Walgreens

806 candidate interviews

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview, general interview questions regarding previous experience and why you would be a good fit for the position. Came back in about a week later for orientation. Spent about three days doing training modules on the computer.

Interview Question – What would you do in the case of an unruly customer who yelled and threatened?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time minimum wage was 7.25/hr and was the only option for pay.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – The interviewer wanted to interview at Panera Bread during Lunchtime. While interviewing, he was reading written questions and then looking around the dining room, ignoring me, slow to respond to questions. This is a horrible company to work for. I have a professional degree and was treated like someone at a fast food service restaurant. They talk about caring and wellness but do nothing to assist the professionals in their takecare health/walgreens clinic in processing patients. If you try to transfer, it can be up to a year before that goes thru and only if you stay on top of it. Managers could care less about individuals. Managers lie, fabricate the truth to avoid responsibility.

Negotiation Details – m

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted online application and was contacted via email for an interview. Questions were as expected for a general interview and much of the time was spent discussing the direction of the company and all of the opportunities one would be presented with.

Interview Question – Questions were as expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred

Redlands, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2010.

Interview Details – should wear clothes as you go to work:casual shirt,tennis shoes, long pants. and smile all the times. get acquataince with PDM. Give a happy comment to PDM such as :you have a beautiful smile. or "you are right",node your head in any good question that you agree with that PDM( pharmacist district manager). talk like you know the system which the company runs. like Rire Aid has PDX system, but I know now they change ,not any more. This is easiest system,very simple compare of CVS system is very stupid,that a long time to finish one RX.

Interview Questions

• what you don't like about your job?   View Answer
  • ask if your pharmacist call in sick or have car accident or heart attack, what you suppose to do:work extra 8 hours or close pharmacy? or call in other relief pharmacist to work for you then you go home?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary

Very Easy Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Certified Pharmacy Technician
East Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2012.

Interview Details – Just regular drug test, background and people skills questions. They spent more time telling me about the company and how they we should treat customers than anything else. Process was really quick and not lengthy.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation at all, what they offered is what you got.

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Assistant Manager (MGT)
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to an interview with the District Manager within 2 weeks. The process was standard behavioral questions based on past experiences, followed by a series of "what if's" ("what if this were to happen"). The DM was unenthusiastic and a tad aggressive with her perfume. The whole thing took about an hour.

Interview Question – I was asked a question which the DM then answered herself, which was unexpected: "You don't think a 40-60 minute commute is unreasonable, do you? No, of course you don't."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation. I was given an offer that I required a 4 week delay on and they agreed with the stipulation that that was all I would ask for.

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Why Walgreens and not CVS   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Photo Specialist/Cashier Interview

Photo Specialist/Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Hiring process was super easy! Apply online and call the local store or go in to take your skills assessment. After the assessment your called for a 1:1 interview. I was offered the position on the spot and given the drug test paperwork. The test and background check was quick and I was able to start working the same week it was received

Interview Question – There wasn't any really difficult questions if you have any customer service background.   Answer Question

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Walgreens Cashier
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule interview during a doctors appointment. They said I could call them back to schedule my interview in a few hours. When I called a few hours later to schedule the interview they said it was too late and I would not be given an interview despite the fact that I called back when they told me to call.

Pharmacy Interview

Pharmacy
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2013.

Interview Details – you need to apply online during winter time, so you can start internship program during the summer. You will have orientation and you will be assigned your home store based on your geographic referenced. fair and not difficult. Really fast of replying to your email

Interview Question – why can not you fill the prescription now?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Congratulation! you are hired as pharmacy intern. Welcome to Walgreens

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice. All 806 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.