Walgreens Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated Jun 15, 2015

2.2

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (San Gabriel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First off, the people who's been really nice to write reviews about their experiences have been really helpful with the whole job process. I'm writing to pay it back and hopefully be someone to help others too. The whole job process has been amazing. I had to take the assessment online then went to the store 4 days after to finish the test in-store. I met employees and had a little chat with them while taking the test in the store. It is important to be very friendly from the very beginning because 1. It takes the pressure, stress and nervousness away 2. They give tips on how to ace the interview 3. The manager sees your outgoing personality especially with the employees which may be your future workmates and it's definitely plus point. After taking the test, the computer in the store wasn't working so the manager told me to call back the next day. I called back the next day unfortunately the computer still wasn't working so the manager asked for my number and told me that she's calling up another store for my test results and get back to me. She was very nice to call me back the next day even though she's a very busy person. So just cutting it short, we scheduled an appointment on Wednesday, I came in wearing something that is really formal, dress, black heels etc. Came in 10 minutes early. I again met up with the employees, met new ones and had a pleasant conversation with them before being called to the back for an interview. The interview took at least half an hour, it was a very easy interview just questions mainly about you, your work experiences and situational questions. One thing that's really gonna come handy is preparation especially when it comes to the situational questions, so google em up, read more reviews in here and practice. Good luck!

Oh and one more thing, always smile and just show genuine interest for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Why do you think diversity is important in the workplace?
      Tell me about a time when you had difficulty communicating with a customer
      Tell me about a time when the customer did not receive good customer service from you
      Tell me about a time when you contributed to the success of the team
      Tell me about your past relationships with your coworkers

It was more of working in a team type of questions

Answer Question

Assistant Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Brea, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a college recruiter from a networking event I attended. The recruiter contacted me a week after exchanging business cards. The interview was held at the district office in Brea, CA. The type of questions asked were all situational experiences from either previous work or school. The interview lasted no more than 20 minutes. I believe the interview would have been better if specific questions about my interest were asked, although I expressed several at the end for further conversation.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of how you dealt with an unsatisfied customer; what was the problem, what did you do, and what was the result?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a call to come in the next week. When I arrived it was a bit awkward, but I did a test onone of their computers which had things like how to count change back etc. Then when that was done had the interview with the manager in the office.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I wanted to work at Walgreens and if I had been in a situation that I had caused and had to fix myself. Another one was how did you deal with someone else's mistakes on the job. There were six questions.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Fe Springs, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Santa Fe Springs, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Sat with the pharmacy manager and the general manager asking several questions going back and forth. Interview lasted about 30 minutes in the conference room. I was nervous but as the interview progressed it got more relaxed. Just go in and breath and answer the questions to the best of your ability.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you can jump to a conclusion but did not. What happened? What did you do?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (La Mirada, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   1 Answer

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

interviewed at Walgreens (Fullerton, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

The manager hired me on the spot. Overall the interview process was pretty easy. There was also a drug test involved.

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Thousand Oaks, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Apply online. Call to follow up. If they like you they will call you in for an interview. If you get a drug test form you're basically in. Start working as soon as possible. Wont get first check for 3 weeks

Negotiation

I just took what they would give

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (West Los Angeles, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied July 9, received a call to set up an interview from store manager on August 29.
    Went for interview September 3. Went very well we talked like old friends a lot about my previous job experience and how much I qualified for that position. He let me know he had one more interview following mines and he would call me if he was interested. He called me at 9 the next morning and asked me to come get the drug test form and I was hired pending background and drug results took the drug test September 5 he told me it takes 1-2 weeks. Hadn't heard from the manager so I decided to call on September 19 (2weeks&1day later) and he said my drug test came up diluted and I had never heard that before and he also said he never seen that before. He said he would give me a call back to let me know what can be done. He finally called me back October 4 and told me the system was frozen and it finally went thru. I told him I was already employed and I thanked him and he let me know if I need a job to call him and he apologized.

Really positive experience and nice guy.

Interview Questions

• What should I hire you over the next candidate?
      What do you know about walgreens?
      A Spanish speaker approaches you for help but you only speak English what do you do?

1 Answer

Had not heard from him for 2+ weeks accepted another job offer with better pay.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Anaheim, CA).

Interview

I applied online to multiple locations, completed an in store qualification/skills test and my nearest Walgreens. I was called in for an interview at another location, but I didn't mind the couple mile commute. I arrived early, and the interview started on time. The manager was friendly, yet professional. She asked questions about my previous work experiences and my reasons for choosing Walgreens. I prepared by writing out three true stories about my previous job which covered a variety of common interviewer questions. I was told that I would be contacted within two weeks but instead received a call and job offer the next day! :)

Interview Questions

• Pretty common questions like: What would you do if you saw someone stealing from the company? or What is your greatest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, this was an entry level position.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arcadia, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Arcadia, CA).

Interview

It was very pleasant, I was very comfortable with talking to the interviewer. I felt welcomed and as though I was already an employee.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell a box of paperclips, it was awkward but entertaining.   Answer Question