questions
    • These are basic/standard questions normally asked for entry level positions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offer minimum rate any way.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Phone Call for a Phone Interview, Then a call back for a Group Interview. Group interview was chill. Introductions to other job candidates. Then you were asked to pair off and ask each other questions. Then relay that information to the rest of group. Then a mock customer scenario where you tried to sell a product.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard, over the phone.

Department Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interviewed in a small room with the swas manager of department you are applying for. Asked about 10-20 questions on diffrent scenarios and then asked if you have any questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a an customer comes to you with a complaint how would you handle th situtation?   View Answer
    There was none.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

After applying online received a call where a lady asked me couple of quesions and told me that I would receive another call the next day for a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty well and I was invited for a group interview the following day. The group interview went smoothly adn though they said they will call within 48 hours they actually called after that. So those 48 hours were kind of nerve wrecking!

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you had to come up with a simple solution of a complicated problem   Answer Question
    there were no negotiation phase

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Pretty straightforward. No surprises. HR asked me to choose a convenient time for interview. She was friendly and to-the-point.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing in the past few years, when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Multiple Entry Level Positions Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Applied online and got a call for an interview about a month later. Did a phone interview with maybe 10 situational questions. ex. When was a time where you went above and beyond? What would you do if...? When was a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?......

Got a call back a few days later to go in for a group interview.

went to the interview, there were about 8 managers from different departments there, and maybe 7 other people being interviewed. To start, all the managers introduced themselves and gave a background of how they got to where they are. Then they made the applicants pair up with eachother and gave us a question sheet and we had to ask them the questions there then introduce them to everyone else. Then they made us do this dumb cheer where you have to shout and stomp your feet and all this crap. They made us do it maybe 5 times through the entire interview. There was another cheer where you have to clap and they say "give me a W...A....L......" and we had to shout back as loud as we could.

Then they split us into groups, half of us got interviewed (had to sit next to each other and managers sat in front of us and asked one question each then rotated). The other half had to do a role playing scenario. They split us into pairs and gave us a product, one person is a customer and the other is an employee. The employee then had to answer questions about the product to try and sell it. Then the groups switched.

After that, they handed us cards to give to the managers one by one and they would talk about whatever was on the card. ex. benefits, vacation, stocks....

They then gave us a background check form, to fill out.
    Then they made us do the second cheer again and let us leave.

In person questions were "what position did you apply to?" "why do you want to work here?" "why should we hire you?" "what would you do if a customer had a question you didnt know the answer to?"

Interview Questions
    • When was a time when you found a simple solution to a complicated problem?   Answer Question

Mid Level Manager Trainee Interview

been hired for more than 14 years so interview and hiring process has change alot since

get what I wanted