Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015
1,354 Interview Reviews

2.3

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Easy. Applied online they call you in and you do a simple math test on their computer then schedule an interview where they ask you your every day simple questions. Then you take a drug test and basically if you pass that you are hired.

Asm-t Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Internal candidate applying for manager position. Did have to take assessment. Also talked to my store manager to verify he thought I was eligible. Then had a interview with two other store managers. It is about 10 behavioral based questions.

Beauty Adviser Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very quick, formal and to-the-point. We went to the backroom and we sat down. He looked through the paperwork and looked over my resume. He asked me the basic questions and he told me to explain why working at my previous job did not work for me and why I decided Walgreens would be the right place for me to be.

Interview Questions

• The Basics, where did you work before, why should and do you want to know here, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

seemed political; it seemed like they already knew who they were going to hire; they paired up because of new people in position, they were vague on answering my questions

Assistant Store Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Gatos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Gatos, CA).

Interview

It took about a week for one of the store managers to call me In for a one on one interview. I studied everything online, simple questions to behavioral questions, and did not sleep the night before! I showed up an hour early, walked around the store, and let an employee know I was there for an interview. While waiting, a customer thought I worked there, she asked me to help her find something, so I agreed to help. Right after I finished helping her, my store manager walked up to me. Not sure whether she was a secret shopper but it was a really coincidence! Anyways, before he proceeded to ask my 10 questions, he asked ,"Why Walgreens?" Make sure you pass that in order to have an interview! He was really nice, but at the same time, knew what he was doing or supposed to be doing! I felt right at home but still didn't want to fully be my weird self! Out of 10 questions, none of it was studied for! They were questions that no one can duplicate the answers! I stuttered, used wrong grammars, but I was really honest with my answers. He kept saying " you are doing great. You are almost there." I was really grateful to have met him. At the end, he gave my feedbacks about my interview. He loved the facts that I was very happy, (smiling and laughing), and honest. He kept repeating the fact that being manager is not about sitting in the office doing paper work, but really gotta roll up your sleeves and grind. And, I have to prepare for retail working hours (weekend, holidays, etc). He was just so understanding! He started out as an associate too! He rated me from 1-5 per question and wrote down notes for his boss, District Manager. He told me right at the spot that he would offer the position, but he has to discuss with his boss too. I said I understand because there are procedures for everything and told him not to rush. He was just really an awesome manager! He called me back next day as promised and congratulated me. Sadly I will not be trained by him but by another store manager at a different location because it was closer to my house. I expressed that I was happy but kind of disappointed because I was looking forward to learn from him. I will be doing my drug test, back ground check, and everything tomorrow. My recommendations is to really be yourself but be smart about it. You are not talking to Your friends, you are talking to your future boss. Be honest. If you have commitment, eager to learn, and great customer service, you got well for a management role! You can do it!

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The manager did most of the talking. Asked me a few questions about my background and if I planned to stay in the company. Then I took a test on the computer. It was fairly easy; it had some scenario questions and math questions about giving change.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Apply online their website. Then call them to set up an in store assessment test. Once you pass that, you get called in for an interview. Basic behaviorial questions that you can find all over the internet.

Interview Questions

• Biggest challenge, experience dealing with upset people or tense situations, etc.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

it was a one-on-one interview with the district pharmacy manager. She came out to greet me and then asked me to tell about myself. Then she fired away with many questions, such as where do I see myself in 10years, what would I do if I caught my coworker steal something. In short, therewere lots of specific questions ESP with scenario based questions. The entire process took around 30minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself Why should we hire you? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Lots of scenario based questions to test your integrity, your patience, etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Plano, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called about five days later for an in-person interview with the store manager. When I arrived, I was asked to take an assessment on the computer before the interview. It consisted of opinion questions and also basic math questions, which were all multiple choice. It took about 20 minutes. After the assessment, I was led into the office and asked some fairly standard questions. The manager was very friendly. He promised to call within two days to let me know whether or not I got the job. Even though I was not offered a job, he still called to let me know, and I was very appreciative. From the time I entered to the store to the time I left was about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you had to deal with an unhappy customer. What was the situation, how did you handle it, and how would you rate your effectiveness?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a specific time you built rapport with someone new.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Newnan, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Filled out application online..was called withing 30 minutes of finishing application to do skills assesment..went in store to do the skills assesment..had an on spot interview (was about 5 interview question)..did drug test and background check the same day and got called 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to build a report or build a relationship with a cowoker or classmate?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you couldn't understand where someone was coming from or what they were trying to say?   Answer Question