Walgreens

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fountain Hills, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Interview Details – Apply on line, I found going into the store to introduce myself to management sped up the process. Personally I did very well on the online survey portion so they sent me right to the interview, but usually I believe you take a skills assessment first. You sit with whomever is in charge of hiring for the interview and have a chat with all your basic questions, can take awhile if the store is busy. They told me I would likely be hired after the interview, but expect a call back soon regardless.

Interview Question – You have to be able to give examples of how you have handled different situations in the workplace in the past.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They really just tell you your starting salary.

Certified Photo Specialist

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Basic hiring questions. They only hire when someone has been fired or quit. No seasonal emplyment.

Interview Question – Only expected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took what I can get...minimum wage.

Corpus Christi, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2012.

Interview Details – I sent in a application online and then went in-store to check on the progress. That's a very important detail, go instore and talk to a manager on duty. during the day is usually when the Store-manager is in. They will then have you sit in the store and take an online test filled with basic information, "what do you do if you see that your coworker has taken a company pen with no intent on returning it?"

Common sense stuff. after you take the test, they can see the results immediately. It tells them whether or not it is recommended to hire you. They will probably tell you they will call you unless they actually do need another employee. I was just interviewed on the spot and it was basic information again. after the interview, i was sent for a drug test and then was working next monday.

Interview Question – What was a moment in life where you had to inspire or help others.   Answer Question

Jennings, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2009.

Interview Details – One interview that lasted about 25 minutes. Was not interviewed by the store manger but by one of the many assistant mangers in the store. This was not the manger that would later train me when I was hired. Different manager all together and did not know who was the store manager until after I had been there for 30 days.

Interview Question – Do you like to smile a lot or do you tae your work seriously?   Answer Question

Certified Photo Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very customer service oriented and profit increase focus. Not focused on really anything else like job skills or past retail experience. Was never given a straight answer of being hired through the whole process until they said "You are scheduled for your first shift on..."

Interview Question – How will you increase our profit margin?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but found out later that I was not initially going to get offered the job and that one person had to beg another to hire me.

Aurora, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview, showed up to complete a 30 minute assessment on a sales floor computer. In my time with the company though I've seen this process take 30 minutes to 2 hours. Showed up wearing a suit, which the manager said they appreciated given that most people came in wearing jeans and a t-shirt. Once finished with the assessment the management staff likes to make people wait, regardless of not being busy. Be prepared to stand at the computer where you filled out your assessment for another 15-30 minutes, depending on the initial impression of you when you came in.

Interview Question – The interview questions were extremely basic and frankly anyone with a heart beat should be able to get a job. Most people called for interviews either never call back, or accept a job only to turn it down when they find out the pay. If you really need a job just be polite, speak well, and dress properly for an interview.   Answer Question

Winston-Salem, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was painless. It took all of 30 minutes and I knew I has the job before I walked out of the building. The store manager was a very pleasant lady.

Interview Question – Have you worked in a photo lab before   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2011.

Interview Details – There were 2 in person interviews. One was just a conversation about myself, what I knew about Walgreens, the kind of work that would be done, etc. Basic stuff. I submitted an application online and went into the store to make sure they got my application and to see if they are actually hiring. Side note: Alot of places will say they are "always accepting applications," that does not mean they are always hiring. After the first interview, I was asked to come back for a second. This time the Store Mnager went into more detail about the job and the drug test and background check required. The drug test was done off-site at a clinic only about 5 mins away, I took the paperwork back and in a few days I got the call I was hired.
My main advice is, seem interested. Whether you are or not, whether you like the job or not, no matter what, make it at least seem like you care about your job and always be willing to learn.

Interview Question – What would you do if 2 employees continually socialize during work?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Certified Photo Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Asked about relevant work experience. Why I chose walgreens. How Long I plan to employed there.

Interview Question – (Probably had a harder question that was asked, but this is all that came to mind) Customer came in with a CD to use at the kiosk to print photos. During the process of using the kiosk to view photos intended to print, the kiosk did not recognize any files on the CD.

Customer: I had them burned to the CD, I know I did...
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy, No negotiation at the time....at least for me.

Certified Photo Specialist

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2010.

Interview Details – Promptly contacted after applied and had the interview. Questions consisted of customer service tactics and if you were to rate how bad you wanted the job in a 1-10 scale.

Interview Question – Scale of 1-10 how bad do you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very fast

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Certified Photo Specialist interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.