Walgreens Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.2

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was called in on a weekday. The entire interview was short and pleasant. The pharmacy manager asked me a few questions about my future plans and whether I had any prior experience in retail. He also briefly went over my skills test and told me my general results.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online then was called in for an interview within 3 days. The interview consisted of a couple generic corporate questions somewhat similar to what you did online. The job description was laid out and the difficulty of the job was stressed as with all other retail (non-hospital) jobs.Questions were asked regarding education, training, certification, and licensing.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when a customer didn't understand you and what you did to fix the situation.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you DIDN'T participate as a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mount Prospect, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Mount Prospect, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

There were a few questions asked about my work history, times when problems came up and how I dealt with them, as well as a battery of technical questions regarding reading sig codes, drugs and their uses.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness? How would you improve your performance if you found you were not meeting your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Tempe, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the store manager on a Friday and set up a Monday morning appointment for the interview. We sat down in the employee break room and I was asked a few job related questions. After that, I was offered the job, asked what my availability is, and handed the paperwork for drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience typing prescriptions and are you familiar with sig codes?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Quincy, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Very Nice, 2 hours. The manager was very pleasant and seemed to put everything right out there. It was an amazing and very honest interview... which is refreshing. No lies. NO BS> Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. If Leslie wants to interview you... go for it.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to teach another employee a difficult task?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

basic interview on customer service, sat one on one with the store manager, asked me about past experience, I used to work in a restaurant so wasn't hard. Explained I was good a multi tasking, pretty much answer the questions with answers that involve tasks in the actual job and its fine

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating starting pay 10.25

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Basic interview with 2 members of management in a office. Both individuals asking questions, and checking you out. 1 of the mgrs was more serious than the other, but overall , average typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with a fast paced environment, give an example? Explain a situation where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Open, and welcoming at first, but after a 1 1/2 years, mgmt reneged on the initial promise

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process was very informal and relaxed, I was only asked a few questions and then asked to fill out some paperwork and told I had the job. It was actually very easy.

Negotiation

The position here in AZ starts at around $9.00, then when you get your training license you get raised to $10.00, then when you get your actual CPhT license you get raised to $12.00. From there you earn your yearly raises or you can train and test for a senior tech which raise you up to $14.00.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions

• All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online. Got a call in two days, and was able to come in that next day for an interview. I went in an did an assessment that basically talked about what you would do in certain situations and for us pharmacy techs, it asked us some questions as to how many drops we would give so-so person and which medicine would expire the latest, etc. I was then just asked basic questions you would be asked during any interview (availability, when could you be hired on, etc.) They also ask you about different scenarios and to relate them to your prior work/school experience. He said that since I am certified, I will get an extra $1 an hour and that being certified does help out in the long run. I was told that I would find out later that day whether or not I got the job. Overall, the interview rook an hour.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were most helpful in a prior job experience and how did you know it was helpful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation