Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions & Reviews

28 interviews

2.0

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walgreens.

In person interview, I got hired on the spot. She wasn't intimidating. It only lasted about 15 mins and I received a call that I got the job the next business day.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montgomery, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montgomery, AL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2010.

Was called in for an interview, general interview questions regarding previous experience and why you would be a good fit for the position. Came back in about a week later for orientation. Spent about three days doing training modules on the computer.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in the case of an unruly customer who yelled and threatened?   View Answer
    At the time minimum wage was 7.25/hr and was the only option for pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Olympia Fields, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

I applied online for the Cosmetics department (so I'm assuming that would be a Beauty Advisor) and about 3 days later I went in to take the skills assessment test. The next morning I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for the following day (Sat). I went to the interview in the afternoon and it was pretty laid back. The manager was really cool and nice. She asked me a few questions and discussed my availability and what shift I would work if hired. After that, she offered me the job and said that I would just need to do the drug test/background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer" "Describe a time when you had to multitask" " "What did you do at your previous job?" "Describe a time when you decided not to help a customer" "What would you do if the line was really long and a customer says that something is $2 off but needs verification?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin Park, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2012.

You have to bother them a lot for them to look at your resume. Which they didnt even look at. The most unqualified person can work here and you just need to know how to work a register

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vineland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Test and Interview in person

Beauty Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2013.

I filled out the application online and maybe a week later I was called in to fill out an assessment in store. After I was called into an interview and I was told I would be called within the next week to see if I could be hired. I didn't receive a call on the day I was supposed to find out if I had or had not been hired so I called and was told I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you showed excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was not a long one. Having done very well on my skills test there was really not that much more information to give besides the usual scenario questions. For example, describe a scenario in which you feel that you went over and beyond what would be expected of you in that position.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation phase. I did almost initiate one after finding out that the starting pay was only 8.00 per hour. However, I feel fortunate to have found a position with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Completed application and testing process at home on computer, then was called into store to complete testing process there on the computer. Not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have an interview, I was pretty much hired based upon past retail employment and testing scores.   Answer Question
    I was told that I could pretty much be guaranteed 30+ hours a week and now that has been cut down to 18 because retail is making the move to having no full-time non-management employees to cut costs.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Crestwood, Cook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crestwood, Cook, IL

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Online application. You must then finish remaining application in store on computer. Basic test of what would you do scenarios, cash handling questions, and availability. Once called back for an interview you have a sit down conversation with the store manager sharing experience and answering a few basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    Very flexible with hours. Let them know in advance if you are working elsewhere or going to school and they will most likely work around it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

First, I applied online, then I went inside the store to complete the second part of my assessment on the store's computer. The next morning, I called the store manager, and asked to check the status of my application. After reviewing my application, he called me for a interview the following Monday (it was a weekend). After the interview, I was asked to call back the next day to have my parents sign consent forms for me to work & took a drug test. Then I called the manager, and he told me to come in for a orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a problem understanding someone, what did you do, and do you believe you were effective? (Communication)   View Answer
    I didn't want to negotiate, I was very happy with my offer.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!