Waldorf Astoria

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Security Management Trainee Program Interview

Security Management Trainee Program

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2014.

Interview Details – Was called by HR to come in for an interview after submitting a resume. The first interview was with that recruiter, and the second being with the security manager. The questions were typical interview questions, but made you think; pretty in depth. Must have excellent customer service and people skills.

Interview Question – Name one challenge you faced at your present/previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Front Desk Manager Interview

Front Desk Manager

Interviewed at Waldorf Astoria

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with executive staff.

Interview Question – Explain your most challenging day at work and how did you feel when is was over?   Answer Question

Executive Office Intern Interview

Executive Office Intern

Interviewed at Waldorf Astoria

Interview Details – Estimate 20 minute interview with the supervisor. HR time of about 15 min to fill out paperwork.

Interview Question – Expect to work 20 hours or else they will hire another person   Answer Question

Room Attendant Interview

Room Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through the Hilton Careers website. I received a call that I had an interview two days later. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. I filled out some paperwork, and took a drug test. I received a call a couple days later that I [passed the background check. Everyone was nice and respectful. Very simple process.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straightforward. I do not recall in difficult questions. What can you tell me about Waldorf Astoria? Why do you want to work here? Can you handle the constant bending down?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Night Cleaner Interview

Night Cleaner
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in October 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was by phone 15 min they asked the common questions such as night ability, my salary requirement, you work well alone or with a group, you are ok with costumers and hospitality, you are a hard worker things like tthat.
The second interview was in person same question of the first interview.
Sadly I didn't get the third interview they wrote me an email says they choose someone else for the position.

Interview Question – Was so easy and smooth.   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Bartender

Interview Details – Interviewed

Interview Question – Why Waldorf Astoria?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in September 2013.

Interview Details – Several interview - two phone interview and two in-person interviews; Talked with all levels of management and though the process was intensive, it moved along smoothly and rather quickly. It was actually a pleasant, personable, and interesting interviewing process - never felt awkward or interrogated.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you promised a certain outcome and were unable to meet your goal. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a lot of room for negotiation, but the offer was relatively fair.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.

Interview Details – The hiring process was multi-step and pretty long. I engaged in one phone interview, two Skype interviews and one face to face interview.

Interview Question – If we gave you a company to start a social media campaign, what are they steps you would take to implement it, start to finish.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Be prepared, study the company

Housekeeping Supervisor Interview

Housekeeping Supervisor
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed and offered the job during the interview process.

Interview Question – Basic/ Regular   Answer Question

Rooms Division Interview

Rooms Division
New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in November 2008.

Interview Details – Panel based interview where I met with the director of rooms, hotel manager, department leaders and general manager. Know your stuff - know why you want to work for the company and prepare beforehand.

Interview Questions

• What makes you want to work for The Waldorf=Astoria   View Answer
  • Why do you want to live in New York City   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation happened during my tenure with the company.

Worked for Waldorf Astoria? Contribute to the Community!