Walden University

Updated Nov 21, 2014
Updated Nov 21, 2014

2.6

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walden University.

Don't respond to emails or calls in a timely manner. Very laid back. Ask situation questions. They will hire anyone if you interview well regardless of your background. All you have to say is you have experience building rapport and a team player.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walden University in September 2014.

1 week. Had a 30 minute phone interview and set up a face to face interview a few days later. The interview was a 3 person panel and I thought it went while. Five days later I called and was told they loved me but feel I am a better fit for a different position in their company. They told me to apply, which I did but they never called me back.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walden University in December 2011.

Your first interview is a phone interview with the Human Resources department and they just ask you basic knowledge of the company and your exprience.
    Your second interview is with the Enrollment Managers and they ask scenario based questions as well as questions to get to know you.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty general, just know background information and be ready to explain how you would handle different situations.   Answer Question
    Simple, they gave me an offer with amount they were willing to offer which was a little higher than I thought/

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walden University in June 2010.

I was called by HR and interviewed over the phone. Next I was asked by HR to come in for an interview.

I didn't decline offer

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walden University in March 2010.

There was an open house for all interested candidates to come in on the same day. This open house is by invitation only, once you pass the initial phone screen with the HR person. When you come in, you'll intially meet with the human resources lady. You'll then meet with (2) Managers in a different room. Then you may meet with one additional person, pending the outcome of the first few rounds. IF they like you, you will be asked to complete a background form

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with cold calling and a time where you had to overcome objections. How did you handle them?   Answer Question

Academic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walden University in September 2009.

Initial communication with Laureate (parent company) hiring staff was positive. They were very informative and helpful. Then proceeded to interview with college academic leadership and a number of faculty members. All were collegial and positive. Interview questions were challenging - be prepared to come up with experiences from your background to illustrate points. Then final interview with college associate dean was very pleasant!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question had to do with assessment, and this does not mean grading. Assessment as a function of fulfilling college mission and goals and achieving positive learning outcomes for students.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walden University in December 2008.

There was a brief telephone interview. I called Walden and managed to get through to Human Resources through an employee slip up. I submitted my resume online but through conversation I realized it had never been reviewed. I managed to get an interview...the day after Christmas.

Interview Questions
    • I was very prepared for the interview and expected it to be difficult but it wasn't. The interviewers were very lax and I don't remember a challenging question.   Answer Question
    I never negotiated the salary as I was thrilled with the base. It was $6 an hour more than was I was currently making.

International Enrollment Advisor-College of Health Sciences Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walden University in May 2013.

Initial communication was an application and submission of Resume and other scholastic records for evaluation then an offer of appointment after the telephone personal interview. It was great because because they are such an incredible professional first party. Thank you.

Interview Questions
    • Difficult question was dealt so it did not appear difficult.   View Answer
    working time

Academic Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walden University.

I applied for the job through the website early in the year, it was about 2 months before I got a call for an interview. The interview process was painless. The hiring manager interviewed me in person, and a secondary manager interviewed me over the phone. It lasted about an hour and in less than two weeks I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Every question seemed pretty standard and there wasn't anything difficult or unexpected, but it could be that I prepared well. Mainly wanted to know what my desire was to work in higher education, what drew my interest for this particular position and that I would be comfortable speaking with student's over the phone.   Answer Question
    I was called an offered the position and even though the base starting pay was extremely good, I negotiated for more and got it. Never be afraid to ask for what you are worth.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walden University in June 2010.

phone interview, then several interviews in person, than final interview with the director.

N/A