Walgreens

805 candidate interviews

Finance Development Program Interview

Finance Development Program
Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got this interview from our campus recruiting. It was an 2 year rotations program which helps you get your feet wet in different apartment. The interview was the hardest one ever! They have 2 recruiters in the same room interviewing me, asked me a lot of behavior questions, some questions are very long and unusual. They did not ask any thing on my resume.

Interview Questions

• how do you see finance department in a company   Answer Question
  • Tell me a example when you had a conflict with your team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Lakeland, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2008.

Interview Details – After having pursued a job at Walgreens for over a year I finally got an interview at what I was told was the central hiring and training store for the Lakeland, FL area.

Upon entering the Walgreens I asked the clerks where I should be meeting the hiring manager but they had no idea. After wandering around the store for over 10 minutes I began to wonder if this was some sort of initial test, to my annoyance it was. The manager walked out and did seem like she had been watching me.

The interview was conducted in a backroom, the manage sat on an office chair and I sat on a milk crate or something similar looking up at her. The hiring manage looked down at me for a minute or so then asked what my expectations are. I told her I expected to work hard and do my job correctly. She then spent almost 10 minutes berating myself and people in general for having education and talked about how she didn't graduate from college and that it was nothing but a waste of time. She told me that in her experience the more educated people are the lazier they are. The interview went downhill from there.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was when she asked, "So you think that having an education makes you better than other people?"   View Answer

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – The hiring process has completely changed over the last 10 years. The interview process now is behavioral with the district manager and the market talent director. Lots of preparation is needed because i have heard questions are difficult. Opportunities for advancement are now limited because the company downsized positions and removed lower level assistant positions.

Interview Question – Please tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer when the store manager was not around   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations....position used to start with $55,000 yr but was reduced to $50,000 yr

Corporate Internship Interview

Corporate Internship

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's website and got a campus interview. The interviewer was straight forward with the questions and the setup. They ask you a question, listen to your answer, and grade you on a scale of 1-5 and they circle it on the interview packet (that you are not supposed to see)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with hostile customers.

Tell me about a time when your classmate or coworker was in disagreement with a customer. What did you do to deal with it?

Tell me about a time you faced a customer with unreasonable demands.

Tell me about a task you took and was on a very short deadline. Were you successful?

Tell me about a time you were a leader and your team was very unmotivated to do something. What did you do and what was the result?
  View Answer

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician
Cherry Valley, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had to come back 3 times and the manager that did the interviewing was very acknowledgeable and answered all the questions that I had.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions since I knew about a pharmacy environment.   Answer Question

Security Operations Specialist Interview

Security Operations Specialist

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Hiring entails an extensive background check. The interview process involves three interviews; one with HR manager, the second is also a telephone interview with the hiring manager of the department and the third is an interview with the department supervisors.

Interview Question – What experience does one have with servers and communication?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was asked what salary was I seeking. Salary is negotiable.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Walgreens Cashier
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Interview Details – On a Thursday they demanded to see me the next day Friday for an interview, but also said if I couldn't come the next day, that I couldn't come at all. They made wait for over an hour on Friday. 1 of their managers was very rude to me.

Interview Question – Has anyone else also experienced what I experienced?   Answer Question

ASMt - Applies to Any Position Interview

ASMt - Applies to Any Position
Roseville, MN

I applied through other source - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details – Prepare yourself for a "behavioral interview". Google the term if you must. Instead of asking you what you "would do" in a situation, they want to know what you "have done". They want you to describe the situation in detail, what your actions were and the outcome of it all. Don't be afraid to take some time to think first, your response is more important than the amount of time it takes to answer.

Interview Question – Tell me about the most difficult coworker you've had to work with. Describe the situation, how did you handle it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Assistant Category Manager Interview

Assistant Category Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – I became aware of the position through my university and I applied online. I then received a phone interview with a recruiter who was warm and friendly. A few weeks later I got scheduled for an in person interview in Deerfield. I had to take an Excel test at one building, then drive to a different building and interview with managers in the merchandising department. The interview was very robotic and the managers did not try to sell Walgreens as a company to me. It was a bad culture fit for me.

Interview Question – The analytics test was fine, but you can take the outcome in so many different directions it is difficult to be right.   Answer Question

EXA/ASM Interview

EXA/ASM

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Interview is based on consistent specific behavioral questions asking you to pull from your prior experiences providing how you react or handle situations at work, school, or home. Generally 6 questions with specific areas that seek to find how you handle difficulties to communicate to diverse groups, interactions with fellow employees, accepting criticism, suggesting on how you have improved a process the helped the workplace, and how you decide when to help out a fellow employee struggling.

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer every question though specific examples and not rely on your resume or merely stating your experience in years as acceptable.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will quote you the minimum offering and explain the speed of promotion as the incentive to being apart of the team.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice. All 805 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.