Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.4

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I had to fill out an online application and then go to a store and complete a skills assessment. Within a week I was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked a lot of behavioral questions and asked if I would be able to work nights and weekends. The work is easy, so they were basically just looking for someone reliable. After the interview, about a week later, I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested in the position and he wanted to know when I could start. Then I had to take a drug test, so I could officially start.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was a little bit over minimum wage.

Nurse Practitioner Interview

The interviewer wanted to interview at Panera Bread during Lunchtime. While interviewing, he was reading written questions and then looking around the dining room, ignoring me, slow to respond to questions. This is a horrible company to work for. I have a professional degree and was treated like someone at a fast food service restaurant. They talk about caring and wellness but do nothing to assist the professionals in their takecare health/walgreens clinic in processing patients. If you try to transfer, it can be up to a year before that goes thru and only if you stay on top of it. Managers could care less about individuals. Managers lie, fabricate the truth to avoid responsibility.

m

Photo Specialist/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Hiring process was super easy! Apply online and call the local store or go in to take your skills assessment. After the assessment your called for a 1:1 interview. I was offered the position on the spot and given the drug test paperwork. The test and background check was quick and I was able to start working the same week it was received

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't any really difficult questions if you have any customer service background.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
    A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

The interview process was 3 weeks. I completed the online application along with in store assessment. I received an email from walgreens after i completed the online application to complete in store assessment. I went to nearby walgreens and asked the manager for the assessment. He set up the test which was fair and simple. After a week, I followed up and he set up an interview next week. The interview contained expected questions and was taken by business manager and pharmacy manager. It had the situation questions and a few personal questions. Both of them were very warm and welcoming. Later, I was given the pharmacy tour. I was told that I would be getting an answer by the end of next week,. A week later, I got the email from them for the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult. Just be yourself. No need to be fake or try to please. Be honest and forthright.   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate!

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

It takes about 3 weeks to get into the Walgreen's company on the store level, even when the store manager has said that the specific store is desperately in need of a few new people right away. The online application is very long but it can be completed in your home or at the store. However, you have to go into the store to complete more online testing and then finally you can meet with the manager for a moment to schedule an interview and get the questions that you have answered. The interview

Interview Questions
    • Will you accept a lower position to start with minimum pay and work your way up in the company over time?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate hours and shifts to work. I was able to negotiate advancement in the company but what I did not have worked out because the assistant manager I was negotiating with did not first check if it was available to me for certain and it turned out that out was not available. Always ask to have the top manager finalize your offer and acceptance.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   View Answer

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Hiring manager very non attentive during interview. Cell phone went off several times so she missed some answers that were given. It felt like the interview was over before it began. I was very shocked at the unprofessional attitude displayed by someone who holds such a high position there.

SALES CLERK Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malden, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

I filled out the first portion online, then went into the store a few days later to complete the second part. Went back a few days later to ask the manager if there was anything else I could do to move on in the next step, she said she would take a look at my application and scheduled me in for an interview. Went to the interview but the manager said they were looking for people with more availability.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens.

applied online, did skills test in-store, one on one interview, drug test, and background check, job offer your dealing with money and meds so it was pretty much as expected

Interview Questions
    • the basic whats your best and worst asset never very good at that question   Answer Question
    No negotiation have base starting pay and pay caps for each position