Walgreens

Relevance Date Difficulty

Photo Specialist Interview

Photo Specialist
Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and be sure to call the manager of the store that you would like to work in. They will pull up your application and if they feel good about you they will have you come in to do an assessment and skills test. This process can take up to two hours and covers basic math skills, how well you can read the fine print on ,coupons and store promotions, customer service scenarios, and a personality test. The best way to pass the personality section is to either check the strongly agree or the strongly disagree options, never the options in the middle.
After you have submitted the test it is up to you to contact the manager again to pull up the results. If they are happy with what they see you will be called in for an interview. In the interview you will be asked questions by both the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manger, you may even have a shift leader sit in on the meeting. They will ask you about your availability. If you are applying to work in a 24 hour store you will be aked if you are willing to work the overnight shift...SAY YES. You will also be told that you must work all weekends and holidays. Retail experience is appreciated, but not required. You also do not need experience in the position that you are applying for. They are no longer hiring specific departments, it is being streamlined into Front End and Pharmacy. Gone are the days of being hired on as a photo tech, sales associate, or Cosmetics.
Once they are happy with you in the interview process they will immediately send you to a drug testing facility. They test urine for all drugs, if you have taken any prescription drugs you must have a physical copy of said prescription,, or you will fail the test. Results typically take 3 days, and if there are any questions regarding your results the doctor from the testing sight will call you and have you bring in any documentation that you may need to pass the test.
The manager will call you in upon receiving negative results and sit you down to make you an offer. can tell you now, that offer will rest firmly at minimum wage. New hires generally get 25 hours the first week in order to complete all of the company mandated training called PPLs. After the first week the average hours an employee will get is about 18 hours.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts?
Tell me about a time that you resolved an issue for an unhappy customer.
Do you multitask well?
Can you keep up in a face paced work environment?
Can you lift heavy objects?
Are you willing to participate in charity community functions with other store associates on your free time?
What is your definition of happy and healthy?
How can you use your past experiences to benefit you in this new environment?
  View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible...Minimum wadge is what you get.

Very Easy Interview

West Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Interview Details – Applied July 9, received a call to set up an interview from store manager on August 29.
Went for interview September 3. Went very well we talked like old friends a lot about my previous job experience and how much I qualified for that position. He let me know he had one more interview following mines and he would call me if he was interested. He called me at 9 the next morning and asked me to come get the drug test form and I was hired pending background and drug results took the drug test September 5 he told me it takes 1-2 weeks. Hadn't heard from the manager so I decided to call on September 19 (2weeks&1day later) and he said my drug test came up diluted and I had never heard that before and he also said he never seen that before. He said he would give me a call back to let me know what can be done. He finally called me back October 4 and told me the system was frozen and it finally went thru. I told him I was already employed and I thanked him and he let me know if I need a job to call him and he apologized.

Really positive experience and nice guy.

Interview Question – What should I hire you over the next candidate?
What do you know about walgreens?
A Spanish speaker approaches you for help but you only speak English what do you do?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Had not heard from him for 2+ weeks accepted another job offer with better pay.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Anaheim, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I applied online to multiple locations, completed an in store qualification/skills test and my nearest Walgreens. I was called in for an interview at another location, but I didn't mind the couple mile commute. I arrived early, and the interview started on time. The manager was friendly, yet professional. She asked questions about my previous work experiences and my reasons for choosing Walgreens. I prepared by writing out three true stories about my previous job which covered a variety of common interviewer questions. I was told that I would be contacted within two weeks but instead received a call and job offer the next day! :)

Interview Question – Pretty common questions like: What would you do if you saw someone stealing from the company? or What is your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, this was an entry level position.

Service Clerk Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, I got a call to set up an initial interview and a skills assessment test.

I went to the store and met with the assistant manager who then led me to a computer to take the skills test. The test is really easy just basic questions about counting out change and reading coupons, simple stuff like that.

Then I had an interview with the general manager. I was asked mostly situational interview questions. So be ready with examples! After, she asked when I was availabe to work.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to work in a team.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Arcadia, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – It was very pleasant, I was very comfortable with talking to the interviewer. I felt welcomed and as though I was already an employee.

Interview Question – They asked me to sell a box of paperclips, it was awkward but entertaining.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I applied online and took their online assessment based on customer service then was called about 1 week later to go to the store and take a skills assessment test inside . Now currently waiting for an interview

Interview Question – in progress   Answer Question

Assistant Manager (MGT) Interview

Assistant Manager (MGT)
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – You begin by applying online and follow up by going into a store to take an aptitude test . If that goes well, you will be given a face to face interview with a store manager or community leader. the offer will be contingent on a successful drug and background test and everything should be wrapped up in about a week or so.

Interview Question – nothing really difficult, just a bunch of situationals...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation...

Westminster, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2011.

Interview Details – they also rerouted my application to a near by walgreens too.

Interview Questions

Sales Clerk Interview

Sales Clerk
Westminster, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2011.

Interview Details – I interviewed online and I had to come into Walgreens for a skills assessment test. The skills assessment test was easy for me but I found out after that many people do not pass the test. You must at least past the skills assessment test for the employer to even look at your application. The interview portion was mostly about situational ones where they grade you based on a scale of 1-5 on how well you answer the question. The questions were mostly "tell me a time when...". I also brought in my resume which might have helped me land the job. I got called probably within 2-3 days after telling me to come in to complete the paperwork and get my drug and background check.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had a discreptancy with a co-worker.   Answer Question

MGT Interview

MGT
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process took a while as they never got back to me. I had to call them and when I did they were shocked that no one had called me. First was a group interview. They asked situational questions like describe a time you gave great customer service and so-on. They use store managers with seniority to interview. There aren't many questions past the canned ones they read from the script. After that I took an online assessment. After that I was called in to interview with the District Manager. This was really just so the DM could make sure I had a pulse. A couple of weeks later I was offered the job....after calling them for an update.

Interview Question – Have you ever worked in a warehouse environment?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.