Walden University Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

2.7

Academic Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walden University.

Interview

I had a very short phone interview, about 7 minutes. Never heard back after, therefore emailed them two weeks later to ask about my application status. They could be nice enough to at least email me back and tell me we do not want to continue hiring process with you. I had a phone interview a month ago, and they did not even answer my email. I think such ignoring is very rude.

Interview Questions

• What were my problem-solving skills   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Pretty Typical. Their HR department actually found my resume online and contacted me. I had a phone interview, then 3 same day in person interviews. The interview questions were pretty typical for a sales position.

Contributing Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, contacted through email. A phone interview was set up with lead faculty. She asked several questions about my experience teaching online. The entire interview lasted about one hour. She explained the position and asked which classes I would like to teach. She also discussed how many students I could expect in the class as well as instructor requirements.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized to complete all of your tasks for the day?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walden University.

Interview

Don't respond to emails or calls in a timely manner. Very laid back. Ask situation questions. They will hire anyone if you interview well regardless of your background. All you have to say is you have experience building rapport and a team player.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walden University in September 2014.

Interview

1 week. Had a 30 minute phone interview and set up a face to face interview a few days later. The interview was a 3 person panel and I thought it went while. Five days later I called and was told they loved me but feel I am a better fit for a different position in their company. They told me to apply, which I did but they never called me back.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walden University in December 2011.

Interview

Your first interview is a phone interview with the Human Resources department and they just ask you basic knowledge of the company and your exprience. Your second interview is with the Enrollment Managers and they ask scenario based questions as well as questions to get to know you.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty general, just know background information and be ready to explain how you would handle different situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, they gave me an offer with amount they were willing to offer which was a little higher than I thought/

Academic Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walden University (Columbia, MD) in October 2011.

Interview

Each applicant is interviewed by two managers from the department they are applying to. My interview was conducted over the phone as I was not yet living in the state of the open position. I was pleased that both managers were willing to interview me over the phone and did not require an in-person interview prior to offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had an issue and how you solved it   Answer Question

Self-directed Course Salary Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walden University (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

Online application, phone interview with HR person to vett my experience and fit for the position, interview with program director by phone, successful completion of training, post training interview, performance with teaching first class.

Interview Questions

• How long teaching Teaching philosophy Experience with online teaching Experience with doctoral student mentoring   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walden University (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called by HR and interviewed over the phone. Next I was asked by HR to come in for an interview.

I didn't decline offer

EA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walden University (Columbia, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

There was an open house for all interested candidates to come in on the same day. This open house is by invitation only, once you pass the initial phone screen with the HR person. When you come in, you'll intially meet with the human resources lady. You'll then meet with (2) Managers in a different room. Then you may meet with one additional person, pending the outcome of the first few rounds. IF they like you, you will be asked to complete a background form

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with cold calling and a time where you had to overcome objections. How did you handle them?   Answer Question