Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
1,072 Interview Reviews

2.4

Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online for the position and was contacted by a recruiter via email. We set up a time to discuss the position, however, I needed to move it two days later due to a scheduling conflict at my current employer. The recruiter rescheduled the interview and said it was not a problem. The day of the interview, I received no call, so I emailed one hour later to check in on the call. The recruiter did not reply and I emailed the following week to follow-up, to which the recruiter told me to check my spam for a generated email. Since we were communicating, it would have been nice for the recruiter to tell me directly that they already found a candidate, rather than hiding behind a generated email template. very unprofessional.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview wasn't super long. Asked questions like what would you do incase of so and so. They gave examples of situations and how you would respond. I interviewed with a shift lead then with the general manager. Then again with a team leader,I believe. Hiring was a little more longer. I was on a computer and went over how to greet customers also how to work register. Paper work and going over the rules and uniform.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you seen one of the employees steal?   1 Answer

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

short and rude, submitted an online application in store for employees seeking advancement, Walgreens is a buddy, buddy hiring company, they do not care about the average employee, which is why the turnover rate is so high, we are expendable as so quoted by a manager who is still with Walgreens but hates customers.

Interview Questions

• no questions, only a speech   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The process was fair and quick. I first came in to do an assessment on a computer, then was followed up with an interview. However, they explicitly said during the interview that they are not hiring even though it was listed on their website. I was a bit confused and decided to not continue.

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

The interview process is very quick and easy. First, I applied online. They have multiple questions on the application. Then it said to finish my application at a Walgreens. I went to a Walgreens and there were a few more questions on a computer there. After the application process I received a call for an interview. The interview was very simple. There were only behavioral questions and a simple subtraction problem. After the interview I was offered a job, which I accepted.

Business Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied through an internship program through my university. The process was pretty standard. Submit resume, wait a week, phone interview, wait a week, then in person interview and was told I was the guy for the job. The internship was a great learning experience. Great company and training!! I would have stayed there longer but discovered that I was not a huge fan of retail.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens (Miami Lakes, FL).

Interview

A lot of situational questions. Luckily the interviewer was from HR and really didn't have a clinical background. She was just writing my answers and nodding her head so it made me feel at ease.

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (San Gabriel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First off, the people who's been really nice to write reviews about their experiences have been really helpful with the whole job process. I'm writing to pay it back and hopefully be someone to help others too. The whole job process has been amazing. I had to take the assessment online then went to the store 4 days after to finish the test in-store. I met employees and had a little chat with them while taking the test in the store. It is important to be very friendly from the very beginning because 1. It takes the pressure, stress and nervousness away 2. They give tips on how to ace the interview 3. The manager sees your outgoing personality especially with the employees which may be your future workmates and it's definitely plus point. After taking the test, the computer in the store wasn't working so the manager told me to call back the next day. I called back the next day unfortunately the computer still wasn't working so the manager asked for my number and told me that she's calling up another store for my test results and get back to me. She was very nice to call me back the next day even though she's a very busy person. So just cutting it short, we scheduled an appointment on Wednesday, I came in wearing something that is really formal, dress, black heels etc. Came in 10 minutes early. I again met up with the employees, met new ones and had a pleasant conversation with them before being called to the back for an interview. The interview took at least half an hour, it was a very easy interview just questions mainly about you, your work experiences and situational questions. One thing that's really gonna come handy is preparation especially when it comes to the situational questions, so google em up, read more reviews in here and practice. Good luck!

Oh and one more thing, always smile and just show genuine interest for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you think diversity is important in the workplace?
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulty communicating with a customer
      Tell me about a time when the customer did not receive good customer service from you
      Tell me about a time when you contributed to the success of the team
      Tell me about your past relationships with your coworkers

It was more of working in a team type of questions

Answer Question

Beauty Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (Barceloneta, PR) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online, got a call a couple weeks later to do an assesment test, a week later got an interview and the day after the interview got the call that I was hired. The questions were very basic, they gave me a random makeup and made me sell it to them. I dressed very formal for the interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application was followed by in store application which consisted of multiple choice questions about handling various situations you might encounter on the job and how you would handle them, also math aptitude questions about making change and recognizing validity of coupons. My online application didn't complete the first time, had to go back and redo. When I went to store to complete the application, the "system" was down that weekend. Went to another store another night and need a manager to access in store system - manager was gone for weekend and other employees weren't helpful. Went to another store that same evening and manager was there and helpful. Helps to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working with difficult customers?   1 Answer