Walgreens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Applied in store. Did an online assessment that consisted of multiple choice answers that test your ability to read coupons correctly and make change. Pretty basic. Still waiting for them to review the application.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Walgreens Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an online application and then go to a store and complete a skills assessment. Within a week I was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked a lot of behavioral questions and asked if I would be able to work nights and weekends. The work is easy, so they were basically just looking for someone reliable. After the interview, about a week later, I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested in the position and he wanted to know when I could start. Then I had to take a drug test, so I could officially start.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was a little bit over minimum wage.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
Montgomery, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2010.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview, general interview questions regarding previous experience and why you would be a good fit for the position. Came back in about a week later for orientation. Spent about three days doing training modules on the computer.

Interview Question – What would you do in the case of an unruly customer who yelled and threatened?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – At the time minimum wage was 7.25/hr and was the only option for pay.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Nurse Practitioner

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – The interviewer wanted to interview at Panera Bread during Lunchtime. While interviewing, he was reading written questions and then looking around the dining room, ignoring me, slow to respond to questions. This is a horrible company to work for. I have a professional degree and was treated like someone at a fast food service restaurant. They talk about caring and wellness but do nothing to assist the professionals in their takecare health/walgreens clinic in processing patients. If you try to transfer, it can be up to a year before that goes thru and only if you stay on top of it. Managers could care less about individuals. Managers lie, fabricate the truth to avoid responsibility.

Negotiation Details – m

Redlands, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2010.

Interview Details – should wear clothes as you go to work:casual shirt,tennis shoes, long pants. and smile all the times. get acquataince with PDM. Give a happy comment to PDM such as :you have a beautiful smile. or "you are right",node your head in any good question that you agree with that PDM( pharmacist district manager). talk like you know the system which the company runs. like Rire Aid has PDX system, but I know now they change ,not any more. This is easiest system,very simple compare of CVS system is very stupid,that a long time to finish one RX.

Interview Questions

• what you don't like about your job?   View Answer
  • ask if your pharmacist call in sick or have car accident or heart attack, what you suppose to do:work extra 8 hours or close pharmacy? or call in other relief pharmacist to work for you then you go home?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – salary

Mesa, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted online application and was contacted via email for an interview. Questions were as expected for a general interview and much of the time was spent discussing the direction of the company and all of the opportunities one would be presented with.

Interview Question – Questions were as expected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation occurred

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Assistant Manager (MGT)
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and was invited to an interview with the District Manager within 2 weeks. The process was standard behavioral questions based on past experiences, followed by a series of "what if's" ("what if this were to happen"). The DM was unenthusiastic and a tad aggressive with her perfume. The whole thing took about an hour.

Interview Question – I was asked a question which the DM then answered herself, which was unexpected: "You don't think a 40-60 minute commute is unreasonable, do you? No, of course you don't."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no salary negotiation. I was given an offer that I required a 4 week delay on and they agreed with the stipulation that that was all I would ask for.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Walgreens Cashier
New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule interview during a doctors appointment. They said I could call them back to schedule my interview in a few hours. When I called a few hours later to schedule the interview they said it was too late and I would not be given an interview despite the fact that I called back when they told me to call.

Very Easy Interview

Photo Specialist/Cashier Interview

Photo Specialist/Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Hiring process was super easy! Apply online and call the local store or go in to take your skills assessment. After the assessment your called for a 1:1 interview. I was offered the position on the spot and given the drug test paperwork. The test and background check was quick and I was able to start working the same week it was received

Interview Question – There wasn't any really difficult questions if you have any customer service background.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Interview Question – Why Walgreens and not CVS   Answer Question