Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015
1,278 Interview Reviews

2.3

Customer Services Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Computer work also can I handle rude customers with out getting up set. In how would I react to the situation. By askin the customers is there any other options or if I could get the manager

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in University City, St. Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (University City, St. Louis, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview Was Easy, Quick & Simple Asked Questions Just Like Every Other Interview. Got A Job Offer The Same Day, Manager Was Very Laid Back & Respectful To Me

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out the application on line then a few days later I did the skills assessment. The manager said he would call sometime next week, but he ended up calling me a few hours later to schedule an interview for the next day. The next day I was interviewed by a different manager he asked six questions he said they were scripted and he asked for my availability. He never actually said I was hired, he just asked me to come to the computer so I could accept the offer and told me I had to do a drug test so I could start!

Interview Questions

• Something like how do you deal with an upset customer?   1 Answer

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Saugus, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call a few days later, went into the store to complete the Skills Assessment, then the manager scheduled me for an interview two days later. After the interview was done, he offered me the job on the spot, gave me the forms I needed and said he would call to set up my first day of work once all the paperwork got back to him. The interview took about a half hour or less. The first part was just describing what the requirements were and what was expected and then he asked me around 6 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when someone (customer, classmate, etc) was being difficult with you? Explain the situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation; asked if minimum wage was ok and I accepted.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online maybe a month ago and got a call a few days ago to come in for the skills assessment. I had an impromptu "interview" (her words) with the pharmacist, and she barely listened or cared. I have to take the drug test tomorrow, so I don't know if I actually got the job or if there is another interview on the way.

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

filled out initial application online for p/t cosmetics. next day went into store to fill out assessment on the company computer,was called the next day by mgmt to come in for interview. The interview went great. The manager was great, very friendly and put me at ease. At the end of the interview I was told that I should apply for shift lead. So I went back online and resubmitted my application for that instead. I was called that afternoon for an interview the next day with a different manager. She was super nice and friendly and told me that I would be a great fit. She had to interview a few other people and told me that I should hear from her early the next week. I heard back on Tuesday with an offer. I accepted. I have to go for a drug test tomorrow, which i will pass, and hopefully I will be working sometime next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you handled a difficult situation at work?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you went above and beyond at work   Answer Question

Negotiation

no neg. I accepted offer right away

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

very informal. asks a couple of basic questions like where you worked before. it all depends on which manager you get the interview with. not stressful. will hire you that day and you have to go take a drug test within a time frame.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Walgreen Store Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

1. Tell me about yourself.  2. Why do you want to work here?  3. What are your strengths?  4. What are your weaknesses?  5. What do you know about us?  6. Why should I hire you?  7. Why did you (or why do you want to) leave your current employer?  8. If you could turn back time and live your life over, what would you do differently?  9. Describe the ideal work environment for you. 10. Tell me about the worst boss you ever had. 11. If you could change one thing about your last (current) job, what would it be? 12. How do you think your coworkers would describe you, both good and bad? 13. How do you think your bosses would describe you, both good and bad? 14. In prior performance reviews, what were your opportunities for improvement? 15. What are your greatest accomplishments so far? 16. Describe yourself in three words. 17. Are you interested in managing or leading others? Why or why not? 18. How do you define success? 19. Besides money, what do you value or need most if you are to have job satisfaction? 20. Have you ever been fired (laid off, outplaced, etc.)? Explain the circumstances. 21. If you gave your last boss a performance review, what would he or she need to change? 22. Do you prefer to work alone or with others? Why? 23. Describe a difficult situation or task that you had to deal with, and how you did so. 24. How do you feel about travel or relocation? 25. Is there anything that would physically or mentally prevent you from performing this job? 26. What other organizations are you pursuing, or are pursuing you? 27. Do you consider yourself to be creative? If so, give some examples. 28. How would you describe your personality? 29. How much are you expecting to earn in this job? 30. How do you feel about incentives, which are heavily tied to performance? 31. How do you feel about psychological tests? 32. How do you feel about drug tests? 33. What are your goals for five years and ten years out? 34. Do you prefer a job with clearly defined tasks, or one that is more self-directed? 35. Do you prefer to work for a man or a woman? Why? 36. How do you feel about working in a diverse workplace (with minorities, for example)? 37. If you could change three things about yourself, what would they be? 38. Do you consider yourself to be a traditionalist? Why or why not? 39. What motivates you? 40. Do you think that people are basically lazy and need to be pushed to perform? 41. Have you ever had to fire someone? Explain why and how you did it. 42. If you could be in your own business, what business would it be? 43. Do you consider yourself to be more of a people person or a taskmaster? 44. What qualities do you think are necessary to be a leader? 45. How long do you anticipate being in this job, or with our organization? 46. Do you believe that success depends more on what you know than on whom you know? 47. How do you perform under stress? 48. Do you keep current in your field? How? 49. Do you have any role models? If so, who are they, and why are they role models? 50. What more would you like to know about the job, or about this organization?

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Was called to schedule interview at district office. The company only hires internal store managers form the pool of assistants unless there is a remote location that is incredibly difficult to staff. In my honest opinion the interview is really just a show as they pretty much know who they are going to select, but they have to make it look competitive. However, on more than one occasion assistant's have been promoted without ever interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Over the past year what have you done to improve pharmacy sales, retention and service?   1 Answer
    • There were a lot of questions about communication. Communicating with a difficult employee/member of leadership. Checking for understanding, etc.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Very smooth, simple questions of past experiences you've had that are similar to the job role and dealing with customer service. I went in the office with 2 managers, both asked me questions regarding past experiences. I answered and I got offered the position when they were done talking. After you are offered the position they'll move on and do a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths weaknesse?, name one time you went out of your way to help someone else? name a time when someone asked you to help while you were busy doing something yourself, what did you do in that situation?   Answer Question