Waldorf Astoria Interview Questions

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.8

Property Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waldorf Astoria in February 2015.

Went to a total of two interviews, first was with HR asking very basic and straightforward questions. The second interview was more technical with the current property operations teams, very detailed questions on what I have learned in the past.

Page Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2015.

Apply online on their webpage. They will send an email asking for a date and time to call you, that was after a week in my case, asking to chose a scheduled date and time to call. If they, by any chance don't call you, try to write them (HR) so they can keep you in mind.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult experience you have gone through in your last job?   Answer Question

Head Chef Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.

very structured and detailed about the potion. He was open for conversation about things other than the job/work. The one bad or negative is that from the time you finish application to the day you start is an average of 30-45 days. I know for fact that many good people are lost because of the long process.

Interview Questions
    • So can you do this? ....(yes) okay I will call you in few weeks tell what day you start...............(ok, thanks. do you know when that might be?) not sure still have interviews to do, but i have your number. ....(ok)   Answer Question
    none. was told pay and all options once there. job was mine if i wanted but starting at that rate and would rise after 90 days

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria.

I submitted app. online and called them. They called back for 1st interview. I was not called back for 2nd interview and never had an opportunity to give them a sample massage, even though I had an outstanding 18-year history in massage therapy and outstanding record of work with tourists from all walks of life. I had worked in two other spas similar to theirs for years. I then received a "Dear John" form letter that implied I would not be considered, ever. The only negative remark they made that could be a reason for rejecting me was that I had worked for a 4-Star hotel in the past, and THEY were a 5-Star hotel. They said there was a BIG difference between a 4 and 5 star hotel!!!

Interview Questions
    • Name a difficult situation you encountered with co-workers/clients. How did you handle it?   View Answer

Front Desk Manager Interview

Multiple interviews with executive staff.

Interview Questions
    • Explain your most challenging day at work and how did you feel when is was over?   Answer Question

Executive Office Intern Interview

Estimate 20 minute interview with the supervisor. HR time of about 15 min to fill out paperwork.

Interview Questions
    • Expect to work 20 hours or else they will hire another person   Answer Question

Security Management Trainee Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Waldorf Astoria in January 2014.

Was called by HR to come in for an interview after submitting a resume. The first interview was with that recruiter, and the second being with the security manager. The questions were typical interview questions, but made you think; pretty in depth. Must have excellent customer service and people skills.

Interview Questions
    • Name one challenge you faced at your present/previous job, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Bartender Interview

Interviewed

Night Cleaner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Waldorf Astoria in October 2013.

The first interview was by phone 15 min they asked the common questions such as night ability, my salary requirement, you work well alone or with a group, you are ok with costumers and hospitality, you are a hard worker things like tthat.
    The second interview was in person same question of the first interview.
    Sadly I didn't get the third interview they wrote me an email says they choose someone else for the position.

Room Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Waldorf Astoria in October 2013.

I applied online through the Hilton Careers website. I received a call that I had an interview two days later. I was offered the job at the end of the interview. I filled out some paperwork, and took a drug test. I received a call a couple days later that I [passed the background check. Everyone was nice and respectful. Very simple process.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty straightforward. I do not recall in difficult questions. What can you tell me about Waldorf Astoria? Why do you want to work here? Can you handle the constant bending down?   Answer Question