WalMart Canada Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.3

Walmart Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

Lengthy, on-line assessment, HR phone interview, HR and DM interview then a interview with the Store Manager. It took about 4 meetings before I was given the job. It was not intimadating because I have been through these types of interviews many times before. It was quite casual most of the time.

Interview Questions

• Very Standard questions, how you deal with associates not doing what they should, how do you motivate, how do you handle unruly customers etc...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. No surprises. HR asked me to choose a convenient time for interview. She was friendly and to-the-point.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing in the past few years, when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Multiple Entry Level Positions Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an interview about a month later. Did a phone interview with maybe 10 situational questions. ex. When was a time where you went above and beyond? What would you do if...? When was a time when you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?......

Got a call back a few days later to go in for a group interview.

went to the interview, there were about 8 managers from different departments there, and maybe 7 other people being interviewed. To start, all the managers introduced themselves and gave a background of how they got to where they are. Then they made the applicants pair up with eachother and gave us a question sheet and we had to ask them the questions there then introduce them to everyone else. Then they made us do this dumb cheer where you have to shout and stomp your feet and all this crap. They made us do it maybe 5 times through the entire interview. There was another cheer where you have to clap and they say "give me a W...A....L......" and we had to shout back as loud as we could.

Then they split us into groups, half of us got interviewed (had to sit next to each other and managers sat in front of us and asked one question each then rotated). The other half had to do a role playing scenario. They split us into pairs and gave us a product, one person is a customer and the other is an employee. The employee then had to answer questions about the product to try and sell it. Then the groups switched.

After that, they handed us cards to give to the managers one by one and they would talk about whatever was on the card. ex. benefits, vacation, stocks....

They then gave us a background check form, to fill out.
    Then they made us do the second cheer again and let us leave.

In person questions were "what position did you apply to?" "why do you want to work here?" "why should we hire you?" "what would you do if a customer had a question you didnt know the answer to?"

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you found a simple solution to a complicated problem?   Answer Question

Mid Level Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

been hired for more than 14 years so interview and hiring process has change alot since

Interview Questions

Negotiation

get what I wanted

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

three...1st one i forgot then the personnel and lastly assistant manager

Deli, Cashier, Sales Associate Interview

Interview

This is a group interview. After sitting in the waiting room, someone calls you in and brings you into a room where the entire interview takes place. The first part of the interview requires you to partner up and introduce your partner to the manager and other possible employees in your group. The second part of the interview requires you and a partner to sell an item to a customer. The final part of the interview is a speed dating type process. Managers come in and quickly ask you questions pertaining to the job. After this is done, you fill out forms and they let you know if you were hired within the week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were really simple but one that caught me off guard was: What was a simple solution that you had for a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruiter will call you, set up a phone interview and if you pass the pre-screening and behavioural interview you are invited to proceed with a interview with a senior HR Manager such as the District Manager. Store Manager will never get involved once the HR reports to main office in Mississauga

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Walmart pays what its pay grid determines. I asked for 45K and they offered me 65K, very honest process.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by phone to come to a group interview. The interview involves different stations with different activities. For example, at one station your group was given some time to market an item and present to the interviewers. At another, it was like speed dating, where you rotated around to different managers and they asked you questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult - just the typical questions like why you want to work there. Just be friendly and communicate well.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated working hours. It's very hard to change your hours later on once you're employed, so from the very beginning you must set clear expectations.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online on walmart careers and got call within few days and there was quick 5 minutes interview and in few hours got call that I am selected.

Negotiation

non negotiable.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at WalMart Canada (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about two weeks later, I got a call from one of the department managers. He asked me a few initial interview questions over the phone, and about an hour after that I got a call asking me to come in for a group interview the next week.

The group interview was an interesting experience. It was my first job interview ever, and I liked it because it took a bit of pressure off of me. We started out by introducing each other, then did scenarios (things like upselling, trying to sell a Walmart Mastercard, etc.) We met the store manager and at the end of the interview, we did a speed-interviewing process with five or six of the department managers. They each asked two or three questions - pretty general ones like availability, why you want to work there, a time you were put under pressure and how you dealt with it, etc.

Within the next day or two I received a call with a job offer. I went in, gave them my references, signed some paperwork, and started training a few days after.

Interview Questions

• Having to sell the Walmart Mastercard to the interviewer - there was information on a board but it was pretty awkward having to do it in front of a bunch of other people, especially since everyone else was paired with other candidates for their scenarios.   Answer Question