WalMart Canada Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (North York, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

The first step is to submit a profile on line where you have to answer around 80 questions . The questions are simple behaviour based . If you have retail experience it would be easy to answer these questions. After the online assessment there will be a telephonics interview which will take around 20 mnts .

Interview Questions

• What is the market share of walmart amongst all the other retail chain ?   1 Answer

Pay offered was not as expected . Less hours

Other Interview Reviews for WalMart Canada

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

They called me and asked me a few questions (Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge), Then she called me for a group interview, (speed dating interview process). We also had to role play and pretend to help customers and had to solve an issue (employees gossiping). Then the next day they called and hired me.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me a time where you had to be in charge, what's your availability? why should I hire you? what are your strengths and weaknesses, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Kitchener, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Friendly atmosphere, felt comfortable and not pressured. My interviewer was very professional and we could relate on multiple levels. Again back to the comfort level, not being pressured or stressed from the questions given.

Interview Questions

• What do you like doing outside of work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online pass a test, brief telephone interview, 1 on 1 interview, 4 hour intense orientation. One on one interview was not in a private setting which I found odd - people coming and going.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiation, however I did tell them what days and hours I wanted to work.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Had to do an assessment test. Received a call a few days later asking me to come in and see someone from management. I was surprised that there was no interview, so I guess that if you pass the assessment test, you don't need to go for an interview. They can figure out who you are from the assessment test. This is JUST a guess so I don't know for certain if that's the case.

Interview Questions

• None. Seems they were desperate for people (they were hiring 40 temporary part-time sales associates) and the manager asked about availability. BTW, the manager was straightforward, calm, and very friendly.   Answer Question

Part-time at this Walmart location means weekends from Friday evenings - Sunday evenings. Full-time positions are for Mondays-Fridays. The WalMart I applied to was open from 7am-11pm seven days a week. Shifts vary and that didn't work for me.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Markham, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Markham, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and received a call in 2-3 weeks (phone interview) questions were very basic, then they told me to come in for a group interview. There were at least 4 others in my group interview but the interview was comfortable. Managers asked each individual to tell everybody a bit about themselves and then conducted a small 1-on-1 interview for about 5 mins with each person. Phone interview Questions: (can't remember all, things might have changed) 1. Give me an example of a time when your team member or customer was giving you a hard time and how did you handle it? 2. How do you deal with pressure or a tough day at work? 3. What does customer service mean to you?

Interview Questions

• Completing the long online questionnaire was the hard part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice to others is to make sure your available to work often.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WalMart Canada (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

There were 2 interviews (preliminary and final). If you receive a call after the interview, then you come back to accept their job offer. Once you have signed the job offer, you need to take and pass several WHMIS modules before they allow you to go on the floor with the vest and ID.

Interview Questions

• These are basic/standard questions normally asked for entry level positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They offer minimum rate any way.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Phone Call for a Phone Interview, Then a call back for a Group Interview. Group interview was chill. Introductions to other job candidates. Then you were asked to pair off and ask each other questions. Then relay that information to the rest of group. Then a mock customer scenario where you tried to sell a product.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty standard, over the phone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WalMart Canada.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. No surprises. HR asked me to choose a convenient time for interview. She was friendly and to-the-point.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing in the past few years, when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

three...1st one i forgot then the personnel and lastly assistant manager