Walden Security

Updated Feb 23, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Walden Security in November 2014.

You get called in by a recruiter who wants to know your availability (what hours you are willing to work and on what days) and then have a one on one sit-down interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about what kind of security experience you have. They are looking for someone who has previous comparable experience. Then they will pick out one of your most recent jobs from your application and ask you to explain what you did and what kind of customer contact you had. Just remain positive and they will probably hire you right on the spot if you dressed nice (wear a coat and tie if you have one)   View Answer
    • They ask why you left a previous job. Just try to be honest but BE POSITIVE. If you complain about your old job they may think you will cause problems at your new job   View Answer

Unarmed Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walden Security in October 2014.

It was a template interview they asked why you wanted to work for walden and how you handle people. There was no question and answer period. When I went they had a line of people waiting to be interviewed so it took me 2 hours before I interviewed. The interview last about 7 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any difficult questions just maintain confidence no matter what you say and you will be fine.   Answer Question
    They want you to complete training for a security certification that is required before you can work for them. The training is unpaid and they were not willing to provide details of the pay or job site until after training was successfully completed and the drug and background screening came back without issues. They made me do a swab drug test not a pee test.

Security Officer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walden Security.

None i really don't remember at this time. I was hired on the spot. None i really don't remember at this time. I was hired on the spot. Thank you!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walden Security.

They will call you for a mini phone interview. It consist of just a few questions to see where you would be willing to work and travel for work. During the actual interview, hey ask the basic questions. What are your goals? What have you achieved so far? Where do you want to be in five years? This interview is pretty much like any other place.

Interview Questions
    • To me the most difficult questions are the ones where you have to think of something that you accomplished in the past and apply it to a situation they bring up.   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walden Security.

You arrive meet with the front desk receptionist. Once checked in you will be handed antoher set of froms to fill out. (Background check authorization from, two work reference forms and company info froms) , after you complete them you will see the HR rep. You will be asked a set of standerd questions.

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walden Security.

Submitted online application and was called in for an interview one week later. It was a panel interview and was very straightforward as far as the Q&A goes. The interview focused on behavioral interview questions and were not tricky at all. Everyone on the panel asked a few questions, but the HR Manager from a different location did most of the talking.

Interview Questions
    There was room for a little negotiation but not much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walden Security in April 2013.

The process was simple at first, then after you get hired they drop a bomb on you. You will be on the hook for hundreds of dollars. After you pay out of pocket for background check, they will take it out of your check because they can.

Interview Questions
    • If you hear that a colleague has done something wrong would you tell.   Answer Question
    No negotiations. They will lie like a recruiter, promising a lot they can't deliver.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security.

Apply online via www.waldensecurity.com
    You will receive a phone call to interview. You will meet with the HR manager and she will tell you about how great it is to work for such a reputable company. Next you'll fill out normal pre-employment paperwork and get fingerprinted for your state security license. Then once your background check and in-house drug test you'll be scheduled for an 8 hr. security officer class.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing. You could be partially brain dead and drooling throughout the interview.   View Answer

Security Guard Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in April 2012.

Basically the interview goes...

"need a job?"

"ok go here tomorrow well take $300 out of your next 3 paychecks to compensate for licensing, management, and uniforms"

Interview Questions
    We offer this much, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden Security in February 2011.

I was called to set up a time for an interview about a week after I applied online. I interviewed one on one with the HR manager. She asked me how I heard about the company. After I answered, she asked me where I lived and if I was willing to work the night shift. She then asked if I would be available the next day for training. Next I was given a drug test, which had instant results. After that I was asked to fill out a paper version of the application. The next day at training I was fingerprinted for a background check. I was not actually employed until I completed three days of unpaid training and passed a test. One thing that was not mentioned during the interview process was the over $120 that was taken out of your first paycheck for employment fees, including the background check, fingerprinting, and "administrative fees" among other things. Overall, there wasn't much to this interview really.