Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2015

1.9

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very easy process. Standard questions asked. Management was relaxed. Didn't have to dress professional for the interview. Business casual was ok. Answered questions about my hobbies and how I react in certain situations. Got the job on the spot. Took a tour of the store and signed for bg check and did drug test the same day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very smooth, simple questions of past experiences you've had that are similar to the job role and dealing with customer service. I went in the office with 2 managers, both asked me questions regarding past experiences. I answered and I got offered the position when they were done talking. After you are offered the position they'll move on and do a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths weaknesse?, name one time you went out of your way to help someone else? name a time when someone asked you to help while you were busy doing something yourself, what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boonton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Boonton, NJ).

Interview

My experience was kind of awkward they told me I got the job right after I signed up for the job an employee interviewed me had no idea what was going on because the manager and the second manager wasn't there and all they just asked me was where did I work and that was it and as soon as I was done with the interview I looked on the computer and I never even took the drug test and it said I passed.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Met with manager in charge of hiring on first meeting, he was able to decide then. Be sure you know exactly what store you are going to if you applied online and live somewhere with a Walgreen's on every corner, I was almost late because I went to the wrong store that was also on the road they told me to do to. Show up on time, dress nice, act interested. As long as you seem friendly and trustworthy, you won't have a hard time getting a cashier job if you already have the interview. If you are available to work a flexible schedule it will definitely help.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any cash handling experience?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The process was fair and quick. I first came in to do an assessment on a computer, then was followed up with an interview. However, they explicitly said during the interview that they are not hiring even though it was listed on their website. I was a bit confused and decided to not continue.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Quick. Very professional. Really nice co workers. Great environment to work just very little pay. I would've taken the job because of the friendly environment but a mom of two can't work for 7.75 and live without struggling a lot!!!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where someone had a hard time understanding you and what did you do to help the person understand   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Henderson, NV) in March 2015.

Interview

Made the job to be so good and acted like they really care about our well being and care about us as workers and its nothing what he said it was basically lied to me said its a great company to work for and so far I seen the completely opposite

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Bangor, ME) in March 2015.

Interview

Asks great questions like where do you want to be in 5 years, 10 years, 15 years, 20 years. Great dialogue and Q&A session through the entire interview. Was called in for 1 phone interview and 1 face interview. Then I was hired, and that was a great feeling because I really wanted this job to provide for my family

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join Walgreens?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to come in the next week. When I arrived it was a bit awkward, but I did a test onone of their computers which had things like how to count change back etc. Then when that was done had the interview with the manager in the office.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work at Walgreens and if I had been in a situation that I had caused and had to fix myself. Another one was how did you deal with someone else's mistakes on the job. There were six questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

we went into a room in the back that was messy and he asked me 6 questions. only took about 15 min he was funny and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you had to show costumer service or help someone who was struggling.   Answer Question