Walgreens

2.8

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

First you apply online and take a long assessment test. Then you go to a store and take another one. Then if they like how you do a Walgreens will call you.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

They ask fairly standard interview questions but are required to ask candidates the same questions in order to be fair. I liked that the questions were standard so that you could prepare for them and it also gave you the opportunity to explain what skills you offer as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when a colleague asked for your help and you did not help them?" This question was difficult because the intent of the question was not clear. I was not sure if it meant, "Explain a time when you were not a helpful employee" or "Explain a time when you had to prioritize your tasks before helping another employee who should already know how to do his tasks." I asked for clarification and my interviewer also was unsure.   Answer Question
    They forgot to tell me what my pay rate was. I didn't get a chance to get a hold of them until the day I was being entered into the system and I asked them my pay rate. I was intending on negotiating a bit more than 10.25$ an hour but I figured I'd wait sometime to prove myself and ask for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

First I applied online and completed a skills assessment test. That same day a manager called to set up an interview but informed me I had to go to a local Walgreens and take a second skills assessment test before he could interview me. So I went to the store an hour before my interview and took the test. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the store manager. We did a behaviorial interview. It was only 3 questions in which he described a certain situation and I had to tell him how.I would handle it. Pretty simple. He offered me the job, I accepted. Next step is going to a facility to take a drug test after that the background check and you're good to go !

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. He explained how they was looking for an open amd flexible person as far as scheduling and what the postion consisted of. I liked what was heard so I accepted the job.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I was called within 24 hours of filling out my online application. Because the manager was short handed we had the initial interview on the floor. The executive assistant manager (hiring manager) reviewed my scores and my profile and we did the one on one at the Photo Department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about photography and developing digital photo?   View Answer
    There was not any negotiating. the position was an entry level position with out any verifiable experience.

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I scored high on the assessment tests which were math tests. I was called by three different stores, chose one, had a quick interview, was offered the job and sent to do my drug test. I did my drug on a Monday and was hired that Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    No negotiation said the starting pay was 8.25 but the following year there would be a Shift Lead position opening.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia Fields, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

I applied online for the Cosmetics department (so I'm assuming that would be a Beauty Advisor) and about 3 days later I went in to take the skills assessment test. The next morning I got a call from the store manager to set up an interview for the following day (Sat). I went to the interview in the afternoon and it was pretty laid back. The manager was really cool and nice. She asked me a few questions and discussed my availability and what shift I would work if hired. After that, she offered me the job and said that I would just need to do the drug test/background check.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time where you dealt with a difficult customer" "Describe a time when you had to multitask" " "What did you do at your previous job?" "Describe a time when you decided not to help a customer" "What would you do if the line was really long and a customer says that something is $2 off but needs verification?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

The first interview is over the phone with a recruiter. Here they ask you questions about you and your resume. They also ask you one or two behavioral questions. If you qualify for their position they will send you to the next round of interviews. Here you will meet with a higher up employee that will ask you several behavioral questions and will open the floor for you to ask questions as well. This interview is in person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are your basic behavioral questions.. You can google questions like that online. There was nothing really out of the ordinary or unexpected. They really want you to answer using your personal examples and skills/traits that you possess and implemented to complete a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

The hiring process is a multi-step process. First you must do the online application. Then you must go into a store an do a skills analysis. The online application and skills analysis is then graded and your application comes attached with how recommended you are for the position, varying from not recommended to highly recommended. You of course don't know how you did but when you application is put into the system they see your grade. You are then called into a store seeking to hire someone and do an interview. After you interview you have to take a drug test and finally go back in for stage 3 of the interview process. I am curently taking stage 3 today so I can upday when I am finished.

Interview Questions
    • They were not difficult I think the hardest thing about the interview is that they want experiences to back your answer. So every question should have some real life application that you have done.   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

I became aware of the position through my university and I applied online. I then received a phone interview with a recruiter who was warm and friendly. A few weeks later I got scheduled for an in person interview in Deerfield. I had to take an Excel test at one building, then drive to a different building and interview with managers in the merchandising department. The interview was very robotic and the managers did not try to sell Walgreens as a company to me. It was a bad culture fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • The analytics test was fine, but you can take the outcome in so many different directions it is difficult to be right.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

I applied online, filled out my personal information, filled out a survey on situations, that may occur as a customer service associate, over this part was very easy. When you submit all of that, it lets you know that you have to take an I store assessment test. I went dressed in khakis and a button up shirt, nothing to formal and was sent over to the photo department and took a test. This test also included scenarios and it has added register/transactions/money handling situations. This was also very easy. Got a call back from the store manager about a week later asking if I could come in for an interview. We scheduled a time to come in and he asked a couple of questions, then read off some questions from a packet, told me where I could go and take my drug test and also asked if he could run a background check. I went to the clinic to take a urine sample for my drug test. About a week later the store manager called again letting me know that the position was available for me and asked if I still wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • If you are having a bad day, how would that affect your work ethic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose Walgreens and not CVS?   View Answer
    • If you have a customer who is very difficult to handle, what would you do?   Answer Question

I learned that I could make a more money as a pharmacist technician and decided to go for that position instead.