Walgreens

Updated Jan 26, 2015
Updated Jan 26, 2015

2.4

ASMt Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Walgreens uses Behavioral Interview questions for all their interviewing processes so be aware of what that type of interview is, and rehearse, rehearse, rehearse your answers. Be confident on your answers and be able to expound on your answer. You can look online for STAR methods of interviews, which explains the steps in which you answer a given question. This is paramount to follow that method. Be aware you must be willing to be placed at a store 30-60 min drive from your home at any given time, for months on end, and to be able to whip an underpaid staff of floor clerks into shape. The floor clerks (as of Jan. 2015) average 8.25 per hour.....hamburger chains start their employees at 9.00 per hour.....the internal incentive chart isn't difficult to see. Walgreens has merged with Boots and changes in management are underway.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to make the most difficult decision between your work and an employee.   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations(offered or expected).

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

I applied online as a Customer Service Associate. Once I completed Step 1 (a lot of situational questions) of the assessment, the screen prompted saying I would need to walk into a Walgreens store to complete Step 2 (also completed on the computer but in the store. These questions have more to do with coupons, math, things like that). You must complete Step 2 in a store; there is no way around this, and it's the only way you can be interviewed. They apparently score you based on this part of the assessment, but you cannot see the score; only they can. Within 24 hours of completing the assessment, I guess my score was high enough so the phone calls from different locations started rolling in, trying to schedule me for an in-person interview. I decided to go with the location closest to where I live (although I hear that if you want, you can also pick up shifts at other stores once you're in). The interview was a one-on-one, although the main store manager was present, in the background, doing stuff on the computer, listening in on the interview, while the assistant manager asked me STAR type questions. (Basically, you answer giving the situation, what you did, and what the results were). The other questions were about my availability, Why I would want to work at Walgreens, my interests, and how I feel Walgreens could help me achieve my goals or further my career. After that I was asked if I had any questions, and the interview was over.

I was called the same day (actually only minutes after the interview, but I was already gone) and offered the position, contingent upon me passing a drug test and background check. I was asked to come in that same day to start the paperwork, to complete Step 3 (which at this point is simply accepting the offer), and once I clicked and accepted the offer, my background check started processing right away. They then give you a form that you have to take to a drug testing center, which I did next day because the place was already going to close. They told me it would take up to a week for everything to come back, but for me it cleared within 24 hours of me doing the drug test. The BG check AND Drug Screening cleared simultaneously.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you had a conflict with another co-worker. What was the situation, and how did you resolve it?   View Answer

Market Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

I applied online and was contacted by a market scheduler a few days later. We set up a time to speak on the phone and she told me a bit more about the pharmacist position available and the locations the floater pharmacist would be expected to cover in this district. After I expressed interest to continue forward with the application process, the market scheduler presented me with the options of a phone interview or an onsite interview at their district office. They were accommodating with scheduling an onsite interview that fit with both our schedules. I interviewed with the district manager and the standard questions were asked. Tell me about your pharmacy career. What do you like about pharmacy? What is one thing you would like to change with retail pharmacy? What questions do you have?

Everyone I interacted with on the phone and onsite was cordial and my interviewer was welcoming and bright.

I received a rejection letter about a week and a half after my interview.

Pharmacist- New Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

I applied through Walgreen's website and heard back from them in about 2 weeks. The District Manager that contacted me was only available through phone, so I scheduled a phone interview with them. The actual phone interview took about 30 minutes or so and the District Manager was very nice. She talked a lot about what the job entails and which location she is hiring for. As for the actual interview part, she only asked three questions and wants specific examples, preferably from work experience in the pharmacy.

Interview Questions
    • Questions asked:
      Think of the qualities that you like from your past preceptors. What are they and why?
      Tell me a time where you witnessed bad customer service. What did you do?
      Why retail pharmacy?

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I completed the online test. Maybe 2 weeks later I went in to take the in store assessment. It took maybe 40 minutes. The manager looked at my results & I was qualified, she set up an interview with me for the next day. I got on the train & she calls to ask if I had time to interview so I ran back. I was interviewed for about 1/2 an hour & then she gave me the forms for a drug test. Took the test the following day & I was scheduled to start work 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • Manager gives you a list of things to do before your lunch break & then comes to you with an urgent task, which do you do first? A customer is irate, how do you deal with them? Tell me about yourself. What would your previous employer say about you?   Answer Question
    She asked when I was available, I told her I was a student & was available thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday. She was very flexible with me.

Chat Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Fill out an app online and then you wait for an email. They will call you to schedule a phone interview. If you pass that you come in for computer testing. If you pass that, the you have an in person view with any supervisor or HR person. It's very easy and straight forward.

No negotiation

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I applied online, and after 2 days I got a call from the pharmacy saying that I should go into a walgreens to complete the skills assessment. After completing the assessment, I got another call for an interview. The interview took about 15 - 20 minutes. After the interview, she told me they have other interviews set up, and will give me a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a colleague asked you for help, but you were not able to help them.
      Tell me about a time when there was a problem at work, and what actions you took to solve the problem.
      Tell me about a time when you weren't able to communicate with a customer. What did you do and was it effective?

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

There really wasn't a formal interview. I was recommended by a friend who was a current employee, and I was essentially called in to start my paperwork. I was only asked two questions: why do you want to work for Walgreens, and how long do you plan to stay with the company. They care more about your personality than any skills you may or may not have.

This was my first job at 16 years old, so I didn't attempt to negotiate. Judging by my experience over the next 11 years, I doubt they would have entertained any negotiation at the time of hire.

ASMt Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Was called for interview and hired instantly due to my experience. You must apply online due to their policy. If you're called then you meet with a manager from one of the stores but not necessarily the one you'll be working for. You meet in the store's office with the manager one on one. You have to ask personality questions and they basically want to know how you would solve problems presented to you as a manager.

Interview Questions
    • There are several questionnaires online you must answer, one with a timed math portion. But the in-person interview questions were mostly about how would you handle different scenarios with customers.

Make sure you learn some info about the company prior to your interview. I didn't do enough research and had to improvise on the fly.

No negotiation.

Management Interview

completed a long time ago. at the time, it was unstructured. spoke with several people before interviewing with hiring manager. the whole process, at the time, took several weeks to conclude.