Walgreens

Average Difficulty
25 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

East Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2012.

Interview Details – Just regular drug test, background and people skills questions. They spent more time telling me about the company and how they we should treat customers than anything else. Process was really quick and not lengthy.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all, what they offered is what you got.

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – applied online, did skills test in-store, one on one interview, drug test, and background check, job offer your dealing with money and meds so it was pretty much as expected

Interview Question – the basic whats your best and worst asset never very good at that question   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation have base starting pay and pay caps for each position

Grayling, MI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online in april 2014. Got a call to come in for the in store test a month later. Drove 30 miles to take the test. Computer froze and i was asked to come back. I asked if i could go to my local Walgreens to finish the test and they didn't think so. I drove back up there 1 week later, signed on the computer and I had finished the test before it froze so there was no need to come back. The manager interviewed me then and there and I was offered 9.50 an hour 2 days a week in pharmacy and 8.00 an hour to be a cashier 2 days a week. I have 20+ years experience and could tell he was not comfortable offering me that low wage. I told him how far i had to drive and he said he couldn't do any better than that. I had to decline, i think he knew that was coming. I really would have liked to work for Walgreens but i just can't for that money.

Reason for Declining – Wage offered did not meet my level of experience, i would have been working solely for gas money. Was very disappointed. I really wanted to work for them.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Pharmacy manager interviews took 4 days and got a response. Its really about timing if a position just opened up or not. If you get the position you'll drug testing and its off site of course and then you go in for training.

Interview Question – Pretty down to earth questions just know what you want out of the position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations just entry start.

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – First, you have to do an assessment test after you pass the test then you get the interview.

Interview Question – Mostly you are asked about scenarios, just be specific as possible and you will have no problem   Answer Question

Newark, DE

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2011.

Interview Details – My hiring process was amazing---my hiring manager asked questions that pertained to me as a worker and my work experience, and didn't ask BS or tricky questions, which was refreshing to encounter.

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I filled an application on line then went in to the store to do the assessment part of the interview online and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview was very comfortable and basic questions.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. All techs start out the same rate. I think it's 10.00 an hour now and if already certified and extra 1.00

Waukegan, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Hiring process was fairly straight forward. Walked in a local store and applied at the computer in the office. There was an easy skills test and a semi-lengthy personality test. Applied for three locations and received a call about a week later asking for me to come in for an interview. Interview was short and sweet, and I was officially hired about a week later after passing a drug test. Manager seemed more interested in hiring someone with experience than anything else, but I also got the feeling that they look for personable people, customer service being their main priority. Luckily I had/have both.

Interview Question – Questions weren't anything unexpected or difficult. Describing a situation where you made a mistake can be a little tricky to word properly.   View Answer

Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – All hiring is completed at the store level. You apply online and the management will contact the applicant.

Interview Question – Not really concerned because they will take anymore who matches the needs of the position.   Answer Question

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Interview Details – We never had an interview, because during my time as an extern the budget didn't allow me to be hired.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because, I went to school to be a pharmacy technician not an cashier making minimum wage.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!