Walgreens ASMT Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

10 behavorial questions were asked one at a time. Each question presented a situation about customer service, leadership, problem resolution and project management. I had to explain the situation, how I resolved the situation and the outcomes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you led a team to perform a project you did not believe in?   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2015.

Interview

Panel asking behavioral questions.. All about past experiences in or out of the store. Prepped very rigorous but does not pertain to reality in the stores.Very uncomfortable situation to be in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a co-workers, what did you do what was the situation did you resolve it?   Answer Question

ASMt Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Interview

Walgreens uses Behavioral Interview questions for all their interviewing processes so be aware of what that type of interview is, and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse your answers. Be confident on your answers and be able to expound on your answer. You can look online for STAR methods of interviews, which explains the steps in which you answer a given question. This is paramount to follow that method. Be aware you must be willing to be placed at a store 30-60 min drive from your home at any given time, for months on end, and to be able to whip an underpaid staff of floor clerks into shape. The floor clerks (as of Jan. 2015) average 8.25 per hour.....hamburger chains start their employees at 9.00 per hour.....the internal incentive chart isn't difficult to see. Walgreens has merged with Boots and changes in management are underway.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to make the most difficult decision between your work and an employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations(offered or expected).

ASMt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Was called for interview and hired instantly due to my experience. You must apply online due to their policy. If you're called then you meet with a manager from one of the stores but not necessarily the one you'll be working for. You meet in the store's office with the manager one on one. You have to ask personality questions and they basically want to know how you would solve problems presented to you as a manager.

Interview Questions

• There are several questionnaires online you must answer, one with a timed math portion. But the in-person interview questions were mostly about how would you handle different scenarios with customers.

Make sure you learn some info about the company prior to your interview. I didn't do enough research and had to improvise on the fly.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

ASMt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

First is a phone interview. Basic questions. Not hard at all. Then got a call for a second interview with two community leaders which are a step above the store manager. Not a easy interview because they read straight from the paper and jot down notes. Really dont look up from the paper. Asked situational question. Using the 5 star method is very helpful. Look it up if you dont know what it is. Lasted about 40 min. Make sure you have questions to ask them after the interview. Have at least 5 ready. they said the would contact me the beginning of the following month which was 2 weeks later. But go a call the next week with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficult but it wasnt easy. Really have to be on your toes. Dont be scared to ask for clarification of the question. Make the interview as a conversation than an interrogation. One question was, "Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer, if so how did you handle the situation and what was the positive or negative outcome."   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens (Highland, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I was an MGT/Assistant Manager with the company already but the position was being phased out. I applied for ASMT internally. I applied in March, took a skills assessment (mostly business and accounting math) in April, interviewed in May, and accepted the job offer in June. The skills assessment is what gets most people. Make sure you understand basic business math (gross profit, calculating revenue, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had multiple competing projects and limited resources. What was the situation, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered the job at my current rate (I was an MGT with the company previously).

Anonymous Employee in Brandon, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Brandon, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Lengthy they several store manager all taking turns asking nothing but behavior response based questions. This type of interview is again becoming the industry standard". This type of interview should be mixed with accomplishments and weaknesses. NOT solely 'How would you, How did you, and give me an example of a time" questions...

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you havea difficult customer and give details of how the situation was handled and what was the resolve of your actions taken?   1 Answer

ASMt Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

behavioral interview

Negotiation

no negotiation, my pay was frozen.

ASMt Interview

Interview

10 situational questions. Listen to questions thoroughly because they have multiple questions with in the situation.

Interview Questions

• Remembering not to use the same or too similar answer/situation when going through the questions.   Answer Question

ASMt Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Submitted application and did testing online, two weeks later got an invitation to come to the store and do another set of tests. A few days later got an interview set up for the following week. Interview went smooth. 3 interviewers asked a total of 10 questions and some basic get to know you stuff. Everyone was friendly and the interview went well. They said they had a few more interviews to do still. Got a call back about 2 weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• "What was the most complex or complicated work decision you've had to make in the past?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a set offer, no negoatiating took place.