Walgreens Pharmacist Interview Questions & Reviews

2.3

33 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I contacted the area supervisor directly and was asked to send my CV and complete the online application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview within a few days. The interview was very straightforward, beginning with a few questions the supervisor had, followed by a set of standardized Walgreens questions that were typical of what one would expect to be asked. Everyone at the office was very professional and courteous. Follow-up took two weeks at which time I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions
  • None of them were difficult or unexpected. They were all very standard questions.   Answer Question
An offer letter was sent, which you could either accept or decline.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2010.

should wear clothes as you go to work:casual shirt,tennis shoes, long pants. and smile all the times. get acquataince with PDM. Give a happy comment to PDM such as :you have a beautiful smile. or "you are right",node your head in any good question that you agree with that PDM( pharmacist district manager). talk like you know the system which the company runs. like Rire Aid has PDX system, but I know now they change ,not any more. This is easiest system,very simple compare of CVS system is very stupid,that a long time to finish one RX.

Interview Questions
    • what you don't like about your job?   View Answer
    • ask if your pharmacist call in sick or have car accident or heart attack, what you suppose to do:work extra 8 hours or close pharmacy? or call in other relief pharmacist to work for you then you go home?   View Answer
    salary

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2012.

Submitted online application and was contacted via email for an interview. Questions were as expected for a general interview and much of the time was spent discussing the direction of the company and all of the opportunities one would be presented with.

No negotiation occurred

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
    A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Pharmacist Interview

District manager called for an interview 2weeks after applied at Walgreen website. I had interview with one of store manager for approximately 30 min. They were looking for night time shift pharmacist

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I applied directly through the walgreens website. I heard back from the district manager within a week and went for a interview shortly after. The interview took about 3 hours. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Share a scenario where you exhibited sympathy for a patient   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

During clinical rotations I had the opportunity to meet with one of the district managers of Walgreens. He asked me for an interview that following week. During the actual interview, the district manager mentioned he would ask a series of questions; some that had to do with pharmacy and some that did not. Pharmacy based questions included work flow based questions. "other" questions included one about what I would bring to a deserted island. Finally, the interviewer concluded by asking me why I wanted to work for the company and where I saw myself in a few years

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to take a management position eventually? (trick question, you practically have to say yes)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Walgreens.

2 interviews, background check, health records check, referrals

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Phone interview asking behavioral interview questions. Many were situational based and outlook on the future of pharmacy. Also assessed whether you knew the workflow of the pharmacy. Gave a situation of an understaffed and busy pharmacy.. asked what actions we would take and in what order. STAR format questions. Name a situation where I had to deal with a difficult customer and the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • Situation where I showed outstanding leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens.

The interview went well. It was back in 1995. It was not very long. Thr supervisor hsd more impotant things to do. He wanted to know why I wanted to work for company. I asked about insurance and salary and inquired about which store I would be at

Interview Questions

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!