Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

1.9

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

I got an interview thanks to an employee referral, so my experience my be different compared to others who regularly apply. Not to many interview questions were asked I just took a required skills test. As long as you pass the skills and drug test you're in.

Interview Questions
  • The skills test asked scenario and common sense questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

I took a computerized skills and personality test, then interviewed with the store manager, who had a list of five standard questions. He asked me each of these questions, then rated my answers from 1-5. The whole process took about 90 minutes. I received an offer that day, then had to find a clinic to go for a pre-employment drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

The computer part was lengthy but there was really no deep interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

All new hires get interviewed by the assistant store manager who will be their immediate supervisor. Most questions begin with tell me about a time....or give an example... And the questions will relate to customer service, ethics, difficult situation...what did you do to resolve it

Interview Questions
    • If you never had a job be prepared to answer based on school or social group   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenwood, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood, SC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

It's was fairly easy.

Interview Questions
    • How did you act in a situation? Did it affect you? How did it affect the other person? And what was the outcome   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online and got a call the next day to come in for the assessment test which was just on the computer. Told I would be called the next week and never was.

Interview Questions
    • They were just situational questions and money questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Came to an employment fair and spoke with an HR rep about the different positions that I would qualify for but it turned out that they were really only seeking cashier positions which was not what I wanted but I proceeded with the interview anyway.

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2014.

Online questionnaire and skills review and an in store assessment. Over all a very nice, calm environment but the hiring process seems a bit scattered unless YOU take the initiative and call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

You apply online through Walgreens website. There are a few multiple choice questions to fill out as well as a basic math test. If you pass you will be notified and then the local stores will be sent your application. If they like it they will call you in for an interview. You are asked basic questions about what you want out of your job and what was the most difficult things about previous jobs. Then you will take another math test. If they approve all of that, they will have you submit to a drug/background check and if you pass you will be offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time when you were in a difficult situation and had to use communication to get out of it.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, Walgreens hires at minimum wage and you earn raises based on how long you work there.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2011.

There is an online application, then you come into the location to finish the location and have an interview after that. The thing is I only completed the online part, and still got a call to come in for an interview and the secondary application felt more like procedure, but the manager already knew who she wanted to hire.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!