Walgreens Interview Questions

1,204 Interview Reviews

2.4

Finance Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deerfield, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Deerfield, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I got this interview from our campus recruiting. It was an 2 year rotations program which helps you get your feet wet in different apartment. The interview was the hardest one ever! They have 2 recruiters in the same room interviewing me, asked me a lot of behavior questions, some questions are very long and unusual. They did not ask any thing on my resume.

Interview Questions

• how do you see finance department in a company   Answer Question
    • Tell me a example when you had a conflict with your team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (Lakeland, FL) in April 2008.

Interview

After having pursued a job at Walgreens for over a year I finally got an interview at what I was told was the central hiring and training store for the Lakeland, FL area.

Upon entering the Walgreens I asked the clerks where I should be meeting the hiring manager but they had no idea. After wandering around the store for over 10 minutes I began to wonder if this was some sort of initial test, to my annoyance it was. The manager walked out and did seem like she had been watching me.

The interview was conducted in a backroom, the manage sat on an office chair and I sat on a milk crate or something similar looking up at her. The hiring manage looked down at me for a minute or so then asked what my expectations are. I told her I expected to work hard and do my job correctly. She then spent almost 10 minutes berating myself and people in general for having education and talked about how she didn't graduate from college and that it was nothing but a waste of time. She told me that in her experience the more educated people are the lazier they are. The interview went downhill from there.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was when she asked, "So you think that having an education makes you better than other people?"   1 Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The hiring process has completely changed over the last 10 years. The interview process now is behavioral with the district manager and the market talent director. Lots of preparation is needed because i have heard questions are difficult. Opportunities for advancement are now limited because the company downsized positions and removed lower level assistant positions.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer when the store manager was not around   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations....position used to start with $55,000 yr but was reduced to $50,000 yr

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied through my school's website and got a campus interview. The interviewer was straight forward with the questions and the setup. They ask you a question, listen to your answer, and grade you on a scale of 1-5 and they circle it on the interview packet (that you are not supposed to see)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with hostile customers.

Tell me about a time when your classmate or coworker was in disagreement with a customer. What did you do to deal with it?

Tell me about a time you faced a customer with unreasonable demands.

Tell me about a task you took and was on a very short deadline. Were you successful?

Tell me about a time you were a leader and your team was very unmotivated to do something. What did you do and what was the result?

1 Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Valley, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Cherry Valley, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

I had to come back 3 times and the manager that did the interviewing was very acknowledgeable and answered all the questions that I had.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult or unexpected questions since I knew about a pharmacy environment.   Answer Question

Security Operations Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Hiring entails an extensive background check. The interview process involves three interviews; one with HR manager, the second is also a telephone interview with the hiring manager of the department and the third is an interview with the department supervisors.

Interview Questions

• What experience does one have with servers and communication?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Was asked what salary was I seeking. Salary is negotiable.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

On a Thursday they demanded to see me the next day Friday for an interview, but also said if I couldn't come the next day, that I couldn't come at all. They made wait for over an hour on Friday. 1 of their managers was very rude to me.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

short and rude, submitted an online application in store for employees seeking advancement, Walgreens is a buddy, buddy hiring company, they do not care about the average employee, which is why the turnover rate is so high, we are expendable as so quoted by a manager who is still with Walgreens but hates customers.

Interview Questions

• no questions, only a speech   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Detroit, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

situational questions, no more details or conversational talk included, very dry and impersonal with very little feedback or other questions asked, other than what was on the script in front of the interviewers. It seemed as though they were trying to perhaps intimidate me and not even replying to any answers. There was one question, after answering it, that they simply said "what else?" about four times.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to manage a diverse team   Answer Question

Walgreens Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online. I was called in to take the standard 30 minute question which would take more than 60 min (as stated by another reviewer). With the exception of being in a distracting environment I tried to focus determined to not fall into traps and the questions were exhausting and heavily hypothetical which made it difficult to uncover traps or get flagged just for not being able to see through their abstractions. The distraction was interesting and gave a glimpse how it's like to work there . During the test he stated that he would be going through the applications next week and will also give me a call. I never got a call. It also was not a location I remember applying to.

Interview Questions

• If you know very little spanish how would you help a monolingual spanish customer?   1 Answer