Walgreens

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.3

40 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacist Interview

I was an intern and then was interviewed for a pharmacist position. It was only one interview with basic questions. The supervisor was quite personable and easy to talk to, it did not feel like an interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a difficult situation with a customer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

The interview went well; mostly behavioral type situations. Make sure you have examples in mind. Also tighten up your resume before you interview. A simple thing as spell check may save your candidacy.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where you had to demonstrate leadership.   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

The interview took place at a school career fair in the midwest. Several companies were present and all you had to do to qualify for an interview was to simply sign up for a time slot. I interviewed with one person, a pharmacy (district) supervisor. The interviewer followed a structured set of question and none of the questions was unexpected. These are the questions I remember:
    Tell me a little bit about yourself.
    Why Walgreens? (I had researched the company very well and was able to state how many stores Walgreens has and how it is redefining health care.)
    Tell me about a time when you improved a process.
    Tell me about a time when you engaged a team to complete a project.
    Tell me about a time when you made a difference in a patient's life.
    Tell me about a time when you faced conflict with a coworker and how you handled the situation.
    The interview was not hard but be ready to answer these questions on the spot with a specific example OR to create a scenario on the spot.
    I was told that everyone would hear *yay* or *nay* within a month or so.
    My experience was overall positive except for not hearing a final answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

A few weeks after filling out the application* on the Walgreen's Careers website, I received an email from the district supervisor for my area, We had several correspondences, and she was flexible enough to arrange for an interview time that fit my school schedule.

During the interview, she was personable and friendly. She asked general questions about when I would be willing to work and about the pharmacy school I was attending. Also, she asked me a couple of questions about my resume, which I had handed to her at the start of my interview. Then, she consulted a paper and asked me a few formal interview questions. For example, "What is good customer service?" and "Tell me your strengths."

After the interview, my interviewer also gave me tips about how to improve my interviewing skills and experience.

*Of note, you need to complete the skills test at an actual Walgreen's store. Just walk in and look for the store manager. Tell him/her you are applying for a job at Walgreen's and need to take a skills test

Interview Questions
    • What is one time when you had to deal with a difficult person? It doesn't have to be related to work. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    I received an email with the job offer and a link. I clicked on the link and answered a few questions to accept.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I contacted the area supervisor directly and was asked to send my CV and complete the online application. I received a phone call to schedule an interview within a few days. The interview was very straightforward, beginning with a few questions the supervisor had, followed by a set of standardized Walgreens questions that were typical of what one would expect to be asked. Everyone at the office was very professional and courteous. Follow-up took two weeks at which time I was sent an offer letter.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult or unexpected. They were all very standard questions.   Answer Question
    An offer letter was sent, which you could either accept or decline.

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online and received an automated e-mail about a month later. The hiring manager said it usually does not take that long. The turnaround time is usually only 2 weeks. When I finally got in touch with the manager, I went in for an interview. It took a little less than an hour. Many of the common interview questions were asked. The interviewer also asked a few clinical questions. At the end, the manager said I would get an answer in about two weeks.
    A couple days later, I received an e-mail with the offer letter.

Pharmacist Interview

District manager called for an interview 2weeks after applied at Walgreen website. I had interview with one of store manager for approximately 30 min. They were looking for night time shift pharmacist

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Pharmacist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied directly through the walgreens website. I heard back from the district manager within a week and went for a interview shortly after. The interview took about 3 hours. I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Share a scenario where you exhibited sympathy for a patient   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

2 interviews, background check, health records check, referrals

Pharmacist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview went well. It was back in 1995. It was not very long. Thr supervisor hsd more impotant things to do. He wanted to know why I wanted to work for company. I asked about insurance and salary and inquired about which store I would be at