Walden Security Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2014
Updated Jul 25, 2014

1.6

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walden Security.

None i really don't remember at this time. I was hired on the spot. None i really don't remember at this time. I was hired on the spot. Thank you!!

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walden Security.

They will call you for a mini phone interview. It consist of just a few questions to see where you would be willing to work and travel for work. During the actual interview, hey ask the basic questions. What are your goals? What have you achieved so far? Where do you want to be in five years? This interview is pretty much like any other place.

Interview Questions
    • To me the most difficult questions are the ones where you have to think of something that you accomplished in the past and apply it to a situation they bring up.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walden Security.

You arrive meet with the front desk receptionist. Once checked in you will be handed antoher set of froms to fill out. (Background check authorization from, two work reference forms and company info froms) , after you complete them you will see the HR rep. You will be asked a set of standerd questions.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walden Security.

Submitted online application and was called in for an interview one week later. It was a panel interview and was very straightforward as far as the Q&A goes. The interview focused on behavioral interview questions and were not tricky at all. Everyone on the panel asked a few questions, but the HR Manager from a different location did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    There was room for a little negotiation but not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security.

Apply online via www.waldensecurity.com
    You will receive a phone call to interview. You will meet with the HR manager and she will tell you about how great it is to work for such a reputable company. Next you'll fill out normal pre-employment paperwork and get fingerprinted for your state security license. Then once your background check and in-house drug test you'll be scheduled for an 8 hr. security officer class.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. You could be partially brain dead and drooling throughout the interview.   View Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in April 2012.

Basically the interview goes...

"need a job?"

"ok go here tomorrow well take $300 out of your next 3 paychecks to compensate for licensing, management, and uniforms"

Interview Questions
    We offer this much, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in February 2011.

I was called to set up a time for an interview about a week after I applied online. I interviewed one on one with the HR manager. She asked me how I heard about the company. After I answered, she asked me where I lived and if I was willing to work the night shift. She then asked if I would be available the next day for training. Next I was given a drug test, which had instant results. After that I was asked to fill out a paper version of the application. The next day at training I was fingerprinted for a background check. I was not actually employed until I completed three days of unpaid training and passed a test. One thing that was not mentioned during the interview process was the over $120 that was taken out of your first paycheck for employment fees, including the background check, fingerprinting, and "administrative fees" among other things. Overall, there wasn't much to this interview really.

Management Level Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chattanooga, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in January 2011.

I was asked a few simple questions while the owner watched. After a few minutes, he took over the interview and started talking about how great the company was and how I needed to come work for them. This went on for over an hour and I just sat there and mostly nodded my head. Despite the obvious red flag of him selling me so hard on his company, I accepted his offer and quickly found out that most of what he said was completely untrue.

Interview Questions
    It is simple, just work through the VP, HR and she will take direction from the owner who ultimatley makes every decision.

Armed Security Officer(Gate Guard) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in June 2008.

I applied this position after seeing constant advertisements in the local newspaper was well as on the state job board. I was told to bring, copy of DD214 showing honerable discharge from military, birth certificate, Social security card, driver's license and a copy of my credit report. When I asked how I was suppose to get a copy of my credit report. I was advised to figure it out. There were some free and pay sites to get a copy of my credit report.

I reported to my local workforce center to learn it was a cattle call type interview. I sat in a waiting room. The interview room was behind me. There was no privacy as you could hear everything through the walls. When it was my turn I was told all was well except there was a blip on my credit report. My home mortgage was behind. I advised I was in the middle of loan modification. That I could provide proof of that. I was advised I was a security risk and they could not hire me. Come back when I had my credit problems fixed.

I felt very descriminated against. I even told the two men that were interviewing that I need a job to keep my bills current. They were pretty cold matter of fact and really did not care.

The two people who interview before me were very young. Both were getting kicked out the military for various reasons(again you can hear through the walls without even trying) They hired both of them. One was getting kicked out the military for discipline problems and the other was a women that getting put out because she was a single parent and refused to deploy and make arrangements for her child.

As I looked in the room at the of people waiting to be interviewed. I could see that they were not looking fo anyone my age and obvious not my race.

Later my local TV channel ran a story on an allegation of this same company for descriminatory hiring practices. I have later learned from the Petagon laison to goverment contractors that this type of practice is wrong.

I would run not walk from this company. They are constantly hiring which is a bad sign. After speaking with someone who works there. They have benefits that do not work most of the time...medical, dental and prescription. 401k that no one can seem to figure out how to get info on..they are putting there money into something that you get no reports or status on where you money is going.

The whole deal was shady. I reported it to my local state work office. The training pay was decent with the market pay being $14 hr when finished with training.

I also took a trip through the fate a few times to attend job fairs. Its obvious they are not hiring people with long term goals. Just any warm body to stand on the gate.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to get and bring a copy of your credit report.   Answer Question
    • Asked about management and previous law enforcement or security background.   View Answer

Armed Security Offer Fort Hood Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Hood, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in April 2008.

Well I got called in to have an interview with Walden Security. I was excited bc I wanted to work here for a while now. I was told to bring my dd214, ss card, b.s., id card, and credit report. I sat in a little room for some time then was called back into another room to b interviewed by a guy. He didnt really give me time to say much of anything, just that i have negative marks on my credit history and until I make progress on them, that they cannot offer me employment. This to me is wrong. Does anyone else know if it is legal for them to do that? I really need the job to work on my credit, so I want to know how I can get a job there.