Walgreens Interview Questions & Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesquite, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online, my teacher called and gave me a reference, I went up there that same day after school and talked to the store manager. He was nice and he seemed to come off as not much of a people person. There was actually no real interview, he just told me to go to care now and get a drug test. Next thing I know I was working there.

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

1:1 Interview with Store Manager
    Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
    They do most of the talking :)
    Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   View Answer
    none

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Phone interview asking behavioral interview questions. Many were situational based and outlook on the future of pharmacy. Also assessed whether you knew the workflow of the pharmacy. Gave a situation of an understaffed and busy pharmacy.. asked what actions we would take and in what order. STAR format questions. Name a situation where I had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where I showed outstanding leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waxahachie, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2011.

None that i could remember really. It was so long ago. I do remember that they where fairly easy. If there where any technical question they where things like what is post? Just very basic IT questions. I was always told they only have few set questions that HR will let them ask.

Interview Questions
    • None i hit them all out of the park. Well i guess them asking me why i wanted to work at walgreens was somewhat difficult, But I gave some reason and I was able to sell it   Answer Question
    None they told me what they pad and it was done.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

The hiring process has completely changed over the last 10 years. The interview process now is behavioral with the district manager and the market talent director. Lots of preparation is needed because i have heard questions are difficult. Opportunities for advancement are now limited because the company downsized positions and removed lower level assistant positions.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer when the store manager was not around   Answer Question
    no negotiations....position used to start with $55,000 yr but was reduced to $50,000 yr

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

They are not very clear on what they want.

Interview Questions
    • waiting for the selection from within the company   View Answer

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

I completed my application online and then I went in to take the skill assessment in the store. After I was done I left my name and number with one of the managers. He told me to call and speak with ---- who was in charge of hiring the next day. I called and he said that he will look over my application and give me a call back in two hours and if he didn't he said to just call him. I had to call him and he told me to come in that afternoon. The employees were friendly an helpful but they were busy and the interview was short and to the point. There were six behavioral questions. I can't quite remember them all. He said he will give me a call back because there were several other interviews and so I waited and he called back two hours later and told me to do a drug test and we went over my availability.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had to tell a team member no. Why did you and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I had no experience but I was offered more than what Target offered me. No negotiating was done.

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Irving, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I was trying to find a replacement job, because currently I am working in food, so I applied at walgreens. They called two days later to set up an interview, and the next day I went in. First I had to do the skills test thing, which to me seemed easy, it just took a really long time. Then I walked around the store for a bit because the manager I guess was busy, I had to wait a while which was a little annoying. Finally interviewed, and the manager was friendly, but I didnt like how she conducted the interview. She kept asking the same questions twice on accident and it was kinda weird. . Then toward the end she realized I was 17 and not 18, even tho I could see clearly on the page it had that I was a minor on it, and she just had realized this :/. So she was concernced I wouldnt be able to work past 12. Then finally, she said the pay would be $7.75.....which I didnt expect to be so low. I make 8 bucks an hour at a fast food business right now. So right then I decided I didnt want the job in my head. She called almost a complete week later and told me they went with someone else because they did better on the computer test (which kinda sucked because those things seems easy to me) but Im actually glad because if i got the job and accepted.....I'd work long hours, only night shifts, lower pay, and would be working with a scattered manager. No thanks

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a conflict you had with a coworker and/or customer in the past, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Garland, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Garland, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2011.

1 on 1 interview, Background check, Drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I be chosen for the position.   View Answer
    • Can I multi task effectively supervising more than one department w/ minimum of 2-15 employees   View Answer

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2010.

The 1 on 1 interview with the general recruiter went well. He asked several scenario based questions and offered feedback after each response. However the phone interview with the district manager was the total opposite. She seemed uninterested as if she was just reading questions off of a sheet to get the interview over with.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time where you took charge of a situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time when you had to work with others and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!