Walgreens

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Applied for a job online and through networking, was introduced to a recruiter who introduced me to another recruiter who emailed me to set up a phone screen. Once the phone screen took place it was about 17 minutes and very general and basic. She asked about previous experience and I walked her through my responsibilities. She then asked what was my favorite project to worked on.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

Interview Details – Online application. The rest of the application was finished in store. There was a standard test of what would you do scenarios, cash handling questions, and availability. Once called back for an interview you have a sit down conversation with the store manager sharing experience and answering a few basic interview questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle and angry customer when management is not around?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Phone interview with someone in HR. She was very unenthusiastic and didn't ask any follow-up questions so I could never be sure if she had understood me. They said they would let me know within a week or two but it took them two months. Not friendly or professional.

Interview Question – All behavioral questions. Think of specific situations from work or school.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – Applied online followed by a phone interview with a human resources manager. She asked general interview questions such as Why Walgreens? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? and giving details of prior experiences that could be applied in the internship at Walgreens.

Interview Question – There wasn't really an unexpected question that I can remember. They were all basic interview questions you could find in an interview-prep book   Answer Question

Hampton, VA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2011.

Interview Details – You would need to fill out the application online. The application will require normal information like name previous work experience, etc. The application also requires you to complete a skills assessment. The application process is very user friendly

Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2012.

Interview Details – Behavior interview

Interview Question – Explain a time where your views were challenged.   Answer Question

Deerfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very smooth. A phone interview and then an on-site interview with a job offering a few days later!!

Interview Question – Behavioral Questions   Answer Question

Bakersfield, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2011.

Interview Details – interview planned through the work placement office at the local university, following with a 30 minute interview with two store managers. Mostly based on behavioral questions and they contacted with with at least three days of the interview. I encourage applicants to submit a thank you letter with the managers after the interview. Also to be as honest as possible regarding customer service previous experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a situation where you dealt with an upset customer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a flexible schedule and my areas of interest i wanted to learn from the internship.

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2007.

Interview Details – From what I remember the year I applied for the internship there was like 50 applicants for 6 spots and the reason that is relavant is because the year before they had more spots than applicants. Basically you can easily land any job while going to college, just use the career canter. Obviously dress in a suit and make sure to keep that smile on your face through that whole thing because thats one huge thing they look at.

Intern

The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2011.

Interview Details – I have only participated in a first round interview with this company so far, I am waiting to here if I made it to the second round. My experience was very pleasant; all behavioral questions. The questions were pretty standard, and I did not feel like I was being grilled and put on the spot or trying to be tricked.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Intern interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.