Walgreens Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
1,046 Interview Reviews

2.4

Assistant Manager MGT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

The interview process was a panel style. I was able to have a phone interview since I am located in another state. The interviewers let me know up front they were going to pose situational type questions and I should respond using the STAR method.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use financial data to schedule your resources. What was the situation? What did you do? What were the results?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

Online application first. Then an invitation to complete the second part of your application by going into the store where you will use the in-store computer to do a personality assessment test along with a simple computation assessment where such skills as your change making abilities will be evaluated.
    Next: in store interview where you will meet the manager of the store that wants to hire you and, you know, tell him or her about your past working experiences and so on.
    And if you impress the manager enough you'll be called back to sit down with the district manager as well, going through essentially the same process.

Interview Questions
    • "Tell me a situation in your past job experience where you worked as a part of a team to get the job done. What were the results?"   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online an about a month and half later was contacted. I did the skills assessment and the next day was contacted for an interview. The interview had no actual interviews, he sat there and looked through my application. I felt like I had the job when I called for a follow up but I ended up not hearing from them.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call for an interview 2 weeks after that. I had to go to the store to take the test. It was not that hard, just some basic situations that you need to deal with while working there. They asked some common questions. It lasts about 20 minutes. Then the pharmacy manager told me they would have more people come in so they would call me back later.

Community Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Phone Behavioral Interview. I had an interview in a confrence call with three Community Leaders. They just asked behavioral questions based on my past exexperiences. About a month after the interview I recieved an offer from one of the community Leaders.

There wasn't one

Customer Service Associate Interview

Applied online and manager called over 2 months later. The manager seemed ignorant and narrow minded. He kept asking the same questions and lied. Never heard from him again; thanks for the favor.

Graduate Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interviewed through a career fair that was put on by my school. Standard questions like a time you dealt with difficult customer, time you felt empathy for a patient, and a time when you showed leadership. STAR type questions. Also the usual tell me about yourself, etc. Pretty standard and casual. Then the interviewer told me to apply online.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Basic interview with 2 members of management in a office. Both individuals asking questions, and checking you out. 1 of the mgrs was more serious than the other, but overall , average typical interview.

Interview Questions
    • Are you familiar with a fast paced environment, give an example?
      Explain a situation where you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?

Answer Question
    Open, and welcoming at first, but after a 1 1/2 years, mgmt reneged on the initial promise

Shift Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

basic, fill out application, do assessment test and interview. You will probably interview with the stores assistant manager and the community leader (mini DM). Once excepted you will be required to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are all open ended and are pretty basic. The interviewer reads premade questions. They are designed to make sure you do not reply yes or no. They are also interested in success stories, not so much how long you have been in your job. Degree will benefit.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. You start at the base pay. No exceptions.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online. Afterwards, you must go to a store to complete a basic skills assessment that consisted of the least agree/most agree questions and basic consumer math. Afterwards you must wait for a call back in most cases. This is followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Examples of questions are, "When was a time that you had to help someone with disabilities?" or " Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer service situation. How did you resolve it?" If you meet their approval you are sent for a drug screening. Job offer is dependent on a negative result.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult situation where you had a conflict with management personnel at a previous employer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The offer was as is. Flat non-negotiable pay by hour.