Walgreens

Updated Nov 23, 2014

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

The first interview is over the phone with a recruiter. Here they ask you questions about you and your resume. They also ask you one or two behavioral questions. If you qualify for their position they will send you to the next round of interviews. Here you will meet with a higher up employee that will ask you several behavioral questions and will open the floor for you to ask questions as well. This interview is in person.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are your basic behavioral questions.. You can google questions like that online. There was nothing really out of the ordinary or unexpected. They really want you to answer using your personal examples and skills/traits that you possess and implemented to complete a task.   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

I became aware of the position through my university and I applied online. I then received a phone interview with a recruiter who was warm and friendly. A few weeks later I got scheduled for an in person interview in Deerfield. I had to take an Excel test at one building, then drive to a different building and interview with managers in the merchandising department. The interview was very robotic and the managers did not try to sell Walgreens as a company to me. It was a bad culture fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • The analytics test was fine, but you can take the outcome in so many different directions it is difficult to be right.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Went through local recruiter for initial resume submittal. Had a phone interview with HR representative, then several days went by with no word. Recruiter called to set up actual in-person interview with local staffing agency recruiter rep, then the HR recruiter rep with the last interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your financial and SQL experiences with your last two positions.   View Answer

Merchandising Exposure Program Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in March 2014.

First Round Interview was a 30 minute phone interview that was strictly behavior-based. Questions that were asked were straightforward and went something like this... Tell me about a time that you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. It only took them about 1 day to get back to me about scheduling a second round interview.
    Second Round Interview was geared more toward the position you were interested in. They asked a lot about your experience and how it could help you as an Intern and Walgreens in general.

Interview Questions
    • What are the ways in which you analyze data differently than normal.   Answer Question

Professional Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Great process, very detailed and thorough from both sides. Was able to ask plenty of questions and went through a behavioral interviewing process.

Interview Questions
    • Tasked with completing "homework" and creating training. But that let me show them my abilities, which led to employment.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I asked for a bit more, they declined.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Pretty straightforward-phone interview then face to face

Manager Level Position At Corporate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Two phone interviews with HR group. Invited for face to face with two directors. Very odd experience. Only one director present and he had forgotten about the interview until I showed up. Had no background info on me and did not have a copy of my resume. I provided him with one and we spoke for nearly two hours. At the end of what felt like was a great interview, he told me I would be a perfect fit for the team and couldn't wait to get me in to sit down with the VP. Following the meeting he gave me a tour of the building while telling me what parts of my background I should expand on when meeting with VP. He escorted me out and said he would be setting up the next interview for me which would be the following week. Two days later I received the email stating they were going in a different direction. I called the director to thank him for his time during our interview and he advised me that the email must have been sent erroneously as he and the VP had just spoken about me. He said he would check into it and call me back. I never heard from anybody there again. Follow-up calls and emails were not returned. I've had my share of interviews but never one quite like this. Felt like this interviewer did everything but assign me an office that day. Still a good company and if the right position was open I might apply again.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of general questions comparing my current responsibilities and how they would align with job description.   View Answer

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

HR first, then interview with hiring manager for technical questions. Then interview with higher level manager for generic questions

I tried to negotiate but did not get more they offered. It is OK for me so I accepted

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter from Human Resources after they came across my online resume submission for an available Senior Financial Analyst position. I was asked a series of pre-screening questions to see if I would be a good fit for the role, and then informed that I would hear back in a week or two if I was still being considered as a candidate for the opportunity.

About one week later, I received a follow-up call asking if I would be available for a second phone interview with the hiring manager. We set up a call and I spoke with the hiring manager about two days later. He asked about my background, and then asked a number of job-specific questions (i.e. familiarity with financial models, financial analysis, etc.). After the call, I was informed that I would hear back in the next few days regarding my continued candidacy for the position regardless of the decision.

Another week passed before I received a follow-up call, but I was then asked to come on-site for a series of 1-on-1 interviews with 2 managers and the hiring director. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes, and afterwards I was informed that I would hear back in a couple of days once the managers and the director had a chance to discuss how each interview went.

Finally, after another week of waiting, Walgreens asked if I could provide a list of references. They asked for at least three individuals they could contact, and then proceeded to email them a questionnaire about our work history together. After a few more days, the initial recruiter called back and informed me that Walgreens would be extending an offer of employment to me.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what key metrics on a Profit and Loss statement I would regard as most important if Walgreens were considering expanding certain retail locations into the refrigerated goods, fruits, vegetables, and bakery retail space.   Answer Question
    Yes, I was able to negotiate a higher base salary because I had another competing offer in hand. I also negotiated on vacation days for the current year because I was informed that new hires receive 0 vacation days until the start of the next calendar year (Note: this is likely going away beginning Jan 1, 2014 as Walgreens is switching to an accrual based PTO program).

Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Process seemed very unorganized with conflicting messages. Applied online and received an automated email rejection the following day. Then a recruiter called about a week later to conduct a phone screen for the position. I received another automated email rejection for the position a couple of days later. Then the following week, I received a call from the recruiting department to schedule a face-to-face interview a few days later. I received yet another automated rejection on the following day. The in-person interview was behavioral and two managers were involved. They stuck to the script and didn't ask me one other question about my background. They wrote down every word that I said.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your job responsibilities and received recognition.   Answer Question