Walgreens Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
858 interviews

2.4

Stock Clerk Interview

I'm a nice, sweet, caring and independent person and I love being around people. I always have a smile on my face and a positive attitude at work. I work with customers perfectly.

Interview Questions
    If you want a job always ask questions.

Function Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

Started with an hour long phone interview with the corp recruiter, she asked basic situational questions to get a feel of my background and experience. Very simple and easy. After I was given and onsite interview with the HR manager and Operations Manager. This was about an hour and a half long, again very easy asking situational questions, just remember to use the STAR format and you'll be fine. I was also interviewing for the I/O Ops Mgr position as well so, after that interview about 30 days later I was scheduled to interview with the GM and Mgr of Ops. This was about 2 hours, situational just like the rest very easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions all situational and experience based   View Answer
    No negotiation, the corp HR called and made the offer, the offer was very good so I did not attempt to get more. However, she told me it was something I should have negotiated during the interview. I asked for a signing bonus and was told that had to be discussed at the interview.

ASMt Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

First is a phone interview. Basic questions. Not hard at all. Then got a call for a second interview with two community leaders which are a step above the store manager. Not a easy interview because they read straight from the paper and jot down notes. Really dont look up from the paper. Asked situational question. Using the 5 star method is very helpful. Look it up if you dont know what it is. Lasted about 40 min. Make sure you have questions to ask them after the interview. Have at least 5 ready. they said the would contact me the beginning of the following month which was 2 weeks later. But go a call the next week with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult but it wasnt easy. Really have to be on your toes. Dont be scared to ask for clarification of the question. Make the interview as a conversation than an interrogation. One question was, "Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer, if so how did you handle the situation and what was the positive or negative outcome."   View Answer
    None.

Supervisor Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs. More »

Interview Questions
    They were pretty flexible with negotiation. They meet me where I needed to be.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bethlehem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

it was so long ago I don't remember it all the question but i know it was about personality and experiences. There was also a personality test with about 60 to 80 question. When I first applied the lost my application and i had to keep on asking about it and the made me apply all over again at the end i got the job. It took about a month for the whole process.

Photo Specialist Interview

Filled out online application. Took online test. Had to apply to specific Walgreens store. Called in to take (inshore) online test {available via intranet-only}. Had to return a second time because computers were down (due to weather)<literally>.Called in for face-to-face interview. Took Drug test. Then one more face interview with store manager and assistant store manager.

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

Basic behavioral questions- Why do you want to work at walgreens, "Describe a time" format. Make sure to give answers in Situation, Action, Result format. The person interviewing me was not prepared...

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lees Summit, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lees Summit, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

All open positions from my experience with Walgreens are listed for that specific store under careers at the Walgreens website. I simply checked for an opening, and applied. In about 3 days, I received a phone call asking me to come to the store I applied at to take a skills assessment. I took the assessment, which merely composed of change counting skills, and general interactions with other employees, customers, and the management. I then again got a phone call 3 days from then, and had an interview for the position scheduled. The interview itself was what they referred to as 'preset.' The store manager read the questions from a packet of paper, and I answered. The questions were tailored to be very open, but to examine the experiences I've had in dealing with other people, the police, people who spoke a different language, etc. There were also a few questions that asked about my scheduling availability. After that, I was offered the position in a 'conditional hire.' Which meant I had to pass a mandatory drug test before I could start working there. It was your typical urine examination that is sent off, with the sample being taken at a 3rd party location. I passed, have worked there for over a year, and have not had to take another one. It is also noted that I did not have to send in a resume or bring one to the interview, although I did and gave the hiring manager a copy of it.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regards to an experience/situation I may have been in before, and how I handled it. It asked if I had been in a situation where I could not understand what another person was saying, for example if they spoke a different language or spoke English but were not easy to understand, and how I handled it.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a very flexible schedule, getting the weekends off during the school year and being able to change my availability when I needed to.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2014.

you have to do the online application first, then you come in and meet an assistant manager. they'll tell you to finish the rest of the application on the computer in the store. when your done and they select you, you'll have a final interview with a store manager and assistant manager. if they like you they'll hire you on the spot or give you a call.

Interview Questions
    • what would you do if there was a customer yelling at you and you didnt do anything wrong   View Answer
    work schedules can be worked around your schedule if you already had one, there really is no negotiation on pay

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lake Geneva, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Geneva, WI

I interviewed online - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I applied on-line. I got a call the next day and an interview was set up for the next week. When I got there for my interview I was brought into a room to do a skill assessment. I had to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come in and see if I was finished. We did an interview after that. I was asked 5 of the behavioral questions. I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you did that helped an employee.   View Answer

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!