Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Oct 23, 2014
Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.4

Purchasing Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

Basic behavioral questions- Why do you want to work at walgreens, "Describe a time" format. Make sure to give answers in Situation, Action, Result format. The person interviewing me was not prepared...

Certified Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Company is no longer hiring outside candidates for most management positions. If you they do, they force you to be an assistant before bringing you back to store manager if you were one before joining the company.

Interview Questions
    • Store Managers ask their own questions for general staff. For management applicants, its ALL behavioral questions. You better understand the format, as they will fail you nearly instantly if you don't answer in the 3 part format they want; describe the experience, explain your action, tell us the outcome. Not hard, but you BETTER not forget the outcome after telling a long story.   Answer Question
    Started as an MGT (position no longer exists) at $15.85/hr. Ending as an assistant manager at $23/hr

Service Clerk Interview

Getting hired at the entry level of the company is very easy for the right person the question asked are fairly simple and common sense their is a questionnaire that only a fool would get wrong. Basically they are looking for individuals who do not oppose to just working like they need the job meaning do the best that u can.

Photo Specialist Interview

Filled out online application. Took online test. Had to apply to specific Walgreens store. Called in to take (inshore) online test {available via intranet-only}. Had to return a second time because computers were down (due to weather)<literally>.Called in for face-to-face interview. Took Drug test. Then one more face interview with store manager and assistant store manager.

ASMt Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

First is a phone interview. Basic questions. Not hard at all. Then got a call for a second interview with two community leaders which are a step above the store manager. Not a easy interview because they read straight from the paper and jot down notes. Really dont look up from the paper. Asked situational question. Using the 5 star method is very helpful. Look it up if you dont know what it is. Lasted about 40 min. Make sure you have questions to ask them after the interview. Have at least 5 ready. they said the would contact me the beginning of the following month which was 2 weeks later. But go a call the next week with the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult but it wasnt easy. Really have to be on your toes. Dont be scared to ask for clarification of the question. Make the interview as a conversation than an interrogation. One question was, "Have you ever had to deal with an angry customer, if so how did you handle the situation and what was the positive or negative outcome."   View Answer
    None.

Supervisor Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs. More »

Interview Questions
    They were pretty flexible with negotiation. They meet me where I needed to be.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Very good interview--10 questions, all behavioral based i.e. "name a time when. . . " People were friendly and employees seemed to enjoy working there (saw a lot of smiles, joking with each other in the hallway, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go against policy and why.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online. Got a call in two days, and was able to come in that next day for an interview. I went in an did an assessment that basically talked about what you would do in certain situations and for us pharmacy techs, it asked us some questions as to how many drops we would give so-so person and which medicine would expire the latest, etc. I was then just asked basic questions you would be asked during any interview (availability, when could you be hired on, etc.) They also ask you about different scenarios and to relate them to your prior work/school experience. He said that since I am certified, I will get an extra $1 an hour and that being certified does help out in the long run. I was told that I would find out later that day whether or not I got the job. Overall, the interview rook an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were most helpful in a prior job experience and how did you know it was helpful?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Training Instructor Interview

Short phone interview from HR. Live training demo after interview. You will be asked to complete a short ppt and present to a group on any aspect of customer service.

None. Set start salary.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Two interviews are conducted. You apply and then wait for a call from the store.The first interview is getting to know you and many questions are asked. Hiring and interview process is pretty good and the process went pretty smoothly. It is a good idea to talk about any research you did and maybe follow up with a thank you note. Also smiling and being positive. And be ready to answer their questions and have good questions to ask. That's what helped me out.