WalMart Canada

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.3

Deli, Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

This is a group interview. After sitting in the waiting room, someone calls you in and brings you into a room where the entire interview takes place. The first part of the interview requires you to partner up and introduce your partner to the manager and other possible employees in your group. The second part of the interview requires you and a partner to sell an item to a customer. The final part of the interview is a speed dating type process. Managers come in and quickly ask you questions pertaining to the job. After this is done, you fill out forms and they let you know if you were hired within the week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were really simple but one that caught me off guard was: What was a simple solution that you had for a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2013.

Recruiter will call you, set up a phone interview and if you pass the pre-screening and behavioural interview you are invited to proceed with a interview with a senior HR Manager such as the District Manager. Store Manager will never get involved once the HR reports to main office in Mississauga

Interview Questions
    Walmart pays what its pay grid determines. I asked for 45K and they offered me 65K, very honest process.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Applied online, was contacted by phone to come to a group interview. The interview involves different stations with different activities. For example, at one station your group was given some time to market an item and present to the interviewers. At another, it was like speed dating, where you rotated around to different managers and they asked you questions.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult - just the typical questions like why you want to work there. Just be friendly and communicate well.   Answer Question
    I negotiated working hours. It's very hard to change your hours later on once you're employed, so from the very beginning you must set clear expectations.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada in March 2013.

Applied online on walmart careers and got call within few days and there was quick 5 minutes interview and in few hours got call that I am selected.

non negotiable.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada in March 2013.

I applied online and about two weeks later, I got a call from one of the department managers. He asked me a few initial interview questions over the phone, and about an hour after that I got a call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week.

The group interview was an interesting experience. It was my first job interview ever, and I liked it because it took a bit of pressure off of me. We started out by introducing each other, then did scenarios (things like upselling, trying to sell a Walmart Mastercard, etc.) We met the store manager and at the end of the interview, we did a speed-interviewing process with five or six of the department managers. They each asked two or three questions - pretty general ones like availability, why you want to work there, a time you were put under pressure and how you dealt with it, etc.

Within the next day or two I received a call with a job offer. I went in, gave them my references, signed some paperwork, and started training a few days after.

Interview Questions
    • Having to sell the Walmart Mastercard to the interviewer - there was information on a board but it was pretty awkward having to do it in front of a bunch of other people, especially since everyone else was paired with other candidates for their scenarios.   Answer Question

Change Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview process was insightful, and professional. Good solid questions were asked to bring out background, skills, interests and fit.

Interview Questions
    • how does this role compare, which is different in scope, to a previous role you had?
      What concerns might you have in this new role?

Answer Question

ON Support Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

How would you tackle getting a job accomplished? Asked several interivew questions, then had to go thru a group interview. Then Had to go for orientation and then onto complete computer based learning tests.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada in March 2013.

Applied online and answer online assessment and got the call from the recruitment officer.

Department Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

apply by online, got a call from them.....they ask a few questions....and told me to go there for an interview .....i went there they ask me a lot of question...then i was filled a reff. form....after that they never call me again....but i'm still waiting for a call.......

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada in February 2013.

Got a call in a week for interviewer very straightforward