Walgreens

Updated Jan 31, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Hiring process-drug test and background check. Interview-office, one person, regional manager. Haven't started my first day. Am I at thirty words yet? No I'm not. Let's see-you are competing against Walgreens shift leads as outsider. So know your stuff!! Use only retail references.

Interview Questions
  • No dumb questions like strengths and weaknesses. Straight up grill. All the questions were situation, action, result.
    1. Tell me about a time were you had a difficult conversation with someone (performance critique is the best example) 2. Tell me about a time where you had a tight deadline and multiple things to do 3. Tell me about a time where you had a short deadline (one day, as opposed to question two which could stretch out) 4. Something about reviewing profit earned and using that knowledge to branch out into new areas (tanked that question obviously) 5. Tell me about a time where you had coach someone repeatedly 6. Tell me about a time where you critiqued someone's bad performance or teamwork. 7. Tell me about a time where you had to encourage someone. 8. Tell me about a time where you had to implement a plan in which even you did not agree with. That's all I remember.

View Answer
16.00 per hour. You can be demoted to shift leader if you wish.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

lots of behavioral questions. be prepared to give well thought out answers. think about your past experiences in customer service and leadership positions. got an offer about a week later. knew right away though that i had gotten the position because they were asking for my availability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

I submitted an application in September and received a call for an interview in November. The interview was with the district manager and the HR manager. The interview questions were behavioral questions. The questions were quite simple.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to motivate your team to do something that you did not like doing.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Promoted through the Community Management Internship summer program. Interview for that position was nearly identical to the ASM-T Interview from what I heard. Asked typical behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. Typical behavioral questions you'd find in any hourly position interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They have a pay rate and that's what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

This position will open up to the public in the near future. It will require a degree. The questions are behavioral based. Example- give me a specific example of...

Interview Questions
    None. Every gets the same in the market.