Walgreens Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

52 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2010.

I was hired by a store manager who was in charge of interviews at the time, she then relayed everything to corporate, at the time I was hired it was easier than it is now

Interview Questions
  • I wasn't really ask anything difficult because of prior work experience   Answer Question
just be prepared to work almost every weekend and if you are a church goer,,good luck

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Basic process 45 minutes

Interviewed with two higher-level Store Managers. Not a bad processes

No negotiation, they offer you and you either accept or decline.

Anonymous Employee  in  Riverside, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Applied through campus career website, got called into interview about a few weeks later. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Pretty much all behavioral questions. I was interviewed by the store manager of Corona herself. Slightly intimidating, but overall friendly. I feel like the questions she asked were more negative, putting me in situations where I would really have to question my own faults and weaknesses. However, I feel like their interviewing process definitely is great practice, so even if you do not get a job, it is a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me one thing that makes you different than everyone else I am seeing today.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Pretty simple process all said and done. The process, for me, involved first filling out the online application which entailed several behavioral exams and general experience. Was then contacted by a talent acquisition manager who scheduled an interview on my college campus. I additionally went to my local Walgreen's and requested a small sit-down with the current store manager; which I believe helped facilitate the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • What challenges do you see yourself facing as the Assistant store manager?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Provo, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2012.

The best way to get this job is to be persistent in the interview follow-up, in my experience. I met the recruiters on a campus visit, in an information session; interviewed the following day, and followed up 4-5 times demonstrating that I wanted this job more than other applicants. It helped that my job history matched that of two of the executives that interviewed me.

Interview Questions
    • How have you helped your current employer reach out to the community, create a positive image, and touch bases with the public.   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Two in person interviews

There was no negotiating. They don't negotiate at ALL. They are cheap.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Glenview, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glenview, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2009.

it took over a month after first interview, then got a second interview. the process was much to long, and I had to call them back

Interview Questions
    • what is the reason you feel I should hire you?   View Answer
    they do not negotiate. straight pay hourly and everyone starts at the same base.

Assistant Manager Interview

Drove to Corporate location in CA. Just went into a cubicle, took some on-line tests and when I came out, they offered me the job. I did know someone who worked there, so that helped, I think. They were really hiring people out of 4 yr college at the time.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any reason why stealing would be acceptable?   View Answer

Wasn't really the job for me> heard the company is pretty bad now.

Anonymous Employee  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Horrible and unprofessional, It lasted 20 minutes and the general manager keep re-scheduling. He made me fill like I was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult thing was answering all the pre interview on-line questions, just to get a 20 min interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!