Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Basic process 45 minutes

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Interviewed with two higher-level Store Managers. Not a bad processes

No negotiation, they offer you and you either accept or decline.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Two in person interviews

There was no negotiating. They don't negotiate at ALL. They are cheap.

Assistant Manager Interview

Drove to Corporate location in CA. Just went into a cubicle, took some on-line tests and when I came out, they offered me the job. I did know someone who worked there, so that helped, I think. They were really hiring people out of 4 yr college at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any reason why stealing would be acceptable?   View Answer

Wasn't really the job for me> heard the company is pretty bad now.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Applied through campus career website, got called into interview about a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Pretty much all behavioral questions. I was interviewed by the store manager of Corona herself. Slightly intimidating, but overall friendly. I feel like the questions she asked were more negative, putting me in situations where I would really have to question my own faults and weaknesses. However, I feel like their interviewing process definitely is great practice, so even if you do not get a job, it is a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing that makes you different than everyone else I am seeing today.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I Was Already Currently Worked At Walgreen's For 3 Years Before This Interview. I was Interview by an old Store Manager of mine, and another store manager the Interview was pretty basic, They threw a few Walgreens, Terms and what would you do if... since I had been already worked there and knew the routine, I passed with flying colors!

Interview Questions
    They Offered Me $16.50 with atleast 4 hours of overtime a week, with potential for raises and promotions. They eventualy (3 weeks later) took away ALL OVER TIME, and didn't see more then 8Cents Raise haha

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

Internal only, interviewed with the district manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Horrible and unprofessional, It lasted 20 minutes and the general manager keep re-scheduling. He made me fill like I was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was answering all the pre interview on-line questions, just to get a 20 min interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Pretty simple process all said and done. The process, for me, involved first filling out the online application which entailed several behavioral exams and general experience. Was then contacted by a talent acquisition manager who scheduled an interview on my college campus. I additionally went to my local Walgreen's and requested a small sit-down with the current store manager; which I believe helped facilitate the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges do you see yourself facing as the Assistant store manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

New hiring system is Computerized, a behavioral interview with set point values determining who is accepted.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, simple yes or no.