Walgreens

2.4

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

First you apply online and take a long assessment test. Then you go to a store and take another one. Then if they like how you do a Walgreens will call you.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I completed the online test. Maybe 2 weeks later I went in to take the in store assessment. It took maybe 40 minutes. The manager looked at my results & I was qualified, she set up an interview with me for the next day. I got on the train & she calls to ask if I had time to interview so I ran back. I was interviewed for about 1/2 an hour & then she gave me the forms for a drug test. Took the test the following day & I was scheduled to start work 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Manager gives you a list of things to do before your lunch break & then comes to you with an urgent task, which do you do first? A customer is irate, how do you deal with them? Tell me about yourself. What would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question
    She asked when I was available, I told her I was a student & was available thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. She was very flexible with me.

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2011.

Interviews are behavioral based questions. Nothing new or exciting, but they would prefer answers based on previous pharmacy experience. If you have no experience as a pharmacist yet, just draw from internship, rotation, or tech-work experience instead. This is a hoop to jump through. Unless you have a serious deficiency in your application or freak out in your interview, you will be hired. Turnover is usually very high in most districts.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation attempted or needed. Walgreen's pays at the top or near the top of all retail salaries, and benefits are competitive or equal to other retail chains.

Chat Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Fill out an app online and then you wait for an email. They will call you to schedule a phone interview. If you pass that you come in for computer testing. If you pass that, the you have an in person view with any supervisor or HR person. It's very easy and straight forward.

No negotiation

Walgreen Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Assistant manager asks you question about when you are available. You then take a test consisting of question about how to count change. The third test consists of about 40 pages of personality questions. Overall, the process takes about 12 hours Extra form submissions take around an extra 8 hours if you skip through all of them very fast without reading like you are told to do.

CU Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

Was contacted to take assessment it was a data entry assessment and a math assessment both pretty easy math required conversions then interviewed consisted of 5 questions easy peasy then filled out new hire paper work and sent to take drug test and fingerprinting

Interview Questions
    • if you were a Manger and you had a fun team and didn't want to ruin all the fun but they were getting out of hand how would you approach the situation   Answer Question

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

It was really easy. It took 10 minutes, and it was mainly situational questions. I remember her askng about why I left my last place of employment. She then hired me on the spot, after just a couple of short questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a customer was upset, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Walgreens Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2010.

Generic interview for a low position. EXA had conducted interview, asked about previous work experiences and how I dealt with specific situations, such as not getting along with coworkers/managers and what the resolutions were. Was fairly lax, other managers/employees were in and out of the office during the interview. I was new in town and after accepting the job offer, I was given poor directions as to where I was to submit my drug test. I arrived at the facility as they were closing and was fortunately able to return the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to take a leadership role, what did you do and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Joseph, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2011.

I was asked the normal questions as well as how have you helped someone that may not have been able to help themselves and about my communication and technology skills. But the Manager that did my interview was very nice and was surprised at some of my answers considering how young I was with the experience I had had.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever helped someone who couldn't help themselves?   View Answer

Assistant Manager MGT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

The interview process was a panel style. I was able to have a phone interview since I am located in another state. The interviewers let me know up front they were going to pose situational type questions and I should respond using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use financial data to schedule your resources. What was the situation? What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question