Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

1.9

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (Barceloneta, PR) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online, got a call a couple weeks later to do an assesment test, a week later got an interview and the day after the interview got the call that I was hired. The questions were very basic, they gave me a random makeup and made me sell it to them. I dressed very formal for the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. Well for me at least. They just ask you how would you react in certain situations with customers. Sales questions and your past experience in retail. They also ask you if you know about makeup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything really. I just needed them to work with my school schedule

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Filled out application online then went in store for second part of the application which is a skills knowledge test , then called store 2 days later and got an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Loved manager!

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

In person interview, I got hired on the spot. She wasn't intimidating. It only lasted about 15 mins and I received a call that I got the job the next business day.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Olympia Fields, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Cosmetics department (so I'm assuming that would be a Beauty Advisor) and about 3 days later I went in to take the skills assessment test. The next morning I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for the following day (Sat). I went to the interview in the afternoon and it was pretty laid back. The manager was really cool and nice. She asked me a few questions and discussed my availability and what shift I would work if hired. After that, she offered me the job and said that I would just need to do the drug test/background check.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer" "Describe a time when you had to multitask" " "What did you do at your previous job?" "Describe a time when you decided not to help a customer" "What would you do if the line was really long and a customer says that something is $2 off but needs verification?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Vineland, NJ).

Interview

Test and Interview in person

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process was not a long one. Having done very well on my skills test there was really not that much more information to give besides the usual scenario questions. For example, describe a scenario in which you feel that you went over and beyond what would be expected of you in that position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation phase. I did almost initiate one after finding out that the starting pay was only 8.00 per hour. However, I feel fortunate to have found a position with this company.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in November 2013.

Interview

First, I applied online, then I went inside the store to complete the second part of my assessment on the store's computer. The next morning, I called the store manager, and asked to check the status of my application. After reviewing my application, he called me for a interview the following Monday (it was a weekend). After the interview, I was asked to call back the next day to have my parents sign consent forms for me to work & took a drug test. Then I called the manager, and he told me to come in for a orientation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a problem understanding someone, what did you do, and do you believe you were effective? (Communication)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't want to negotiate, I was very happy with my offer.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

You have to take a simple test and then there is a short interview. After the interview you go take a drug test.

Negotiation

none

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (West Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied July 9, received a call to set up an interview from store manager on August 29.
    Went for interview September 3. Went very well we talked like old friends a lot about my previous job experience and how much I qualified for that position. He let me know he had one more interview following mines and he would call me if he was interested. He called me at 9 the next morning and asked me to come get the drug test form and I was hired pending background and drug results took the drug test September 5 he told me it takes 1-2 weeks. Hadn't heard from the manager so I decided to call on September 19 (2weeks&1day later) and he said my drug test came up diluted and I had never heard that before and he also said he never seen that before. He said he would give me a call back to let me know what can be done. He finally called me back October 4 and told me the system was frozen and it finally went thru. I told him I was already employed and I thanked him and he let me know if I need a job to call him and he apologized.

Really positive experience and nice guy.

Interview Questions

• What should I hire you over the next candidate?
      What do you know about walgreens?
      A Spanish speaker approaches you for help but you only speak English what do you do?

1 Answer

Had not heard from him for 2+ weeks accepted another job offer with better pay.