Walgreens Interview Questions

2.4

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I contacted the area supervisor directly and was asked to send my CV and complete the online application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview within a few days. The interview was very straightforward, beginning with a few questions the supervisor had, followed by a set of standardized Walgreens questions that were typical of what one would expect to be asked. Everyone at the office was very professional and courteous. Follow-up took two weeks at which time I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult or unexpected. They were all very standard questions.   Answer Question
    An offer letter was sent, which you could either accept or decline.

Maintenance Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

The process was very long and drawn out. They will initially work through their in house recruiters who are slow to respond. Once an interview is scheduled it can take up to a month to even hear anything back from the company. The individuals had no idea about the position they were hiring for and the questions asked were caned questions

Interview Questions
    They made an offer and if you did not like they said take it or leave it.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Geneva, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Geneva, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I applied on-line. I got a call the next day and an interview was set up for the next week. When I got there for my interview I was brought into a room to do a skill assessment. I had to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come in and see if I was finished. We did an interview after that. I was asked 5 of the behavioral questions. I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you did that helped an employee.   View Answer

Function Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

Started with an hour long phone interview with the corp recruiter, she asked basic situational questions to get a feel of my background and experience. Very simple and easy. After I was given and onsite interview with the HR manager and Operations Manager. This was about an hour and a half long, again very easy asking situational questions, just remember to use the STAR format and you'll be fine. I was also interviewing for the I/O Ops Mgr position as well so, after that interview about 30 days later I was scheduled to interview with the GM and Mgr of Ops. This was about 2 hours, situational just like the rest very easy interview.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions all situational and experience based   View Answer
    No negotiation, the corp HR called and made the offer, the offer was very good so I did not attempt to get more. However, she told me it was something I should have negotiated during the interview. I asked for a signing bonus and was told that had to be discussed at the interview.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Apply on walgreens.com, choose your desired, locations (up to 3), answer survey questions, previous work experience, basic information and demographics. Within a week or two, one of your 3 locations will call to do a one-on-one interview. It was very brief, short, non-intimidating, friendly interview with the store manager and pharmacy manager.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

The interview will take place in the office and will follow the STAR format. They will ask behavioral questions such tell me about a time when you where put into a difficult situation? How did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Depending on the division and department, there will be one key interviewer. Best to go through a recruiting company to get in on a contract to hire. Not much chance for a direct hire unless you know someone who recommends you.

CPhT Interview

Applied online, called in for interview a few days later. Had to go in for a skills assessment to the location I applied to. Very quick process and friendly staff and managers.

Pharmacy Interview

Was referred to pharmacy manager by a family friend, called and spoke with the manager and she told me to wait a couple weeks before she could review my already submitted online application. Called me back approx. 4 weeks later and offered to schedule an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had to collaborate with a team to solve an issue together. How did you go about doing this?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

The process has probably changed by now, since the MGT position was eliminated, but I received a call from the district manager, and had two interviews with different store managers before my final interview with the district manager.