Walgreens

718 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

District Loss Prevention Manager Interview

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – It's an extremely long process that begins with phone screening from HR. From there, you may be interviewed by a few people who currently hold the position or you may go directly to the hiring manager, the Market Loss Prevention Director.

The interviews are strictly behavioral and the interviewer has a set of guidelines to use in rating your answer. Be sure to use the STAR technique, because that's how you will be rated.

Interview Question – Just be sure to have plenty of example stories of how you handled a difficult situation, communications challenges, and getting indirect reports to follow your guidance.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very little room for negotiation. They're pretty set on the band and cluster you'll fit into based on the position.

Very Difficult Interview

Corporate Internship Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's website and got a campus interview. The interviewer was straight forward with the questions and the setup. They ask you a question, listen to your answer, and grade you on a scale of 1-5 and they circle it on the interview packet (that you are not supposed to see)

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you had to deal with hostile customers.

Tell me about a time when your classmate or coworker was in disagreement with a customer. What did you do to deal with it?

Tell me about a time you faced a customer with unreasonable demands.

Tell me about a task you took and was on a very short deadline. Were you successful?

Tell me about a time you were a leader and your team was very unmotivated to do something. What did you do and what was the result?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Beauty Advisor Interview

Beauty Advisor
College Station, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Interview Details – Completed application and testing process at home on computer, then was called into store to complete testing process there on the computer. Not difficult.

Interview Question – I didn't really have an interview, I was pretty much hired based upon past retail employment and testing scores.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told that I could pretty much be guaranteed 30+ hours a week and now that has been cut down to 18 because retail is making the move to having no full-time non-management employees to cut costs.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Deerfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2011.

Interview Details – Initial interview included two step process with hiring manager and senior director

Negotiation Details – Went smoothly, no major issues

Clerk Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview Details – Simple, easy, and quick questions in the backroom with assistant manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here, and what can you offer?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Head Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – It was very easy interview. I already had an experience working in Photo Lab. Questions were very basic.

Interview Question – I do not recall any difficult questions   Answer Question

Sales Clerk Interview

Sales Clerk
Blue Springs, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Interview Details – I filled out an application and then went in to take a test on their computers. The next day I went in for an interview with the manager. It was very casual.

Interview Question – He focused a lot on what I liked to do in my free time, since I had no work experience.   Answer Question

LP Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview-covered information on resume. Second interview was in person with supervisor and peer. Basic situational questions-tell me about a time when...difficult situation... strengths and opportunities...took criticism from a peer...
There were only 7-8 specific questions, the rest were questions that arose from talking about previous job experiences and my resume.

Interview Question – What would you want from me as a supervisor, if we switched roles....
During the application process you have business case questions, but they are never addressed in the interview.
  View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Applied online. Then take an in-store assessment test. Afterwards I was contacted my a manager from the store.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Ask about previous experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was great

ASMT Interview

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – 10 situational questions. Listen to questions thoroughly because they have multiple questions with in the situation.

Interview Question – Remembering not to use the same or too similar answer/situation when going through the questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens