Walgreens

Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.4

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

They ask fairly standard interview questions but are required to ask candidates the same questions in order to be fair. I liked that the questions were standard so that you could prepare for them and it also gave you the opportunity to explain what skills you offer as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when a colleague asked for your help and you did not help them?" This question was difficult because the intent of the question was not clear. I was not sure if it meant, "Explain a time when you were not a helpful employee" or "Explain a time when you had to prioritize your tasks before helping another employee who should already know how to do his tasks." I asked for clarification and my interviewer also was unsure.   Answer Question
    They forgot to tell me what my pay rate was. I didn't get a chance to get a hold of them until the day I was being entered into the system and I asked them my pay rate. I was intending on negotiating a bit more than 10.25$ an hour but I figured I'd wait sometime to prove myself and ask for more.

Sales Associate Interview

computer test and interview. I failed my computer test pshh whatever that means. It had stupid personality quizzes but based on the people who they hire clearly that stupid test is wrong. I guess I messed up on the arithmetic I just thought the whole thing was stupid. good job for students

Interview Questions
    • none everything is stupid. is all about you having open availability and being dependent on the job and having nowhere to go. they like people like that   Answer Question
    none

Graduate Pharmacist Interview

Very straight forward, all behavioral/situational questions. I've worked with the company for 9 years already and interviewing for a pharmacist position was mostly a formality at that point. The offer is confusing, as there is no expiration on it. It will expire when all available positions are filled, kind of forcing to you commit before you hear back from other prospective employers.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me about a time you had to assess the efficiency of something"   Answer Question

SFL Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

they ask behavioral questions. i believe they asked 5 questions focusing on team leadership, customer service, behavioral questions, judgemental questions. we need to provide examples or experience on these questions.

Finance Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens.

I went through a university recruiter at a career fair and got the interview a few weeks later. The interview itself is pretty generic, a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions. What annoyed me most was the lack of communication on their end. I emailed my interviewer afterwards thanking him and I received no reply. 2 weeks later I had heard nothing about the position and emailed asking about a decision and never got a reply. I understand that not everyone can get a position but I find it incredibly unprofessional that they failed to ever communicate with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you let down a team and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Shift Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview happened in the stock room because there were currently people occupied in the room they usually interview in. It was a two person interview, they both took turns to ask questions. Overall the interview was pretty simple. They told me that shift lead needs to sometimes work the grave yard shift, including opening the store, closing the store, etc. Told me that you do not stay still most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Then they asked my availability. They questioned if I can do it as I am a full time student. After explaining what the job does and everything, they asked me if I have any questions, which I did. How much per hour? They said $13.75. They then said they have a few more interviews still have yet to be done and they will give me a call back if I get the job or not.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, nothing too hard but it kinda was intimidating as you get tag teamed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I got:

What does the job title shift lead mean to you?

What is your availability?

Name a time where you led a group or team of people.

Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online on Saturday Got an email the next day saying I had too come in to any walgreens store to do an assessment I've been busy that day so I planned on going the following day but I got a call from them saying if I was still interested in the job and if could make in for an interview. Wen in the next day for my interview I did an assessment first it's just a bunch of questions of how you would handle thing just basic customer questions "what would you do" and math questions as well!! Manager said he will give me a call if I got the position or not I'm crossing my fingers!! Still awaiting for his call! :/

Pharmacy Technician Extern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I met with the Pharmacy manager to set up my hours for externship. I was fresh out of an accelerated PT course and ended up completing my required 300 hours of externship here. The first few days were spent learning their pharmacy software through a training software in their small, cold room that sat off the main office. The Pharmacy I externed at was the busiest Walgreens, pharmacy period in town. They were always busy and understaffed especially with Pharamicts. There was only two hours per day that 2 Pharamicts were clocked in together but one was usually off doing counts or shuffling papers. I had to jump right in and what probably saved my butt was taking notes. After finishing my 300 hours of free labor they were having a hiring freeze. It took five months later for them to call me and offer me a job (I was job searching and had interviews during that time but nothing was biting). Since the Pharmacy Manager had already seen me in action, there was no formal interview.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raymore, MO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

The hiring manager was a really friendly, down to Earth guy. Asked basic questions about myself then he had a clipboard of Walgreens mandatory questions. A lot of questions like "tell me about a time you....." (referring to previous work experience). They recommend you go in and take a personality/skills test immediately after you apply, make sure you do it before your interview!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to train someone who wasn't grasping the concepts.   Answer Question

I had already accepted another job offer by time he called me back.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

First I applied online and completed a skills assessment test. That same day a manager called to set up an interview but informed me I had to go to a local Walgreens and take a second skills assessment test before he could interview me. So I went to the store an hour before my interview and took the test. Afterwards, I was interviewed by the store manager. We did a behaviorial interview. It was only 3 questions in which he described a certain situation and I had to tell him how.I would handle it. Pretty simple. He offered me the job, I accepted. Next step is going to a facility to take a drug test after that the background check and you're good to go !

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an angry customer ?   View Answer
    The negotiation phase was pretty simple. He explained how they was looking for an open amd flexible person as far as scheduling and what the postion consisted of. I liked what was heard so I accepted the job.