Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Jul 3, 2015
1,210 Interview Reviews

2.4

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very easy process. Standard questions asked. Management was relaxed. Didn't have to dress professional for the interview. Business casual was ok. Answered questions about my hobbies and how I react in certain situations. Got the job on the spot. Took a tour of the store and signed for bg check and did drug test the same day.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

very informal. asks a couple of basic questions like where you worked before. it all depends on which manager you get the interview with. not stressful. will hire you that day and you have to go take a drug test within a time frame.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Was called to schedule interview at district office. The company only hires internal store managers form the pool of assistants unless there is a remote location that is incredibly difficult to staff. In my honest opinion the interview is really just a show as they pretty much know who they are going to select, but they have to make it look competitive. However, on more than one occasion assistant's have been promoted without ever interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Over the past year what have you done to improve pharmacy sales, retention and service?   1 Answer
    • There were a lot of questions about communication. Communicating with a difficult employee/member of leadership. Checking for understanding, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very smooth, simple questions of past experiences you've had that are similar to the job role and dealing with customer service.
    I went in the office with 2 managers, both asked me questions regarding past experiences. I answered and I got offered the position when they were done talking. After you are offered the position they'll move on and do a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths weaknesse?, name one time you went out of your way to help someone else? name a time when someone asked you to help while you were busy doing something yourself, what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question

Walgreen Store Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

1. Tell me about yourself.
     2. Why do you want to work here?
     3. What are your strengths?
     4. What are your weaknesses?
     5. What do you know about us?
     6. Why should I hire you?
     7. Why did you (or why do you want to) leave your current employer?
     8. If you could turn back time and live your life over, what would you do differently?
     9. Describe the ideal work environment for you.
    10. Tell me about the worst boss you ever had.
    11. If you could change one thing about your last (current) job, what would it be?
    12. How do you think your coworkers would describe you, both good and bad?
    13. How do you think your bosses would describe you, both good and bad?
    14. In prior performance reviews, what were your opportunities for improvement?
    15. What are your greatest accomplishments so far?
    16. Describe yourself in three words.
    17. Are you interested in managing or leading others? Why or why not?
    18. How do you define success?
    19. Besides money, what do you value or need most if you are to have job satisfaction?
    20. Have you ever been fired (laid off, outplaced, etc.)? Explain the circumstances.
    21. If you gave your last boss a performance review, what would he or she need to change?
    22. Do you prefer to work alone or with others? Why?
    23. Describe a difficult situation or task that you had to deal with, and how you did so.
    24. How do you feel about travel or relocation?
    25. Is there anything that would physically or mentally prevent you from performing this job?
    26. What other organizations are you pursuing, or are pursuing you?
    27. Do you consider yourself to be creative? If so, give some examples.
    28. How would you describe your personality?
    29. How much are you expecting to earn in this job?
    30. How do you feel about incentives, which are heavily tied to performance?
    31. How do you feel about psychological tests?
    32. How do you feel about drug tests?
    33. What are your goals for five years and ten years out?
    34. Do you prefer a job with clearly defined tasks, or one that is more self-directed?
    35. Do you prefer to work for a man or a woman? Why?
    36. How do you feel about working in a diverse workplace (with minorities, for example)?
    37. If you could change three things about yourself, what would they be?
    38. Do you consider yourself to be a traditionalist? Why or why not?
    39. What motivates you?
    40. Do you think that people are basically lazy and need to be pushed to perform?
    41. Have you ever had to fire someone? Explain why and how you did it.
    42. If you could be in your own business, what business would it be?
    43. Do you consider yourself to be more of a people person or a taskmaster?
    44. What qualities do you think are necessary to be a leader?
    45. How long do you anticipate being in this job, or with our organization?
    46. Do you believe that success depends more on what you know than on whom you know?
    47. How do you perform under stress?
    48. Do you keep current in your field? How?
    49. Do you have any role models? If so, who are they, and why are they role models?
    50. What more would you like to know about the job, or about this organization?

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumont, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Dumont, NJ).

Interview

I applied online, the manager called me the next day. I sat down in his office and he asked me a couple of simple questions, then he had me take the second part of the assessment,

Interview Questions

• How will my experience with computers help the company?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The interview process occurred a few years back, but first I talked to HR folks, and then talked with the hiring manager, and then a few folks on the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one professional accomplishment you are proud of.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online and got called in the next day to complete the application there. Came back next day to talk to manager and had the interview which lasted about 20 minutes, got called a couple hours later and got offered to jump on board with them so came back the next day and got the paperwork work done for drug testing and finish online application.

Interview Questions

• what are you looking to get out of this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boonton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Boonton, NJ).

Interview

My experience was kind of awkward they told me I got the job right after I signed up for the job an employee interviewed me had no idea what was going on because the manager and the second manager wasn't there and all they just asked me was where did I work and that was it and as soon as I was done with the interview I looked on the computer and I never even took the drug test and it said I passed.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Very quick. The interview was only about 10 questions. Offered me the salary, a little above minimum. Went the next day to get the drug test the next day. They didn't call me back for 4 more weeks.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you contributed to a workplace that benefited or made processes better.   Answer Question