Walgreens Customer Service Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

19 interviews

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

I applied for this position on a whim, not knowing for sure whether they were hiring or not. The very next morning I got a call from the manager inviting me to come by the store to complete an assessment on their computer. Half of the assessment were multiple choice behavior-related questions (along the lines of "what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?", etc.) The other half consisted of math questions, some of which were exteremely basic, but the others- not so much. I was lucky I have brought a calculator with me, because it really came in handy for the " make change with the least number of bills/coins possible". The numbers in those questions were completely random, like $63.07 and $34.92, and I haven't had to practice mental math like that since my elementary school years.
The manager checked my assessment score right away, told me I did excellent, and scheduled me for an interview at a later date. However, I was already getting strong vibes that I would be hired, because she already started discussing with me specificaly what days and hoe many hours I'd be able to work, and seemed very excited that I was interested in the job.
The interview was very casual. The manager mostly just asked me to elaborate on some things I have mentioned on my application, and asked about my availability. She then said she was ready to hire me, and got me to electronically sign some more documents on the store computer, basically confirming that I accepted the job offer. The last step was just doing the drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work here?/ The math questions (BRING A CALCULATOR!)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2011.

Applied online and then went to the store to take the skills assessment. Got a call for an interview with the hiring manager for the store. The interview took about a half hour and I got a call a few days later about a drug test. A few days after the drug test I started work.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when working with a group did not have a positive outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Port St Lucie, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port St Lucie, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Very nerve racking at first, since it was my first interview. HOwever, everybody I met and talked to was extremely nice and proactive. Interview was great but I was extremely shaky.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Champaign, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

I had a friend who worked at the Walgreens on campus. She told me to apply online and the following day I went into the store to take the skills assessment test. Walgreens called me about 2-3 days later scheduling to interview me. I was hired the next day.

Anonymous Employee  in  Decatur, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Decatur, IL

I applied online and received an email stating that I had to come to a local store to complete an assessment. The assessment was fairly easy and took abut 20-30 minutes. It asked multiple questions about customer service. It also asked you how to make the correct change and also had you view coupons and stores codes. After the assessment the manager told me they weren't hiring, but my application will sent to all of the Walgreens in my area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

The hiring process is a multi-step process. First you must do the online application. Then you must go into a store an do a skills analysis. The online application and skills analysis is then graded and your application comes attached with how recommended you are for the position, varying from not recommended to highly recommended. You of course don't know how you did but when you application is put into the system they see your grade. You are then called into a store seeking to hire someone and do an interview. After you interview you have to take a drug test and finally go back in for stage 3 of the interview process. I am curently taking stage 3 today so I can upday when I am finished.

Interview Questions
    • They were not difficult I think the hardest thing about the interview is that they want experiences to back your answer. So every question should have some real life application that you have done.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online, answered a personality test. Got a call 2 weeks later, the assistant store manager told me if I could finish the 2nd step of the application, a skills test, in-store. The next day she told me to come in the same day to take a drug test and authorize a background check. They called me a week later and asked if I could start right away, which I did.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my previous experience, why I wanted to work there, and how long I planned to stay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Snellville, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snellville, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2012.

Hiring process starts online and if you do well, you will receive a chance to go in store and complete an in store assessment. If completed with high scores, a manager will be called so that you can schedule an interview. You will be asked questions on whether you can sell things or not. You will also be asked how well you will be with cleaning up things such as regurgitation, and feces. You will also be asked why you would want to work for the company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question will be selling an item of their choice if you aren't good at a selling point.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation. I was assigned 7.50 as my hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Dorado, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Dorado, AR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Everyone was so nice at first. My employer had initially planned to hire me as a pharmacy tech. I was also supposed to be trained in photo. Neither of those were done. I got in trouble for things I didn't know about because I was not properly trained. They just put me on the register and expected me to know what I was doing. They knew I had no experience in that area.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "when are you available?"   View Answer

Customer Service Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

The store manager interviewed me one on one while one of the assistant managers watched the process. She asked me a couple questions like why I want to work for them, my availability, expected salary, what I would like to gain while working at Walgreens etc.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you tried to help someone but failed and how did that experience help or hurt you and the other person.   View Answer
    Very short and fast they basically agreed to everything I asked of them lol.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!