Walgreens

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colleyville, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

I was called in for an interview by Jackie, she was very friendly over the phone. I went in the same day I applied for the job, and Jackie and I sat down in her office and she started off by just asking me a few basic questions. We got to talking about real life things, and we totally hit it off! We talked about how we were the same age, sign, and a few other things we had in common. the interview seemed more like I wassitting there chatting with my best friend!! We were laughing and just talking like old friends!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

I got called In to take skills Assesment test. Passed and then got a interview. went in for the interview brave and they liked that. Now I have to take the drug test

Finance and Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Met recruiters at a career fair, applied online, selected for an interview but given last minute notice of recruiting prenight. Interview included questions aimed far more at experienced hires and the interviewer was unnecessarily intense.

Interview Questions
    • What accounting standard do you see as the future and what challenges does it pose?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

The interview took place at a school career fair in the midwest. Several companies were present and all you had to do to qualify for an interview was to simply sign up for a time slot. I interviewed with one person, a pharmacy (district) supervisor. The interviewer followed a structured set of question and none of the questions was unexpected. These are the questions I remember:
    Tell me a little bit about yourself.
    Why Walgreens? (I had researched the company very well and was able to state how many stores Walgreens has and how it is redefining health care.)
    Tell me about a time when you improved a process.
    Tell me about a time when you engaged a team to complete a project.
    Tell me about a time when you made a difference in a patient's life.
    Tell me about a time when you faced conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.
    The interview was not hard but be ready to answer these questions on the spot with a specific example OR to create a scenario on the spot.
    I was told that everyone would hear *yay* or *nay* within a month or so.
    My experience was overall positive except for not hearing a final answer.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Interviewed with the store manager first, was asked basic questions about my previous employment and how I work and took a aptitude test that tested math skills specific to the pharmacy and then left and awaited a time for a second interview. The second interview was with the store manager again and I was brought to be interviewed by the pharmacist where I was asked about how well I could handle the high stress environment. Following the interview the pharmacist and store manager went to review my test scores and I was then offered a job.

Customer Service Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

workplace was professional and respectful towards customers due the different backgrounds of employees there. everyone does their best to help the customers with limited time while trying to finish daily work list.

Interview Questions
    was able to negotiate due to having enough employers and gave flexible hours.

Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Walgreens.

Took about 1 week. Applied online, went in for computer assessment, got a call to have an interview, went to interview and got a call four hours later to come in and discuss the position.

Interview Questions
    • All questions are the same for every interview, it is a scripted interview to be fair to all candidates. Questions like "a time you've proven great customer service", "a time you've had to deal with a difficult customer" or "a time you've have different communication than the customer" all of course with the question of how you dealt with it. These are not word for word of course but the questions were basically like that, there are 6 questions.   Answer Question
    None

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Ask about my previous jobs & took an assessment test. Was going to call in the next 3 or 4 days to see if I pass the test or not but still no call.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online and was called by the community leader to set up an interview for a service clerk position within about a week. My first interview went really well and I was sent for drug testing a couple of days later. A week after that I hadn't heard back from them so I went in and met with the new store manager who set up another interview for me for the next day.

During that short interview she informed me that there was a leadership position open at that store that she was very interested in seeing me in and that she would be meeting with the community leader to make a decision in the coming days. She called me three days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future aspirations within this company? Could you see yourself in a management position and working with Walgreens long term?   Answer Question
    There isn't really any negotiation. I was offered a very acceptable wage and benefits and accepted.

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

First, you will do an application either online or in store on the computer. There are no paper applications. Next, you have to go to a location to do a skills assessment. Ask for a manager and let them know you are there for a skills assessment. If possible, speak to the STORE MANAGER after you do the skills assessment so they can put a face to the application.The interview is now a behavioral one. Management is supposed to give same exact interview for all candidates. Do an internet search for Behavioral Interview questions for practice. You can apply for any entry level position. You do not need prior experience with photo equipment, beauty supplies or pharmacy knowledge. They do all the training for these positions, so aim high! If you have previous management experience definitely apply for the SFL, shift lead, key holder (whatever they are calling it now) position. You will have opportunity to advance if you do well. Pay attention during training and please don't act like you already know everything. Be prepared to work any holiday. You won't have to work all (in a fair store), but will definitely be expected to work some. If you have a family, I would think long and hard about how you would rather spend your holidays. If you can avoid working for a company that is open on holidays I would do so. If you are hired, make sure you let management know if and when you want to advance and be persistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had an upset customer. What did you do to resolve the problem?   Answer Question
    I interviewed a LONG time ago for entry level. There was no negotiation.