Walgreens

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.3

30 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Basic interview with 2 members of management in a office. Both individuals asking questions, and checking you out. 1 of the mgrs was more serious than the other, but overall , average typical interview.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with a fast paced environment, give an example?
    Explain a situation where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?

Answer Question
Open, and welcoming at first, but after a 1 1/2 years, mgmt reneged on the initial promise

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process was very informal and relaxed, I was only asked a few questions and then asked to fill out some paperwork and told I had the job. It was actually very easy.

The position here in AZ starts at around $9.00, then when you get your training license you get raised to $10.00, then when you get your actual CPhT license you get raised to $12.00. From there you earn your yearly raises or you can train and test for a senior tech which raise you up to $14.00.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walgreens.

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question
    None

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online. Got a call in two days, and was able to come in that next day for an interview. I went in an did an assessment that basically talked about what you would do in certain situations and for us pharmacy techs, it asked us some questions as to how many drops we would give so-so person and which medicine would expire the latest, etc. I was then just asked basic questions you would be asked during any interview (availability, when could you be hired on, etc.) They also ask you about different scenarios and to relate them to your prior work/school experience. He said that since I am certified, I will get an extra $1 an hour and that being certified does help out in the long run. I was told that I would find out later that day whether or not I got the job. Overall, the interview rook an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were most helpful in a prior job experience and how did you know it was helpful?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

applied online, did skills test in-store, one on one interview, drug test, and background check, job offer your dealing with money and meds so it was pretty much as expected

Interview Questions
    • the basic whats your best and worst asset never very good at that question   Answer Question
    No negotiation have base starting pay and pay caps for each position

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Pharmacy manager interviews took 4 days and got a response. Its really about timing if a position just opened up or not. If you get the position you'll drug testing and its off site of course and then you go in for training.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty down to earth questions just know what you want out of the position.   View Answer
    no negotiations just entry start.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grayling, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Applied online in april 2014. Got a call to come in for the in store test a month later. Drove 30 miles to take the test. Computer froze and i was asked to come back. I asked if i could go to my local Walgreens to finish the test and they didn't think so. I drove back up there 1 week later, signed on the computer and I had finished the test before it froze so there was no need to come back. The manager interviewed me then and there and I was offered 9.50 an hour 2 days a week in pharmacy and 8.00 an hour to be a cashier 2 days a week. I have 20+ years experience and could tell he was not comfortable offering me that low wage. I told him how far i had to drive and he said he couldn't do any better than that. I had to decline, i think he knew that was coming. I really would have liked to work for Walgreens but i just can't for that money.

Wage offered did not meet my level of experience, i would have been working solely for gas money. Was very disappointed. I really wanted to work for them.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

First, you have to do an assessment test after you pass the test then you get the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly you are asked about scenarios, just be specific as possible and you will have no problem   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I filled an application on line then went in to the store to do the assessment part of the interview online and was called a few days later for an interview. The interview was very comfortable and basic questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. All techs start out the same rate. I think it's 10.00 an hour now and if already certified and extra 1.00

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Hiring process was fairly straight forward. Walked in a local store and applied at the computer in the office. There was an easy skills test and a semi-lengthy personality test. Applied for three locations and received a call about a week later asking for me to come in for an interview. Interview was short and sweet, and I was officially hired about a week later after passing a drug test. Manager seemed more interested in hiring someone with experience than anything else, but I also got the feeling that they look for personable people, customer service being their main priority. Luckily I had/have both.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't anything unexpected or difficult. Describing a situation where you made a mistake can be a little tricky to word properly.   View Answer