WalMart Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North York, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in April 2012.

The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Questions
  • What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   View Answer

Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Markham, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Markham, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Applied online and received a call in 2-3 weeks (phone interview) questions were very basic, then they told me to come in for a group interview. There were at least 4 others in my group interview but the interview was comfortable. Managers asked each individual to tell everybody a bit about themselves and then conducted a small 1-on-1 interview for about 5 mins with each person.

Phone interview Questions: (can't remember all, things might have changed)

1. Give me an example of a time when your team member or customer was giving you a hard time and how did you handle it?

2. How do you deal with pressure or a tough day at work?

3. What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions
    • Completing the long online questionnaire was the hard part.   Answer Question
    My advice to others is to make sure your available to work often.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in May 2010.

Fairly thorough and intensive, despite that they seem to hire just about anyone....they do a back ground check and the usual interview type questions. Still people who have no desire to work, don't speak English and obviously don't care about working there are still hired and are dead weight once hired

Interview Questions
    • The usual questions: Name a situation where you had to decide between 2 difficult options/scenarios/dilemma   View Answer
    Not much room for negotiating....minimum wage type salaries

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in August 2010.

There are three interview stages. The initial gives you an idea of what you'll be doing. The next two get you to speak with different managers and find out if you are flawed too severely to work at Walmart.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

There were 2 interviews (preliminary and final). If you receive a call after the interview, then you come back to accept their job offer. Once you have signed the job offer, you need to take and pass several WHMIS modules before they allow you to go on the floor with the vest and ID.

Interview Questions
    • These are basic/standard questions normally asked for entry level positions.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. They offer minimum rate any way.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Phone Call for a Phone Interview, Then a call back for a Group Interview. Group interview was chill. Introductions to other job candidates. Then you were asked to pair off and ask each other questions. Then relay that information to the rest of group. Then a mock customer scenario where you tried to sell a product.

Interview Questions
    Pretty standard, over the phone.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Pretty straightforward. No surprises. HR asked me to choose a convenient time for interview. She was friendly and to-the-point.

Interview Questions
    • What have you been doing in the past few years, when you weren't working?   Answer Question

three...1st one i forgot then the personnel and lastly assistant manager

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at WalMart Canada in September 2009.

Asked me some generic questions- describe yourself, how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. No questions felt out of place or blindsiding.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at WalMart Canada in July 2011.

The interview was far different than other interviews that I have been to. The first stage was similar to the multiple mini interviews that certain professional programs at universities have. It consisted of a short conversation at one of the rotating stations. After that there were group presentations that assessed your ability to work in a team.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict in your work experience and how you addressed it   Answer Question

Worked for WalMart Canada? Contribute to the Community!