Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2014
Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.4

Supervisor Interview

The first step in the hiring process is, of course, to apply for jobs and to get your application into contention for the jobs you are interested in. Here's a step by step guide to apply for a job, including how to apply for a job online, how to fill out a job application, how to write job application letters, and tips and advice for applying for jobs. More »

Interview Questions
    They were pretty flexible with negotiation. They meet me where I needed to be.

Human Resources Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Very good interview--10 questions, all behavioral based i.e. "name a time when. . . " People were friendly and employees seemed to enjoy working there (saw a lot of smiles, joking with each other in the hallway, etc.)

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to go against policy and why.   Answer Question

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online. Got a call in two days, and was able to come in that next day for an interview. I went in an did an assessment that basically talked about what you would do in certain situations and for us pharmacy techs, it asked us some questions as to how many drops we would give so-so person and which medicine would expire the latest, etc. I was then just asked basic questions you would be asked during any interview (availability, when could you be hired on, etc.) They also ask you about different scenarios and to relate them to your prior work/school experience. He said that since I am certified, I will get an extra $1 an hour and that being certified does help out in the long run. I was told that I would find out later that day whether or not I got the job. Overall, the interview rook an hour.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were most helpful in a prior job experience and how did you know it was helpful?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Training Instructor Interview

Short phone interview from HR. Live training demo after interview. You will be asked to complete a short ppt and present to a group on any aspect of customer service.

None. Set start salary.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Two interviews are conducted. You apply and then wait for a call from the store.The first interview is getting to know you and many questions are asked. Hiring and interview process is pretty good and the process went pretty smoothly. It is a good idea to talk about any research you did and maybe follow up with a thank you note. Also smiling and being positive. And be ready to answer their questions and have good questions to ask. That's what helped me out.

Certified Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Destin, FL

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Walgreens.

I went through corporate recruiter. Then sent to a store to be interviewed by store manager. No questions out of ordinary, many of the managers started out at clerks and do not have college degree's, it is all promotion from within.

No negotiation, it is done by pay scale.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied for this position on a whim, not knowing for sure whether they were hiring or not. The very next morning I got a call from the manager inviting me to come by the store to complete an assessment on their computer. Half of the assessment were multiple choice behavior-related questions (along the lines of "what would you do if you suspected a customer was stealing?", etc.) The other half consisted of math questions, some of which were exteremely basic, but the others- not so much. I was lucky I have brought a calculator with me, because it really came in handy for the " make change with the least number of bills/coins possible". The numbers in those questions were completely random, like $63.07 and $34.92, and I haven't had to practice mental math like that since my elementary school years.
    The manager checked my assessment score right away, told me I did excellent, and scheduled me for an interview at a later date. However, I was already getting strong vibes that I would be hired, because she already started discussing with me specificaly what days and hoe many hours I'd be able to work, and seemed very excited that I was interested in the job.
    The interview was very casual. The manager mostly just asked me to elaborate on some things I have mentioned on my application, and asked about my availability. She then said she was ready to hire me, and got me to electronically sign some more documents on the store computer, basically confirming that I accepted the job offer. The last step was just doing the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work here?/ The math questions (BRING A CALCULATOR!)   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician (Not Certified) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

did app online and got a call the very next day. i originally applied for a cashier customer service position. after going in to finish the in store assessment questions i was offered a higher paying position(pharmacy tech)

Interview Questions
    • no questions where unexpected. the manager doing my interview was laid back and made the interview process go verry easy and smoothly.he was super friendly and made me feel like i was apart of the team.   Answer Question
    manager who origanlly did my interview offered me 10.95. becuase my something was wrong with my app i had to do it all over. the second time i came in the store manger only offered me 10.00. i told him of my previous offer and he told me " this is what im offdering, do you want the job or not?" i was mad and felt belittled, but i took the job because ive been unemployeed for a while and need one. i know now to get EVERYTHING in writting.

Store Team Lead Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Basic what would you do questions. They don't care about answers, just answer every part of queation. Usually a 3 part question. They just want to see if you follow directions by answering all parts

Interview Questions
    • There were really no difficult questions. As I stated just make sure to answer all parts. Name a time when, what did you do, what was the outcome. Other than that you must be available nights weekends and holidays. You will work all of these and every holiday.   Answer Question
    None

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

No questions really because of my past work experience. Although I have talked to others and they had many questions and more than one manager present. Very laid back atmosphere for me. I have seen others apply and dress in very casual attire, some jeans, which got hired and I was very surprised. Most of the interview is really the test that a prospective applicant takes for final consideration. It was not timed which I did not know so I rushed though it but passed.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you interested in working?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Every cashier starts at 8.25 hr.