Walgreens

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Question – It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

Interview Details – Walgreens prefers to promote within. The lowest management position is SFL (Shift Lead). If you have at least 3 years of customer service experience and posses a good customer service background, you can be considered. You must also have a high school diploma.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?
Describe a situation that shows you can build a rapport with others.
  Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2009.

Interview Details – Situational Interview, this ppoisition can not be applied for, must be promoted into within store

Interview Question – None, again promotion within company   Answer Question

Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – You first have to be hired as an Assistant Store manager Trainee

Interview Question – this is a behavioral interview and relies on experiences, so be prepared!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay is 1461 for working 88 hours every 2 weeks.... this is a salary position and you will only be making the equivalent of $16.20 per hour.... :( I only accepted because I thought the pay would be more. HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED.... USE CAUTION!!!

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview is primarily a fielding ground to see whether you and the store manager will get along together. A few simple questions regarding past obstacles, previous duties, and your perceptions of your last job and what you believe being an assistant manager entails. The store manager did not at all appreciate that my Friday evening was never free due to my religious observance and said later that I would not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion of NC State's basketball team?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you failed and how you would approach the same situation if it were presented again.   Answer Question

Paducah, KY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2009.

Interview Details – Found the listing online, took their skills test, consented for background check and drug screening. Got a call back about a week later to come in for an interview with the Store Manager, who passes on recommendations for Assistant Store Manager to the District Manager. Interview was very thorough (about 2 hours), and they had me drug test the same day. Starting pay varies by region (and cost of living), for my area it was $15.90 hourly, taking home 1272 biweekly (33,007 annually) plus a .50/hr premium for working overnight shifts.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was better pay than I was expecting (not very much management experience) so I didn't push for more. They would probably consider more pay if you were already well-trained in retail management.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Assistant Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.