Walden University Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walden University in September 2009.

Initial communication with Laureate (parent company) hiring staff was positive. They were very informative and helpful. Then proceeded to interview with college academic leadership and a number of faculty members. All were collegial and positive. Interview questions were challenging - be prepared to come up with experiences from your background to illustrate points. Then final interview with college associate dean was very pleasant!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question had to do with assessment, and this does not mean grading. Assessment as a function of fulfilling college mission and goals and achieving positive learning outcomes for students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Walden University in December 2008.

There was a brief telephone interview. I called Walden and managed to get through to Human Resources through an employee slip up. I submitted my resume online but through conversation I realized it had never been reviewed. I managed to get an interview...the day after Christmas.

Interview Questions
    • I was very prepared for the interview and expected it to be difficult but it wasn't. The interviewers were very lax and I don't remember a challenging question.   Answer Question
    I never negotiated the salary as I was thrilled with the base. It was $6 an hour more than was I was currently making.

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walden University in March 2010.

There was an open house for all interested candidates to come in on the same day. This open house is by invitation only, once you pass the initial phone screen with the HR person. When you come in, you'll intially meet with the human resources lady. You'll then meet with (2) Managers in a different room. Then you may meet with one additional person, pending the outcome of the first few rounds. IF they like you, you will be asked to complete a background form

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with cold calling and a time where you had to overcome objections. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walden University in June 2010.

I was called by HR and interviewed over the phone. Next I was asked by HR to come in for an interview.

I didn't decline offer

International Enrollment Advisor-College of Health Sciences Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walden University in May 2013.

Initial communication was an application and submission of Resume and other scholastic records for evaluation then an offer of appointment after the telephone personal interview. It was great because because they are such an incredible professional first party. Thank you.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question was dealt so it did not appear difficult.   View Answer
    working time

Academic Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walden University.

I applied for the job through the website early in the year, it was about 2 months before I got a call for an interview. The interview process was painless. The hiring manager interviewed me in person, and a secondary manager interviewed me over the phone. It lasted about an hour and in less than two weeks I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Every question seemed pretty standard and there wasn't anything difficult or unexpected, but it could be that I prepared well. Mainly wanted to know what my desire was to work in higher education, what drew my interest for this particular position and that I would be comfortable speaking with student's over the phone.   Answer Question
    I was called an offered the position and even though the base starting pay was extremely good, I negotiated for more and got it. Never be afraid to ask for what you are worth.

Student Services Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walden University in March 2010.

I submitted my application according to the directions on the HR portal but the materials were never received. I followed up to confirm receipt and, when I was informed they hadn't made it through the system, I sent it directly to the hiring manager. I applied, interviewed within the week, and had an offer less than a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What are your experiences with online/distance education?   Answer Question
    I wish I'd negotiated for a higher salary but I was able to negotiate a later start date to accommodate a large project I was finalizing at my previous company.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walden University in June 2010.

phone interview, then several interviews in person, than final interview with the director.

N/A

Worked for Walden University? Contribute to the Community!