Walgreens Beauty Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

1.9

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online late at night and the next day, about 10 hours later, I got called by the assistant manager to come in for an interview as soon as I could. I arrived at the store about a half an hour later and the assistant manager walked me to the back and had me take the skills assessment and then said he wanted to interview me right afterwards. Both my assessments came back "very high" so he started the interview process. Afterwards, he said I did an amazing job and that he wanted to offer me the job. The pay is minimum wage starting out but as a beauty advisor you can make money off of certain products you sell. I accepted the offer and he then walked me around the store and introduced me to the store manager and other various people. I signed the papers and was sent to take a drug test and I start in approximately one week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you provided excellent customer service.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barceloneta, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (Barceloneta, PR) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online, got a call a couple weeks later to do an assesment test, a week later got an interview and the day after the interview got the call that I was hired. The questions were very basic, they gave me a random makeup and made me sell it to them. I dressed very formal for the interview.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Interview process was pretty easy. Well for me at least. They just ask you how would you react in certain situations with customers. Sales questions and your past experience in retail. They also ask you if you know about makeup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your recent situation in which you had to deal with a very upset customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything really. I just needed them to work with my school schedule

Beauty Advisor Interview

Interview

Filled out application online then went in store for second part of the application which is a skills knowledge test , then called store 2 days later and got an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Loved manager!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Revere, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Revere, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

Very disorganized and all over the place. Interviewer was harsh and rude towards my responses, and gave a sense of hostility. The unprofessional environment showed that it was not a good place to work right off of the bat. Waited 15 minutes longer for my interview, and when started had many interruptions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

In person interview, I got hired on the spot. She wasn't intimidating. It only lasted about 15 mins and I received a call that I got the job the next business day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Olympia Fields, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online for the Cosmetics department (so I'm assuming that would be a Beauty Advisor) and about 3 days later I went in to take the skills assessment test. The next morning I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for the following day (Sat). I went to the interview in the afternoon and it was pretty laid back. The manager was really cool and nice. She asked me a few questions and discussed my availability and what shift I would work if hired. After that, she offered me the job and said that I would just need to do the drug test/background check.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer" "Describe a time when you had to multitask" " "What did you do at your previous job?" "Describe a time when you decided not to help a customer" "What would you do if the line was really long and a customer says that something is $2 off but needs verification?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vineland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Vineland, NJ).

Interview

Test and Interview in person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2014.

Interview

Pretty easy, just asked different questions about how I would help a person in a certain situation. The manager at the time was pretty easy going and would try to help you out.

Interview Questions

• If you saw a coworker in need of help but you were busy with a separate task what would you do.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process was not a long one. Having done very well on my skills test there was really not that much more information to give besides the usual scenario questions. For example, describe a scenario in which you feel that you went over and beyond what would be expected of you in that position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation phase. I did almost initiate one after finding out that the starting pay was only 8.00 per hour. However, I feel fortunate to have found a position with this company.