WalMart Canada

Average Difficulty
18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

North York, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2012.

Interview Details – The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Question – What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Very Easy Interview

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in May 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly thorough and intensive, despite that they seem to hire just about anyone....they do a back ground check and the usual interview type questions. Still people who have no desire to work, don't speak English and obviously don't care about working there are still hired and are dead weight once hired

Interview Question – The usual questions: Name a situation where you had to decide between 2 difficult options/scenarios/dilemma   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiating....minimum wage type salaries

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in August 2010.

Interview Details – There are three interview stages. The initial gives you an idea of what you'll be doing. The next two get you to speak with different managers and find out if you are flawed too severely to work at Walmart.

Interview Question – Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – There were 2 interviews (preliminary and final). If you receive a call after the interview, then you come back to accept their job offer. Once you have signed the job offer, you need to take and pass several WHMIS modules before they allow you to go on the floor with the vest and ID.

Interview Question – These are basic/standard questions normally asked for entry level positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They offer minimum rate any way.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Phone Call for a Phone Interview, Then a call back for a Group Interview. Group interview was chill. Introductions to other job candidates. Then you were asked to pair off and ask each other questions. Then relay that information to the rest of group. Then a mock customer scenario where you tried to sell a product.

Interview Question – What would you say your weakness is?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty standard, over the phone.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward. No surprises. HR asked me to choose a convenient time for interview. She was friendly and to-the-point.

Interview Question – What have you been doing in the past few years, when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Interviewed at WalMart Canada

Interview Details – three...1st one i forgot then the personnel and lastly assistant manager

Interview Question – why do u want to work here   Answer Question

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in September 2009.

Interview Details – Asked me some generic questions- describe yourself, how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. No questions felt out of place or blindsiding.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was far different than other interviews that I have been to. The first stage was similar to the multiple mini interviews that certain professional programs at universities have. It consisted of a short conversation at one of the rotating stations. After that there were group presentations that assessed your ability to work in a team.

Interview Question – Describe a conflict in your work experience and how you addressed it   Answer Question

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview Details – Originally had a phone interview out of the blue (wasn't really told she just started asking questions!) about 15mins long with your usual questions. Eg when was there a time you were stressed out at work and what did you do?
Was called back about 5 days later and informed about a group interview.
The group interview consisted of 5 other applicants and a few of the managers from the store were there as well. There was some roleplaying, trying to sell an item, discussing gossiping in the work place etc.
They also told us about benefits and the store we would be working in.
Last but not least there was the speed interview questions where the managers asked each of us 3 questions moving down the line til they were done.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where you saw someone stealing?   Answer Question

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!