Walgreens

Getting the Interview

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – The interview process was not a long one. Having done very well on my skills test there was really not that much more information to give besides the usual scenario questions. For example, describe a scenario in which you feel that you went over and beyond what would be expected of you in that position.

Interview Question – There were really no surprises, only the basics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation phase. I did almost initiate one after finding out that the starting pay was only 8.00 per hour. However, I feel fortunate to have found a position with this company.

College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Interview Details – Completed application and testing process at home on computer, then was called into store to complete testing process there on the computer. Not difficult.

Interview Question – I didn't really have an interview, I was pretty much hired based upon past retail employment and testing scores.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that I could pretty much be guaranteed 30+ hours a week and now that has been cut down to 18 because retail is making the move to having no full-time non-management employees to cut costs.

Crestwood, Cook, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Interview Details – Online application. You must then finish remaining application in store on computer. Basic test of what would you do scenarios, cash handling questions, and availability. Once called back for an interview you have a sit down conversation with the store manager sharing experience and answering a few basic interview questions.

Interview Question – How would you handle an angry customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very flexible with hours. Let them know in advance if you are working elsewhere or going to school and they will most likely work around it.

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

Interview Details – First, I applied online, then I went inside the store to complete the second part of my assessment on the store's computer. The next morning, I called the store manager, and asked to check the status of my application. After reviewing my application, he called me for a interview the following Monday (it was a weekend). After the interview, I was asked to call back the next day to have my parents sign consent forms for me to work & took a drug test. Then I called the manager, and he told me to come in for a orientation.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a problem understanding someone, what did you do, and do you believe you were effective? (Communication)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't want to negotiate, I was very happy with my offer.

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Interview Details – Take test on line. Call you in for interview.

Interview Question – What made you want to go into retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non negotiable

Beauty Advisor Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – You have to take a simple test and then there is a short interview. After the interview you go take a drug test.

Negotiation Details – none

West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied July 9, received a call to set up an interview from store manager on August 29.
Went for interview September 3. Went very well we talked like old friends a lot about my previous job experience and how much I qualified for that position. He let me know he had one more interview following mines and he would call me if he was interested. He called me at 9 the next morning and asked me to come get the drug test form and I was hired pending background and drug results took the drug test September 5 he told me it takes 1-2 weeks. Hadn't heard from the manager so I decided to call on September 19 (2weeks&1day later) and he said my drug test came up diluted and I had never heard that before and he also said he never seen that before. He said he would give me a call back to let me know what can be done. He finally called me back October 4 and told me the system was frozen and it finally went thru. I told him I was already employed and I thanked him and he let me know if I need a job to call him and he apologized.

Really positive experience and nice guy.

Interview Question – What should I hire you over the next candidate?
What do you know about walgreens?
A Spanish speaker approaches you for help but you only speak English what do you do?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had not heard from him for 2+ weeks accepted another job offer with better pay.

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2011.

Interview Details – I completed the application online and then was asked to complete the computer portion in store. About a few days later, I was called in for an interview which lasted about 20 minutes. Afterwards, I was then offered a position. After that, I had to go for a drug test and about 2 days after I was called in to start work.

Interview Question – Don't really remember any questions; was your standard interview; why are you best for this position? tell me about a time when you had a great customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – na

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – The interview was very basic. I did not have a resume. I was in highschool. I applied online. Manager met me and asked me very basic questions. Described the job. Asked if I was available nights and weekends, which I was. If you aren't available nights, weekends, and some holidays then do not apply.

Interview Question – If I was available to work nights, weekends, and holidays. I hadn't yet considered this question since I was in highschool.   Answer Question

Beauty Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – The whole process didn't take but a couple of days after my application was completely in. I got called in for the interview and I could tell immediately that the manager was a cool person. This interview was different from most because it didn't contain those typical "what would you do" customer service questions. She was more interested in learning about who I am and what I like pertaining to beauty. The only specific questions she really asked was have I dealt intense situations on the job and an example on how i worked well in a group. But other than that it was more so a conversation and I think she liked my personality. I'd say the interview depends on the store manager and may not be the same.

Interview Question – I didn't have any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Beauty Advisor interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.