Walgreens

2.4

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

You first have to be hired as an Assistant Store manager Trainee

Interview Questions
    • this is a behavioral interview and relies on experiences, so be prepared!   Answer Question
    pay is 1461 for working 88 hours every 2 weeks.... this is a salary position and you will only be making the equivalent of $16.20 per hour.... :( I only accepted because I thought the pay would be more. HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED.... USE CAUTION!!!

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Hiring process was fairly straight forward. Walked in a local store and applied at the computer in the office. There was an easy skills test and a semi-lengthy personality test. Applied for three locations and received a call about a week later asking for me to come in for an interview. Interview was short and sweet, and I was officially hired about a week later after passing a drug test. Manager seemed more interested in hiring someone with experience than anything else, but I also got the feeling that they look for personable people, customer service being their main priority. Luckily I had/have both.

Interview Questions
    • Questions weren't anything unexpected or difficult. Describing a situation where you made a mistake can be a little tricky to word properly.   View Answer

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Had a job fair at my university. Three of the top store managers in the my district came to talk to people about opportunities. I left them my name and two days later got a call asking if I wanted a job. I went into the store that needed a position filled. Talked to the store manager for 5 minutes and then handed me my drug test form.

Starting wage was firm.

Java Developer - ECommerce Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Took 2 weeks for a recruiter & Walgreens HR at their headquarters to arrange for an interview. Finally, the IT manager found time after another week. It seemed to be a good fit for my Java skillset. However, I was told that 90% of development is done in India. My job would be to review their work, help with operations 24/7 and participate in Agile sprints late at night with their offshore team. The IT manager was difficult to understand with her thick accent, so working with a large offshore team didn't sound like it would be easy communication. I'm still waiting for feedback and/or offer, but I kind of hope I don't get one. I always dreamed of working for Walgreens IT ... what a letdown.

Interview Questions
    • Quick 1/2 interview covering my technical experiences. Most difficult ... how did I help performance & how did I code a timeout for an Ajax call.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Simple interview. Before an interview with a manager I had to take a skill test that took me about 45 minutes to complete. Had me use the computer at the photo lab which was awkward because customers thought I was an associate. Maybe it was a test?

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. The most unexpected one had something to do with a situation in which someone asked you for help and you refused.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate anything. They haven't really given me much information about the job yet, honestly.

Beauty Advisor Walgreens Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Very quick , submitted online application , called within 36 hrs and interviewed within 48 hrs. easy questions.passed drug test and was hired within 5 days of application. very pleasant experience.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Called me in due to my online application. Interview was actually in the back of the store and not in the office. Very unprofessional, didn't ask a lot. Ended up hiring me for a minimum wage position in the store that I wasn't qualified for even though my application was exclusively for the pharmacy. Huge waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • "You're okay with not actually working in the Pharmacy, right?"   View Answers (2)

I can't accept a minimum wage job considering my certifications and experiences, and the whole process was very unprofessional.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

Long delay in initial contact from recruiter. Phone screen is initial step. Then several panel interviews (with people from different parts of the organization). Process is lengthy, but each step does give you the opportunity to discuss your experience with more people, which I believe helps the candidate determine if the company is a good fit for them.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation, but don't ever skip this phase when looking for a job.

Assistant Manager In Training Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

I applied for the ASM-T position 10/26/2013, I received confirmation 11/13/2013 that I was selected to move on to the 2nd portion of the testing ( Math ). I took the test 11/21/2013. 11/29/2013 I was told my interview would be held 12/02/2013.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't as I expected, they were way more specific/detailed and rather confusing   Answer Question
    No negotiation, I was offered $16.50

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

My local Walgreens had a sign on the door stating "Now Hiring". I needed a job, and I certainly visit the store enough (5 minutes from my house), so why not? I filled out the application and job assessment at my home on line, and then went to the store where I had to take an additional test, which can only be done there (also on line). I also brought in my resume, which an assistant manager gave to the store manager, who I had not yet met.

I got a call from the store manager a few days later, and after completing all of the online tests, he called me back for an interview, which I went to today. The manager was was cordial and professional, and we had a nice chat. Frankly, as a former business owner and manager I am rather over qualified for the position, but when one needs a job, one is not fussy. This looks like a good fit for me.

He got me set up to complete the application and take the drug test at a nearby lab, we shook hands and that was that. A very nice experience, considering it was my first job interview in 35 years!

Interview Questions
    I have not done that yet. Once I get a green light on the background and drug testing (no worries there) I'll have a chat about it. For now, I just need to get my foot in the door. The manager was very specific that they promote from within.