Walgreens

Very Easy Interview

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician
Aurora, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2010.

Interview Details – No interview conducted. Position was offered by a nice pharmacy manager who appreciated my hard work and knowledge of the pharmacy overall.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Greenwood, SC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details – It's was fairly easy.

Interview Question – How did you act in a situation? Did it affect you? How did it affect the other person? And what was the outcome   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Service Clerk Interview

Service Clerk
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – The hiring process is not very rigorous. They ask the typical questions such as how you have helped customers in the past, what are your strengths or weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Pay is not sufficient to justify such a low pay.   Answer Question

Customer Service Associate Interview

Customer Service Associate
El Dorado, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Interview Details – Everyone was so nice at first. My employer had initially planned to hire me as a pharmacy tech. I was also supposed to be trained in photo. Neither of those were done. I got in trouble for things I didn't know about because I was not properly trained. They just put me on the register and expected me to know what I was doing. They knew I had no experience in that area.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was "when are you available?"   View Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Shift Lead
Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview with Store Manager
Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
They do most of the talking :)
Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Question – No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I was called by HR to schedule a video conference interview. I drove 20 miles to a Walgreen's office location for the video interview. The receptionist had to make a phone call to the HR person15 minutes after the scheduled time to alert/remind them they had a video interview. The interviewers were a half hour late and 2 of the 3 were very condescending during the interview. They also failed to answer fairly general semi-tough questions about working at the HQ in Deerfield (their manager sat in on the interview). The 17% headquarters headcount cut in 11/13 seems to have produced a toxic culture of fear.

Interview Question – None, scripted questions they ask everyone regardless of experience.   View Answer

Student Pharmacist Interview

Student Pharmacist

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – they asked very general question. mostly about service.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to do the right thing but didn't want to.   Answer Question

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Staff Pharmacist

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I was hired during 2007 as a staff pharmacist when bonuses were still being offered. The interview was minimal and forgetful, my supervisor was happy to sign me on.

Interview Question – The commitment to stay in one are for 3 years seemed like a long commitment at the time.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience

Interview Question – It is a wonderful professional growth and learning experience   Answer Question

Asm-t Interview

Asm-t
Newark, DE

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was 10 questions in the STAR format; Situation, Task, Action & Result. Mostly about interaction with customers and employees. No "typical" interview questions, like "Why do you want to work here?" Good idea to use examples from various jobs/life situations. Have your resume ready, multiple copies and on good paper!

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you had several tasks to do, and limited time to complete them. How did you prioritize and get them done and what was the result?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens