Walgreens

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.4

28 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Associate Interview

Applied online and manager called over 2 months later. The manager seemed ignorant and narrow minded. He kept asking the same questions and lied. Never heard from him again; thanks for the favor.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

The hiring manager was a really friendly, down to Earth guy. Asked basic questions about myself then he had a clipboard of Walgreens mandatory questions. A lot of questions like "tell me about a time you....." (referring to previous work experience). They recommend you go in and take a personality/skills test immediately after you apply, make sure you do it before your interview!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to train someone who wasn't grasping the concepts.   Answer Question

I had already accepted another job offer by time he called me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

First I applied online and completed a skills assessment test. That same day a manager called to set up an interview but informed me I had to go to a local Walgreens and take a second skills assessment test before he could interview me. So I went to the store an hour before my interview and took the test. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the store manager. We did a behaviorial interview. It was only 3 questions in which he described a certain situation and I had to tell him how.I would handle it. Pretty simple. He offered me the job, I accepted. Next step is going to a facility to take a drug test after that the background check and you're good to go !

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. He explained how they was looking for an open amd flexible person as far as scheduling and what the postion consisted of. I liked what was heard so I accepted the job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

workplace was professional and respectful towards customers due the different backgrounds of employees there. everyone does their best to help the customers with limited time while trying to finish daily work list.

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate due to having enough employers and gave flexible hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

Filled out the application online then went to the Walgreens store to complete the 2nd part of the application, a few days later I get a call asking for a interview. The interview was pretty laid back and me and the interviewer started talking about stories that happened in certain places. He asked me about my availability and then we were done. Afterwards I had to get a drug test and they did a background check on me which took about a week, then I got the job!

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied for this position on a whim, not knowing for sure whether they were hiring or not. The very next morning I got a call from the manager inviting me to come by the store to complete an assessment on their computer. Half of the assessment were multiple choice behavior-related questions (along the lines of "what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?", etc.) The other half consisted of math questions, some of which were exteremely basic, but the others- not so much. I was lucky I have brought a calculator with me, because it really came in handy for the " make change with the least number of bills/coins possible". The numbers in those questions were completely random, like $63.07 and $34.92, and I haven't had to practice mental math like that since my elementary school years.
    The manager checked my assessment score right away, told me I did excellent, and scheduled me for an interview at a later date. However, I was already getting strong vibes that I would be hired, because she already started discussing with me specificaly what days and hoe many hours I'd be able to work, and seemed very excited that I was interested in the job.
    The interview was very casual. The manager mostly just asked me to elaborate on some things I have mentioned on my application, and asked about my availability. She then said she was ready to hire me, and got me to electronically sign some more documents on the store computer, basically confirming that I accepted the job offer. The last step was just doing the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?/ The math questions (BRING A CALCULATOR!)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, IL

I applied online and received an email stating that I had to come to a local store to complete an assessment. The assessment was fairly easy and took abut 20-30 minutes. It asked multiple questions about customer service. It also asked you how to make the correct change and also had you view coupons and stores codes. After the assessment the manager told me they weren't hiring, but my application will sent to all of the Walgreens in my area.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online, answered a personality test. Got a call 2 weeks later, the assistant store manager told me if I could finish the 2nd step of the application, a skills test, in-store. The next day she told me to come in the same day to take a drug test and authorize a background check. They called me a week later and asked if I could start right away, which I did.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about my previous experience, why I wanted to work there, and how long I planned to stay.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

The hiring process is a multi-step process. First you must do the online application. Then you must go into a store an do a skills analysis. The online application and skills analysis is then graded and your application comes attached with how recommended you are for the position, varying from not recommended to highly recommended. You of course don't know how you did but when you application is put into the system they see your grade. You are then called into a store seeking to hire someone and do an interview. After you interview you have to take a drug test and finally go back in for stage 3 of the interview process. I am curently taking stage 3 today so I can upday when I am finished.

Interview Questions
    • They were not difficult I think the hardest thing about the interview is that they want experiences to back your answer. So every question should have some real life application that you have done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

I applied online, filled out my personal information, filled out a survey on situations, that may occur as a customer service associate, over this part was very easy. When you submit all of that, it lets you know that you have to take an I store assessment test. I went dressed in khakis and a button up shirt, nothing to formal and was sent over to the photo department and took a test. This test also included scenarios and it has added register/transactions/money handling situations. This was also very easy. Got a call back from the store manager about a week later asking if I could come in for an interview. We scheduled a time to come in and he asked a couple of questions, then read off some questions from a packet, told me where I could go and take my drug test and also asked if he could run a background check. I went to the clinic to take a urine sample for my drug test. About a week later the store manager called again letting me know that the position was available for me and asked if I still wanted it.

Interview Questions
    • If you are having a bad day, how would that affect your work ethic?   Answer Question
    • Why would you choose Walgreens and not CVS?   View Answer
    • If you have a customer who is very difficult to handle, what would you do?   Answer Question

I learned that I could make a more money as a pharmacist technician and decided to go for that position instead.