Walgreens

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.4

Cashier Interview

I applied online on Saturday Got an email the next day saying I had too come in to any walgreens store to do an assessment I've been busy that day so I planned on going the following day but I got a call from them saying if I was still interested in the job and if could make in for an interview. Wen in the next day for my interview I did an assessment first it's just a bunch of questions of how you would handle thing just basic customer questions "what would you do" and math questions as well!! Manager said he will give me a call if I got the position or not I'm crossing my fingers!! Still awaiting for his call! :/

Pharmacy Technician Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I met with the Pharmacy manager to set up my hours for externship. I was fresh out of an accelerated PT course and ended up completing my required 300 hours of externship here. The first few days were spent learning their pharmacy software through a training software in their small, cold room that sat off the main office. The Pharmacy I externed at was the busiest Walgreens, pharmacy period in town. They were always busy and understaffed especially with Pharamicts. There was only two hours per day that 2 Pharamicts were clocked in together but one was usually off doing counts or shuffling papers. I had to jump right in and what probably saved my butt was taking notes. After finishing my 300 hours of free labor they were having a hiring freeze. It took five months later for them to call me and offer me a job (I was job searching and had interviews during that time but nothing was biting). Since the Pharmacy Manager had already seen me in action, there was no formal interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

First I applied online and completed a skills assessment test. That same day a manager called to set up an interview but informed me I had to go to a local Walgreens and take a second skills assessment test before he could interview me. So I went to the store an hour before my interview and took the test. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the store manager. We did a behaviorial interview. It was only 3 questions in which he described a certain situation and I had to tell him how.I would handle it. Pretty simple. He offered me the job, I accepted. Next step is going to a facility to take a drug test after that the background check and you're good to go !

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. He explained how they was looking for an open amd flexible person as far as scheduling and what the postion consisted of. I liked what was heard so I accepted the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

The hiring manager was a really friendly, down to Earth guy. Asked basic questions about myself then he had a clipboard of Walgreens mandatory questions. A lot of questions like "tell me about a time you....." (referring to previous work experience). They recommend you go in and take a personality/skills test immediately after you apply, make sure you do it before your interview!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to train someone who wasn't grasping the concepts.   Answer Question

I had already accepted another job offer by time he called me back.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

I was called in for an interview by Jackie, she was very friendly over the phone. I went in the same day I applied for the job, and Jackie and I sat down in her office and she started off by just asking me a few basic questions. We got to talking about real life things, and we totally hit it off! We talked about how we were the same age, sign, and a few other things we had in common. the interview seemed more like I wassitting there chatting with my best friend!! We were laughing and just talking like old friends!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Submitted online application, they called a day later and said to come in the closest store to take the skills assessment. As soon as I finished the assessment the assistant manager of a nearby store called and asked if I could come for an interview. A day after that interview I got a call from the manager for another interview. She hired me on the spot and said I had 48 hours to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly behavioral questions, the only "real" interview question was "Why do you want to work for Walgreens?"   View Answer

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

A few weeks after filling out the application* on the Walgreen's Careers website, I received an email from the district supervisor for my area, We had several correspondences, and she was flexible enough to arrange for an interview time that fit my school schedule.

During the interview, she was personable and friendly. She asked general questions about when I would be willing to work and about the pharmacy school I was attending. Also, she asked me a couple of questions about my resume, which I had handed to her at the start of my interview. Then, she consulted a paper and asked me a few formal interview questions. For example, "What is good customer service?" and "Tell me your strengths."

After the interview, my interviewer also gave me tips about how to improve my interviewing skills and experience.

*Of note, you need to complete the skills test at an actual Walgreen's store. Just walk in and look for the store manager. Tell him/her you are applying for a job at Walgreen's and need to take a skills test

Interview Questions
    • What is one time when you had to deal with a difficult person? It doesn't have to be related to work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I received an email with the job offer and a link. I clicked on the link and answered a few questions to accept.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online for the pharmacy technician position through the Walgreen's website for two of their stores in my local area. Within 48 hours I got a phone call from one of the stores letting me know I would need to come in to take a skills test to move forward with the interview process. I arrived at the store and a shift manager took me to the back to take the test. The questions were all easy. Basic math in the form of being able to make the correct change and several questions that show you're capable of reading dosages and other information off a prescription bottle. Within 24 hours of taking the skills test I was called by the store manager wanting to set up an interview. I was called on Friday and the interview was scheduled for Tuesday morning. I was brought into the manager's office where a pleasant lady was having trouble getting the printer to print out the interview questions. She asked me to click print again while she was working on the printer. This gave me a view of all the interview questions to be asked and how she was expected to rate them. Pro advice, for each story or account you tell the manager you're basically graded on a 1-4 or 5 point system with 1 being a weak or almost irrelevant response and 5 being a "Response directly related to the question while including many specific details" So she asked all the behavioral and customer service questions and seemed to like me considering I have years of retail and sales experience. She then proceeded to tell me all the responsibilities of working at Walgreen's. Pure customer service, trying to sell the loyalty card, stocking shelves, cleaning floors, keeping a flexible schedule. It was this particular manager's policy that everyone works on holidays in order to "Keep everyone happy so there are no arguments about who gets what holiday off." Basically she schedules everyone and people work 2-3 hour shifts on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years day. Then comes the long "soooooooo," and she drops the bomb. "We don't actually have a pharmacy technician position available. I'm looking for a cashier and it pays $7.75 an hour for 10-15 hours a week." I told her that would not work for me as I wouldn't be able to keep my current part time job and this position wouldn't pay enough to give it up. She then explains that "someone" is supposed to be making a transfer and she may have full time. I told her I might be interested in full time but that would be the only way to make the position work with that level of pay. She called me back the next day leaving me a message to call the store about taking the position. I called the number she left me and got no answer and no voice mail. I looked up the store number online and called it again with no answer or voice mail. I tried this again the following day. The third day I get a message from the store manager telling me that if she doesn't hear from me by the end of the day she will assume I'm not interested in the job. I tried to call the store back for what is the fourth time, again no answer, no voice mail. In the end I couldn't even get a hold of a store manager at Walgreen's in order to turn down a position.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to interact with a customer that you difficulty or no way to communicate with?"   View Answer

You work on all major holidays, inflexible scheduling makes it almost impossible to work a second part time job. Poor communication with management but most of all absolutely pitiful pay ($7.75 h/r) for what is expected of you in a retail environment. The local BBQ hut is hiring a dishwasher/order prep for $8.00 h/r.

Finance and Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair, applied online, selected for an interview but given last minute notice of recruiting prenight. Interview included questions aimed far more at experienced hires and the interviewer was unnecessarily intense.

Interview Questions
    • What accounting standard do you see as the future and what challenges does it pose?   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

workplace was professional and respectful towards customers due the different backgrounds of employees there. everyone does their best to help the customers with limited time while trying to finish daily work list.

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate due to having enough employers and gave flexible hours.