Walgreens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Champaign, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

Interview Details – I had a friend who worked at the Walgreens on campus. She told me to apply online and the following day I went into the store to take the skills assessment test. Walgreens called me about 2-3 days later scheduling to interview me. I was hired the next day.

Interview Question – They told me to try to upsell candy to them.   Answer Question

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick phone conversation, then a one-on-one with hiring manager. The entire process will take a while as they will have to interview other people, and then there is the drug testing. You will be expected to help out in the pharmacy from time to time.

Interview Question – I really don't remember, but nothing strange. Name one area where you can improve...that sort of thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really. Wages seem to be quite uniform across stores.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Process took one week, laid back. Minimal questions. More focused on what I planned to do in the future and how might that affect the position if it was accepted.

Interview Question – How do you handle being yelled at?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2010.

Interview Details – Usually one to two interviews. Must pass drug test and background check. References and last employers will be called.
Each store does the hiring for their own store for the Shift Lead position now. Sometimes a Community Leader will help with the hiring process of Shift Leads. Shift Leads are a store position now and do not get transferred around every six months, although, transfers are possible, but now it is the responibility of the Shift Lead to find a store to move to.
All the questions on the interview are designed to standard across all candidates. The questions change every month, and the interview process must be started over if it extends past the last day of the month.

Interview Question – No one question is hard, but you must come up with an anwser for all questions. Questions usually ask about past experiences and how you affected the outcome.   View Answer

ASMt Interview

ASMt
Flint, MI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Interview Details – Phone call to set up interview, intervew took about 30 minutes, very thorough. They ask about 10 questions and write down your responses. They're very understanding about nerves and try to help you sell yourself.

Interview Question – The way they do interviews now are known as situation, behavior, outcome. What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcomes?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't a real negotiation. You're basically told what you'll be applying for and what you'll get paid.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, called me in for an interview after a month. Completed an in-store computer assessment testing things such as counting and customer service. Interview was with the pharmacy manager. It was short (~10 min). She seemed very relaxed but also unorganized.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work in pharmacy?
What are your weaknesses?
Give an example of when you had to deal with conflict?
  Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
Decatur, IL

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email stating that I had to come to a local store to complete an assessment. The assessment was fairly easy and took abut 20-30 minutes. It asked multiple questions about customer service. It also asked you how to make the correct change and also had you view coupons and stores codes. After the assessment the manager told me they weren't hiring, but my application will sent to all of the Walgreens in my area.

Interview Question – Didn't get a one on one interview yet.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call and scheduled an in person interview.
Didn't really get asked any questions about myself or my previous experience. The manager was nice, but didn't seem particularly organized. The store itself is also very small.

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted the app online and selected many stores in my area. A week later, a manager called and asked if I'd come in for an interview. I met with the Store Manager in the back office. It was my mistake that I did not come with a printout with my resume. I expected to get some backlash for this. I did not; however, expect the Manager to have no prior knowledge of me what-so-ever. Since he wasn't prepared for me, I felt like I ended up asking him more questions. He was very friendly and nice. I just wish their was a little more structure. He then called me 2 days later for a second interview. I arrived to hear it was just a meeting to offer me the job. He then sent me to a drug screening and background check.

Interview Question – 1. Why do you want to work for Walgreens? It is so basic but it completely caught me off guard. I just wanted to laugh and say 'because I need money and you were the first to call for an interview'.
2. Give me an example of your experience with a difficult customer.
3. Give me an example of how you have trained an employee on down time.
Then be prepared to ask them a lot of questions. They like to talk :)
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The store is open 365 days a year, I would be one of 3 total managers- I was never going to get a weekend or a holiday off for the rest of my Walgreens' career. $11/hr for that sacrifice is not worth it to me.

Certified Executive Assistant Manager Interview

Certified Executive Assistant Manager
Tampa, FL

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – Behavioral Interview - Standard " Tell me about a time questions" Use the S.T.A.R method to answer ..be as detailed as possible. I will list a few of the questions, but be prepared for more than what is listed.

Interview Question – -Tell me about a time you had trouble leading a project or team? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

-Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with your supervisor? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?

-Tell me about a time you exceeded someone's expectations? How did you handle it and what was the outcome?
  View Answer