Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Waldorf Astoria
- Massage Therapist (2)
- Bartender (1)
- Chef De Partie (1)
- Executive Office Intern (1)
- Rooms Division (1)
- Night Cleaner (1)
- Security Management Trainee Program (1)
- Property Operations (1)
- Intern (1)
- Butler (1)
- Marketing (1)
- Front Desk Manager (1)
- Room Attendant (1)
- Head Chef (1)
- Housekeeping Supervisor (1)
- Page (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (New York, NY) in February 2015.
Went to a total of two interviews, first was with HR asking very basic and straightforward questions. The second interview was more technical with the current property operations teams, very detailed questions on what I have learned in the past.
- Tell me about yourself? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2015.
Apply online on their webpage. They will send an email asking for a date and time to call you, that was after a week in my case, asking to chose a scheduled date and time to call. If they, by any chance don't call you, try to write them (HR) so they can keep you in mind.
- What is the most difficult experience you have gone through in your last job? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.
very structured and detailed about the potion. He was open for conversation about things other than the job/work. The one bad or negative is that from the time you finish application to the day you start is an average of 30-45 days. I know for fact that many good people are lost because of the long process.
- So can you do this? ....(yes) okay I will call you in few weeks tell what day you start...............(ok, thanks. do you know when that might be?) not sure still have interviews to do, but i have your number. ....(ok) Answer Question
none. was told pay and all options once there. job was mine if i wanted but starting at that rate and would rise after 90 days
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (Orlando, FL).
I submitted app. online and called them. They called back for 1st interview. I was not called back for 2nd interview and never had an opportunity to give them a sample massage, even though I had an outstanding 18-year history in massage therapy and outstanding record of work with tourists from all walks of life. I had worked in two other spas similar to theirs for years. I then received a "Dear John" form letter that implied I would not be considered, ever. The only negative remark they made that could be a reason for rejecting me was that I had worked for a 4-Star hotel in the past, and THEY were a 5-Star hotel. They said there was a BIG difference between a 4 and 5 star hotel!!!
- Name a difficult situation you encountered with co-workers/clients. How did you handle it? 1 Answer
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
Multiple interviews with executive staff.
- Explain your most challenging day at work and how did you feel when is was over? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferAccepted Offer
Estimate 20 minute interview with the supervisor. HR time of about 15 min to fill out paperwork.
- Expect to work 20 hours or else they will hire another person Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2014.
Was called by HR to come in for an interview after submitting a resume. The first interview was with that recruiter, and the second being with the security manager. The questions were typical interview questions, but made you think; pretty in depth. Must have excellent customer service and people skills.
- Name one challenge you faced at your present/previous job, and how did you handle it? Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewNo OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria (New York, NY) in October 2013.
The first interview was by phone 15 min they asked the common questions such as night ability, my salary requirement, you work well alone or with a group, you are ok with costumers and hospitality, you are a hard worker things like tthat.
The second interview was in person same question of the first interview.
Sadly I didn't get the third interview they wrote me an email says they choose someone else for the position.
- Was so easy and smooth. Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in October 2013.
I applied online through the Hilton Careers website. I received a call that I had an interview two days later. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. I filled out some paperwork, and took a drug test. I received a call a couple days later that I [passed the background check. Everyone was nice and respectful. Very simple process.
- The questions were pretty straightforward. I do not recall in difficult questions. What can you tell me about Waldorf Astoria? Why do you want to work here? Can you handle the constant bending down? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review