Walgreens

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Front End Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deerfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2012.

Applied on company web site the day the job was posted it took 2 weeks after that to get the initial phone screen interview with h.r. recruiter. Phone screen last about 30 minutes, just basic questions about my resume and my career history was then told I would be scheduled for a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager. It wasn't until another 2 weeks later and sending 2 follow-up emails did I get scheduled for the 2nd phone interview.

The 2nd phone interview was a technical interview with the hiring manager. Lasted 30 minutes, no detailed questions were even asked about my resume, how do I approach problems, what kind of projects I've worked on. Instead it was one of those trivia quiz type interviews. Around 6 trivia questions about Javascript and CSS. To me this is the worst way to interview someone, especially if they've been out school for over 15 years. To me these questions are meant for college grads who have no work experience. If someone has experience then you ask them about their experience you don't quiz them as if they are on some silly game show. Nevertheless I did not do well because the questions were so random and so textbook specific instead of how do I use and apply the language.

It then took another whole month and about 3 follow up emails from me to find out I didn't get the job. The worst part is that as of today another whole month after being rejected the job is still open!!!!

Interview Questions
  • In Javascript what's the difference between a double equal sign and a triple equal sign.   View Answer
  • Why does Javascript have two ways of getting HTML elements for example one way is to use getElementByID and another is document.[element].[value]   View Answer