Walgreens Function Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2014

2.5

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Function Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

Started with an hour long phone interview with the corp recruiter, she asked basic situational questions to get a feel of my background and experience. Very simple and easy. After I was given and onsite interview with the HR manager and Operations Manager. This was about an hour and a half long, again very easy asking situational questions, just remember to use the STAR format and you'll be fine. I was also interviewing for the I/O Ops Mgr position as well so, after that interview about 30 days later I was scheduled to interview with the GM and Mgr of Ops. This was about 2 hours, situational just like the rest very easy interview.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions all situational and experience based   View Answer
No negotiation, the corp HR called and made the offer, the offer was very good so I did not attempt to get more. However, she told me it was something I should have negotiated during the interview. I asked for a signing bonus and was told that had to be discussed at the interview.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Flagstaff, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flagstaff, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

The interview process for managers is usually 2 parts. They are very straight forward. They ask all situational questions so be prepared to come up with what the situation was, what you did and how was the outcome. I have seen a lot of the first interviews be over the phone then if you score high enough get a second in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think any are too difficult just make sure to answer with situation action plan and outcome on every one. the interview is scored on points so if you hit on all parts your score is better.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Allentown, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

interviewed at Walgreens in January 2009.

Phone interview only with three people

Interview Questions
    • Why should you be selected as the next function manager at Walgreens?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens.

They read from a script of questions anyone can lie about the answers.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were disciplined and what did you do about it?   View Answer
    No negotiation. If you want time off that first year for vacation make something up and say you need the week off because you already purchased tickets somewhere, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Applied online, was contacted 3 weeks later for ana interview. Was interviewed by the Operations manager and the HR supervisor. The interview took over 2 and a half hours followed by an agreement to a background check. Questions were based on one would coach and motivate teams, challenging your superiors and how comfortable you would be managing people with special needs. At the end there was a quick survey of skills needed to perform the job based on a scale of; "no knowledge" to "very knowledgeable". The culture seemed somewhat relaxed, did not get a very enthusiastic vibe of management and team members.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about managing people with special needs, in situations where they might populate more than 20% of you workforce?   View Answer

Function Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2009.

Very positive experience. Friendly, relaxed but detailed.

non negotiable

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!