Walgreens

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Port St Lucie, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very nerve racking at first, since it was my first interview. HOwever, everybody I met and talked to was extremely nice and proactive. Interview was great but I was extremely shaky.

Interview Question – What has Walgreens taught you?   Answer Question

Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked at the Walgreens on campus. She told me to apply online and the following day I went into the store to take the skills assessment test. Walgreens called me about 2-3 days later scheduling to interview me. I was hired the next day.

Interview Question – They told me to try to upsell candy to them.   Answer Question

Decatur, IL

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email stating that I had to come to a local store to complete an assessment. The assessment was fairly easy and took abut 20-30 minutes. It asked multiple questions about customer service. It also asked you how to make the correct change and also had you view coupons and stores codes. After the assessment the manager told me they weren't hiring, but my application will sent to all of the Walgreens in my area.

Interview Question – Didn't get a one on one interview yet.   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process is a multi-step process. First you must do the online application. Then you must go into a store an do a skills analysis. The online application and skills analysis is then graded and your application comes attached with how recommended you are for the position, varying from not recommended to highly recommended. You of course don't know how you did but when you application is put into the system they see your grade. You are then called into a store seeking to hire someone and do an interview. After you interview you have to take a drug test and finally go back in for stage 3 of the interview process. I am curently taking stage 3 today so I can upday when I am finished.

Interview Question – They were not difficult I think the hardest thing about the interview is that they want experiences to back your answer. So every question should have some real life application that you have done.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online, answered a personality test. Got a call 2 weeks later, the assistant store manager told me if I could finish the 2nd step of the application, a skills test, in-store. The next day she told me to come in the same day to take a drug test and authorize a background check. They called me a week later and asked if I could start right away, which I did.

Interview Question – They asked about my previous experience, why I wanted to work there, and how long I planned to stay.   Answer Question

Snellville, GA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process starts online and if you do well, you will receive a chance to go in store and complete an in store assessment. If completed with high scores, a manager will be called so that you can schedule an interview. You will be asked questions on whether you can sell things or not. You will also be asked how well you will be with cleaning up things such as regurgitation, and feces. You will also be asked why you would want to work for the company.

Interview Question – The most difficult question will be selling an item of their choice if you aren't good at a selling point.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation. I was assigned 7.50 as my hourly rate.

El Dorado, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone was so nice at first. My employer had initially planned to hire me as a pharmacy tech. I was also supposed to be trained in photo. Neither of those were done. I got in trouble for things I didn't know about because I was not properly trained. They just put me on the register and expected me to know what I was doing. They knew I had no experience in that area.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "when are you available?"   View Answer

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Interview Details – The store manager interviewed me one on one while one of the assistant managers watched the process. She asked me a couple questions like why I want to work for them, my availability, expected salary, what I would like to gain while working at Walgreens etc.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you tried to help someone but failed and how did that experience help or hurt you and the other person.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very short and fast they basically agreed to everything I asked of them lol.

Customer Service Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I walked in with my CV and previously applied. In the shop I had to fill out another questionaire. Called me for an interview the next day. It was pleasent, long talk, very professional. They promised me to call again for a next interview but instead of this I could start. But it was a too complicated process for a minimal wage job.

Interview Question – To tell a situation in my life when a customer was unhappy with me, and what did I do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing. I am very bad in negotiation.

Plymouth, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview Details – Only apply on-line, don't ask for a job application in store
You'll hear back after a couple weeks
Interview was tough with unusual questions
Computer program's were down when I was applying and I waited a month

Interview Question – A series of questions about what you would do in certain situations and examples that have occurred   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!