Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.0

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

In person interview, I got hired on the spot. She wasn't intimidating. It only lasted about 15 mins and I received a call that I got the job the next business day.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

I applied online for the Cosmetics department (so I'm assuming that would be a Beauty Advisor) and about 3 days later I went in to take the skills assessment test. The next morning I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for the following day (Sat). I went to the interview in the afternoon and it was pretty laid back. The manager was really cool and nice. She asked me a few questions and discussed my availability and what shift I would work if hired. After that, she offered me the job and said that I would just need to do the drug test/background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer" "Describe a time when you had to multitask" " "What did you do at your previous job?" "Describe a time when you decided not to help a customer" "What would you do if the line was really long and a customer says that something is $2 off but needs verification?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Test and Interview in person

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was not a long one. Having done very well on my skills test there was really not that much more information to give besides the usual scenario questions. For example, describe a scenario in which you feel that you went over and beyond what would be expected of you in that position.

Interview Questions
    There was really no negotiation phase. I did almost initiate one after finding out that the starting pay was only 8.00 per hour. However, I feel fortunate to have found a position with this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

First, I applied online, then I went inside the store to complete the second part of my assessment on the store's computer. The next morning, I called the store manager, and asked to check the status of my application. After reviewing my application, he called me for a interview the following Monday (it was a weekend). After the interview, I was asked to call back the next day to have my parents sign consent forms for me to work & took a drug test. Then I called the manager, and he told me to come in for a orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a problem understanding someone, what did you do, and do you believe you were effective? (Communication)   View Answer
    I didn't want to negotiate, I was very happy with my offer.

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

You have to take a simple test and then there is a short interview. After the interview you go take a drug test.

none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Applied July 9, received a call to set up an interview from store manager on August 29.
    Went for interview September 3. Went very well we talked like old friends a lot about my previous job experience and how much I qualified for that position. He let me know he had one more interview following mines and he would call me if he was interested. He called me at 9 the next morning and asked me to come get the drug test form and I was hired pending background and drug results took the drug test September 5 he told me it takes 1-2 weeks. Hadn't heard from the manager so I decided to call on September 19 (2weeks&1day later) and he said my drug test came up diluted and I had never heard that before and he also said he never seen that before. He said he would give me a call back to let me know what can be done. He finally called me back October 4 and told me the system was frozen and it finally went thru. I told him I was already employed and I thanked him and he let me know if I need a job to call him and he apologized.

Really positive experience and nice guy.

Interview Questions
    • What should I hire you over the next candidate?
      What do you know about walgreens?
      A Spanish speaker approaches you for help but you only speak English what do you do?
        View Answer

Had not heard from him for 2+ weeks accepted another job offer with better pay.

Beauty Advisor Interview

The interview was very basic. I did not have a resume. I was in highschool. I applied online. Manager met me and asked me very basic questions. Described the job. Asked if I was available nights and weekends, which I was. If you aren't available nights, weekends, and some holidays then do not apply.

Interview Questions
    • If I was available to work nights, weekends, and holidays. I hadn't yet considered this question since I was in highschool.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

The whole process didn't take but a couple of days after my application was completely in. I got called in for the interview and I could tell immediately that the manager was a cool person. This interview was different from most because it didn't contain those typical "what would you do" customer service questions. She was more interested in learning about who I am and what I like pertaining to beauty. The only specific questions she really asked was have I dealt intense situations on the job and an example on how i worked well in a group. But other than that it was more so a conversation and I think she liked my personality. I'd say the interview depends on the store manager and may not be the same.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Completed application and testing process at home on computer, then was called into store to complete testing process there on the computer. Not difficult.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really have an interview, I was pretty much hired based upon past retail employment and testing scores.   Answer Question
    I was told that I could pretty much be guaranteed 30+ hours a week and now that has been cut down to 18 because retail is making the move to having no full-time non-management employees to cut costs.