Walgreens

Walgreens Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

3.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Questions
  • It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

You first have to be hired as an Assistant Store manager Trainee

Interview Questions
    • this is a behavioral interview and relies on experiences, so be prepared!   Answer Question
    pay is 1461 for working 88 hours every 2 weeks.... this is a salary position and you will only be making the equivalent of $16.20 per hour.... :( I only accepted because I thought the pay would be more. HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED.... USE CAUTION!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

Walgreens prefers to promote within. The lowest management position is SFL (Shift Lead). If you have at least 3 years of customer service experience and posses a good customer service background, you can be considered. You must also have a high school diploma.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an irate customer?
      Describe a situation that shows you can build a rapport with others.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paducah, KY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2009.

Found the listing online, took their skills test, consented for background check and drug screening. Got a call back about a week later to come in for an interview with the Store Manager, who passes on recommendations for Assistant Store Manager to the District Manager. Interview was very thorough (about 2 hours), and they had me drug test the same day. Starting pay varies by region (and cost of living), for my area it was $15.90 hourly, taking home 1272 biweekly (33,007 annually) plus a .50/hr premium for working overnight shifts.

Interview Questions
    It was better pay than I was expecting (not very much management experience) so I didn't push for more. They would probably consider more pay if you were already well-trained in retail management.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2009.

The interview is primarily a fielding ground to see whether you and the store manager will get along together. A few simple questions regarding past obstacles, previous duties, and your perceptions of your last job and what you believe being an assistant manager entails. The store manager did not at all appreciate that my Friday evening was never free due to my religious observance and said later that I would not receive a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion of NC State's basketball team?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you failed and how you would approach the same situation if it were presented again.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2009.

Situational Interview, this ppoisition can not be applied for, must be promoted into within store