Walgreens

Updated Feb 24, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2015.

I was given a phone call to come in and do the skills assessment test in the store 1 week after applying online. I got called in for an interview 2 days later, for later that same day which was on a Thursday. Immediately after the interview was given papers for drug test, which i completed Friday morning. I was offered the job that following Monday.

Interview Questions
  • Are you familiar with Brand and Generic Medications   View Answer
  • At your last job, what would your supervisor say was your strength , what would they say was your weakness on the job?   View Answer
  • what are your concerns about working in the pharmacy   Answer Question
  • Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online, went in the next day to takes the skills assessment. The tests needed to be taken were pretty extensive, not hard but just required som time. I called them about 3 days later asking about my application and didn't stop calling until I got the attention I wanted lol. So about a week later I get a call asking to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was extremely easy. The manager asked me a bunch of questions a lot about myself and less about my work experience. He was really laid back and relaxed. During my time that I was waiting to hear the answer a few people from the pharmacy walked in and out of the room I was in and everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Even the people outside of the pharmacy were really helpful. So the manager came back in after 10 minutes told me I'm hired and my pay is 10.25$ and hour. I was pretty content with that as I was doing it more for the experience and being able to put it on my resume. So about 2 weeks later after background check and drug testing cleared I am starting tomorrow. I'm extremely nervous but everyone there is so friendly I think I should be ok!

Interview Questions
    • I came prepared so nothing was difficult/unexpected. Read as many of these reviews on glass door as possible. I read all the questions that all other reviewers supplied and tried to answer them myself. I felt really prepared going in and out of the interview.   Answer Question
    Manager said how does 10.25$ sound? I said great! Lol like I said I did it for the experience

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Went to site filled out lengthy application , took test online then was told to go to any Walgreens store to complete " in store " assessment , which is a lengthy test on a store computer , lots of math and memory questions , waited about a week and got call from pharmacy manager , very informal interview and offerd the job.

Non negotiable

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I applied online, and after 2 days I got a call from the pharmacy saying that I should go into a walgreens to complete the skills assessment. After completing the assessment, I got another call for an interview. The interview took about 15 - 20 minutes. After the interview, she told me they have other interviews set up, and will give me a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when a colleague asked you for help, but you were not able to help them.
      Tell me about a time when there was a problem at work, and what actions you took to solve the problem.
      Tell me about a time when you weren't able to communicate with a customer. What did you do and was it effective?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call for an interview 2 weeks after that. I had to go to the store to take the test. It was not that hard, just some basic situations that you need to deal with while working there. They asked some common questions. It lasts about 20 minutes. Then the pharmacy manager told me they would have more people come in so they would call me back later.

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

After applying, it took about a week to get a call, then I went for the interview and had to do an 2 hour long assessment test. It basically was a common sense one; basic math skills, customer service questions, etc...

Walgreens is really straight forward with what they hire you for and what they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

First you apply online and take a long assessment test. Then you go to a store and take another one. Then if they like how you do a Walgreens will call you.

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

There was a job listed on the Walgreens website as a pharmacy technician for a brand new store that opened up so I completed the initial application. Upon completion, I was told that I needed to go into the store and complete the second part of the application- the skills assessment. The skills assessment took roughly 45 minutes to complete and mostly consisted of the typical questions you'd expect. After I completed the second part of the application, I was told to call back the following week to check my results. I called up the following week and the store manager said that they weren't even hiring to begin with and that they transferred all of their pharmacy technicians from other stores which left me feeling somewhat agitated since there was an open position listed.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically, but there were questions that seemed to have more than one correct option as an answer.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

the hiring process was pretty easy and the interview questions are straight forward. the head pharmacist that I spoke to was very friendly. even throughout the job you are constantly learning. the con would be response time. I waited at least two weeks until i got an email back.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question would be what strategies do you use to cope with high levels of stress   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

They ask fairly standard interview questions but are required to ask candidates the same questions in order to be fair. I liked that the questions were standard so that you could prepare for them and it also gave you the opportunity to explain what skills you offer as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when a colleague asked for your help and you did not help them?" This question was difficult because the intent of the question was not clear. I was not sure if it meant, "Explain a time when you were not a helpful employee" or "Explain a time when you had to prioritize your tasks before helping another employee who should already know how to do his tasks." I asked for clarification and my interviewer also was unsure.   Answer Question
    They forgot to tell me what my pay rate was. I didn't get a chance to get a hold of them until the day I was being entered into the system and I asked them my pay rate. I was intending on negotiating a bit more than 10.25$ an hour but I figured I'd wait sometime to prove myself and ask for more.