Walgreens

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broken Arrow, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

I took a computerized skills and personality test, then interviewed with the store manager, who had a list of five standard questions. He asked me each of these questions, then rated my answers from 1-5. The whole process took about 90 minutes. I received an offer that day, then had to find a clinic to go for a pre-employment drug test.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

You first have to be hired as an Assistant Store manager Trainee

Interview Questions
    • this is a behavioral interview and relies on experiences, so be prepared!   Answer Question
    pay is 1461 for working 88 hours every 2 weeks.... this is a salary position and you will only be making the equivalent of $16.20 per hour.... :( I only accepted because I thought the pay would be more. HIGHLY NOT RECOMENDED.... USE CAUTION!!!

Service Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2012.

I applied online on Monday and was called on Tuesday to set up an interview on Wednesday. The hiring manager was very nice and professional; we went back to the offices where he asked me a few questions and conducted a short skills/personality assessment. I was offered a job on the spot and was given some consent forms and other things to sign and bring back after my drug test.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you had to be flexible in a work environment. Provide specifics   Answer Question

Pharmacy Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in April 2012.

i was offered a summer position while i was on rotation at the store.

Interview Questions
    there was no negotiation.

Beauty Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Catoosa, OK

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2011.

overall a great company and great store manager. so caring and understanding.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2011.

I had applied for manager in training on the Walgreens website. I stopped in at a local store and was referred to managers on two opposite sides of town, and interviewed with both store managers, two days apart, one on one for a Store Team Lead position. A week later I then interviewed with another store manager, that is impossible to get a hold of in his own store, who is apparantly whom you have to appease to get to the district manager who is in charge of all the salary managers in the north half of Oklahoma City. I was one of twenty-or-so applicants he had to interview, and was supposedly leaving out of town for a week a few days after I saw him. So over a period of 2 weeks of leaving messeges and "stopping in" at a store that's 25 miles out of my way, I finally got an answer that I would be recieving something in the mail that would give me the instructions for my next steps in the hiring process. Never recieved anything.

Interview Questions

The store team lead position is the same responsabilites as the assistant manager with the added bonus of being the inventory control specialist for $6 less an hour. And after I fnially recieved a genuine phone call from a completely different manager who wanted to start this process all over again, I had already found another job with a company that seems to have a little better strategy then hire these 10 people, fire 8 of them 2 weeks later and then hire the next 10 who made it through 15 interviews at stores 20 miles away in every direction.

Overnight Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmond, OK

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2010.

I honestly just chatted with the store manager. We mostly talked about sports as we were both chicago natives. The hiring process has changed a lot since then. You are now required to take a skills assessment test that can take over an hour. The managers is also given a list of questions that they must ask and record whether or not the answer was good or bad.

Interview Questions
    They asked me to take my drug test the same day as my "interview"

Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in April 2010.

There were two phone interviews lasting approximately 30 minutes each. One was with the regional manager. The other was with the online recruiter. Both interviews were conducted by pharmacists.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a difficult customer?   View Answer
    • What was the most difficult challenge you ever faced?   View Answer

The position would have required relocating. I decided to stay local.

Head Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2009.

They take all of their applicants online. The interview process, if I remember correctly, they’ll just call you in, and you just have an interview. If you receive a job offer you have to go take a drug test and if you pass you have the job.

Interview Questions
    I originally applied for a part time cosmetics position they had open, after being interviewed and offered the job I was offered a photo tech position. I was told the starting pay was higher and I would get more hours. I took it.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2008.

Walgreens initially contacted me by phone to set up an interview time. The interview was done at a 24 hour Walgreens store with the Store Manager. I had previous retail management experience so the interview lasted about 15 or 20 minutes, where he explained the company hours I would work what was expected and told me to spend some time thinking about the job and if I was still interested call him next week and he would set up a 2nd interview with a different store manager. I called him the next week and attended a 2nd interview and was offered the position. The second interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • If needed would you be able to work any hours? How would you feel about mopping the floor or cleaning the restrooms if needed? Management will be expected to stock, hang signs, pull bays, learn the photo lab and pharmacy, does this sound like a position you would be able to do.   View Answer
    • Why are you leaving your current job? Were you unhappy with current hours, or your current schedule.   View Answer
    They could not negotiate they had a set rate for the position.