Walgreens

15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

Interview Details – Walgreens prefers to promote within. The lowest management position is SFL (Shift Lead). If you have at least 3 years of customer service experience and posses a good customer service background, you can be considered. You must also have a high school diploma.

Interview Question – How would you handle an irate customer?
Describe a situation that shows you can build a rapport with others.
  Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2011.

Interview Details – I completed the application online and then was asked to complete the computer portion in store. About a few days later, I was called in for an interview which lasted about 20 minutes. Afterwards, I was then offered a position. After that, I had to go for a drug test and about 2 days after I was called in to start work.

Interview Question – Don't really remember any questions; was your standard interview; why are you best for this position? tell me about a time when you had a great customer service experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – na

ASMT Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online, in-store "proctored" test, group interview with CommLeader and dist manager. Follows a structured "tell me a time..." interview. Your answers are largely irrelevant if you can lie and follow the rubric they use. I always do bad on these types of interviews, and ultimately fron upon them. Also one of the slowest hr processes ever.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to motivate an employee who was not doing his/her job?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pharmacist Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Interview Details – interviewed with a district manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you showed empathy to a customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Pharamacy Technician Interview

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2009.

Interview Details – Called in to do 1 face to face interview. They were desperate so they didnt ask too much of the technical think on your feet questions.

Interview Question – They just asked my most difficult thing i overcame   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they just told me my base pay and since i was young i just took it since it was better than nothing.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Katy, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and waited about a month before the lead pharmacist called me to come into the store to complete the in-store assessment test which tests you on basic math calculation skills (you don't need a calculator. It's very basic) as well as testing you "what would you do if ___ happened" type of questions. It was very easy to answer and takes no more than an hour.

I waited a week before they called me back asking me to come in for an interview. Phase 1 of the interview consisted of most of the questions. Very situation based stuff where they ask you (like i listed below) situations where something happened and what did you do and what was the outcome. I was answering the question and halfway through I forgot what was the answer and had to ask to repeat the question. I was so embarrassed! (They still hired me and liked me a lot anyway somehow). I was also asked if I knew anything about Walgreens and the only answer I could come up with was that it is THE leading pharmacy in the nation right now.(btw if they ask you that question remember to mention that Walgreens just bought out a company and is going global and possibly might delve into China to expand because that is what the pharmacist told me). The Pharmacist was pretty laid back and nice. The first interview was done in front of people inside of the back office instead of being completely alone with the pharmacist/interviewer.

Then I was immediately scheduled for my next "interview", and I put that in quotes for a reason I will say later, the very next day. So the next day I come in to meet the store manager, who by the way is SO nice, and I wasn't even interviewed. All they asked me was "Tell me a little bit about yourself" and "Why Walgreens and why did you want to go into pharmacy". Then after I answered they pretty much described what is expected out of me as a technician and how busy their store is going through 800-900 prescription fills PER day and that Walgreens stresses heavily on customer service. Then they scheduled me on the spot for when I should come in to start work. They understood I have another job I want to keep doing so they let me have weekends off and only work weekdays. How considerate!

The pay starts around 9.25 for noncertified technicians and once you're certified its ONLY $1 pay raise. Isn't that nuts? I thought you'd get paid more to be a technician. Walgreens needs to pay their technicians more, especially since you're going through 400-500 prescription fills within one shift's worth.

P.S. They ask you whether you know how to type with ALL ten fingers, not just two fingers to hen peck at the keys. So be sure you know how to type properly!

P.S.S. They asked me where do I see myself 5 years from now. They also asked me how much I make at my previous job--isn't that considered inappropriate to ask how much a person makes?

Interview Questions

• 1) Name a time when you had to multitask   View Answer
  • 2) Name a time when you had a very difficult client. What did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer
  • 3) Tell me a little bit about yourself   View Answer
  • 4) Why do you want to work for Walgreens and the pharmacy industry in general   View Answer
  • 5) Name a time when one of your coworkers was being difficult. What did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any room for negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2008.

Interview Details – Not really much of an interview. Just what days I could work.

Negotiation Details – They offered me the salary and I accepted.

Very Easy Interview

Service Clerk Interview

Service Clerk
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online they call me in 3 weeks later for a interview for Monday so I accepted had a one on one interview with a manger it was real easy,just basically common customer service questions, then she call me back 1day later for a 2nd interview and I was interviewed with 1manager and 1 pharmacy manger idk y, but it was easy they gave me the drug test paper I went the same day and was starting the next day training

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – We did not go over that

Executive Assistant Store Manager Interview

Executive Assistant Store Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Interview Details – The DM came to my store to interview me. He told me about the job and asked me what qualities did I have that showed I would be able to run my own store. He also asked me a few other behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities do you have that show you would be successful running your own store?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you asked someone to do something and they refused.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Management Interview

Houston, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview consisted of a phone call which was followed by a 1 on 1 interview where I was asked a number of questions. It was a long interview and they will ask you about your strengths and weaknesses as well as what you are looking to get out of the job and why you decided to apply for Walgreens.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Walgreens?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Went for another company

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice in Houston, TX. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.