Walgreens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Deerfield, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview is over the phone with a recruiter. Here they ask you questions about you and your resume. They also ask you one or two behavioral questions. If you qualify for their position they will send you to the next round of interviews. Here you will meet with a higher up employee that will ask you several behavioral questions and will open the floor for you to ask questions as well. This interview is in person.

Interview Question – The questions are your basic behavioral questions.. You can google questions like that online. There was nothing really out of the ordinary or unexpected. They really want you to answer using your personal examples and skills/traits that you possess and implemented to complete a task.   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Assistant Category Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – I became aware of the position through my university and I applied online. I then received a phone interview with a recruiter who was warm and friendly. A few weeks later I got scheduled for an in person interview in Deerfield. I had to take an Excel test at one building, then drive to a different building and interview with managers in the merchandising department. The interview was very robotic and the managers did not try to sell Walgreens as a company to me. It was a bad culture fit for me.

Interview Question – The analytics test was fine, but you can take the outcome in so many different directions it is difficult to be right.   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details – Went through local recruiter for initial resume submittal. Had a phone interview with HR representative, then several days went by with no word. Recruiter called to set up actual in-person interview with local staffing agency recruiter rep, then the HR recruiter rep with the last interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your financial and SQL experiences with your last two positions.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Attorney Interview

Attorney
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2011.

Interview Details – HR phone preliminary interview; the follow-up on-site interview with multiple people

Interview Question – Why do you want to join Walgreens?   View Answer

Merchandising Exposure Program Intern Interview

Merchandising Exposure Program Intern
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2014.

Interview Details – First Round Interview was a 30 minute phone interview that was strictly behavior-based. Questions that were asked were straightforward and went something like this... Tell me about a time that you had to work with an unsatisfied customer. It only took them about 1 day to get back to me about scheduling a second round interview.
Second Round Interview was geared more toward the position you were interested in. They asked a lot about your experience and how it could help you as an Intern and Walgreens in general.

Interview Question – What are the ways in which you analyze data differently than normal.   Answer Question

Professional Development Specialist Interview

Professional Development Specialist
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Great process, very detailed and thorough from both sides. Was able to ask plenty of questions and went through a behavioral interviewing process.

Interview Question – Tasked with completing "homework" and creating training. But that let me show them my abilities, which led to employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for a bit more, they declined.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview included two step process with hiring manager and senior director

Negotiation Details – Went smoothly, no major issues

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2012.

Interview Details – They put on an act like they are really interviewing people, but it is all about who you know and who you would get on your knees for.

Interview Question – It is all behavioral interviewing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was less and the hours were 11am-7pm

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward-phone interview then face to face

Interview Question – Do you work better in a group or individually   Answer Question

Corporate Pharmacy Intern Interview

Corporate Pharmacy Intern
Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Interview Details – Email initially, then phone "screening" interview, then in person or video conference interview, then offer.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular but make yourself shine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!