Walgreens

Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.3

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2014.

I applied online, and after 2 days I got a call from the pharmacy saying that I should go into a walgreens to complete the skills assessment. After completing the assessment, I got another call for an interview. The interview took about 15 - 20 minutes. After the interview, she told me they have other interviews set up, and will give me a call back.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when a colleague asked you for help, but you were not able to help them.
    Tell me about a time when there was a problem at work, and what actions you took to solve the problem.
    Tell me about a time when you weren't able to communicate with a customer. What did you do and was it effective?

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

After applying, it took about a week to get a call, then I went for the interview and had to do an 2 hour long assessment test. It basically was a common sense one; basic math skills, customer service questions, etc...

Walgreens is really straight forward with what they hire you for and what they offer.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

There was a job listed on the Walgreens website as a pharmacy technician for a brand new store that opened up so I completed the initial application. Upon completion, I was told that I needed to go into the store and complete the second part of the application- the skills assessment. The skills assessment took roughly 45 minutes to complete and mostly consisted of the typical questions you'd expect. After I completed the second part of the application, I was told to call back the following week to check my results. I called up the following week and the store manager said that they weren't even hiring to begin with and that they transferred all of their pharmacy technicians from other stores which left me feeling somewhat agitated since there was an open position listed.

Interview Questions
    • None specifically, but there were questions that seemed to have more than one correct option as an answer.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

the hiring process was pretty easy and the interview questions are straight forward. the head pharmacist that I spoke to was very friendly. even throughout the job you are constantly learning. the con would be response time. I waited at least two weeks until i got an email back.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult question would be what strategies do you use to cope with high levels of stress   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

They ask fairly standard interview questions but are required to ask candidates the same questions in order to be fair. I liked that the questions were standard so that you could prepare for them and it also gave you the opportunity to explain what skills you offer as an employee.

Interview Questions
    • "Explain a time when a colleague asked for your help and you did not help them?" This question was difficult because the intent of the question was not clear. I was not sure if it meant, "Explain a time when you were not a helpful employee" or "Explain a time when you had to prioritize your tasks before helping another employee who should already know how to do his tasks." I asked for clarification and my interviewer also was unsure.   Answer Question
    They forgot to tell me what my pay rate was. I didn't get a chance to get a hold of them until the day I was being entered into the system and I asked them my pay rate. I was intending on negotiating a bit more than 10.25$ an hour but I figured I'd wait sometime to prove myself and ask for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

I applied online for the pharmacy technician position through the Walgreen's website for two of their stores in my local area. Within 48 hours I got a phone call from one of the stores letting me know I would need to come in to take a skills test to move forward with the interview process. I arrived at the store and a shift manager took me to the back to take the test. The questions were all easy. Basic math in the form of being able to make the correct change and several questions that show you're capable of reading dosages and other information off a prescription bottle. Within 24 hours of taking the skills test I was called by the store manager wanting to set up an interview. I was called on Friday and the interview was scheduled for Tuesday morning. I was brought into the manager's office where a pleasant lady was having trouble getting the printer to print out the interview questions. She asked me to click print again while she was working on the printer. This gave me a view of all the interview questions to be asked and how she was expected to rate them. Pro advice, for each story or account you tell the manager you're basically graded on a 1-4 or 5 point system with 1 being a weak or almost irrelevant response and 5 being a "Response directly related to the question while including many specific details" So she asked all the behavioral and customer service questions and seemed to like me considering I have years of retail and sales experience. She then proceeded to tell me all the responsibilities of working at Walgreen's. Pure customer service, trying to sell the loyalty card, stocking shelves, cleaning floors, keeping a flexible schedule. It was this particular manager's policy that everyone works on holidays in order to "Keep everyone happy so there are no arguments about who gets what holiday off." Basically she schedules everyone and people work 2-3 hour shifts on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years day. Then comes the long "soooooooo," and she drops the bomb. "We don't actually have a pharmacy technician position available. I'm looking for a cashier and it pays $7.75 an hour for 10-15 hours a week." I told her that would not work for me as I wouldn't be able to keep my current part time job and this position wouldn't pay enough to give it up. She then explains that "someone" is supposed to be making a transfer and she may have full time. I told her I might be interested in full time but that would be the only way to make the position work with that level of pay. She called me back the next day leaving me a message to call the store about taking the position. I called the number she left me and got no answer and no voice mail. I looked up the store number online and called it again with no answer or voice mail. I tried this again the following day. The third day I get a message from the store manager telling me that if she doesn't hear from me by the end of the day she will assume I'm not interested in the job. I tried to call the store back for what is the fourth time, again no answer, no voice mail. In the end I couldn't even get a hold of a store manager at Walgreen's in order to turn down a position.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a time when you had to interact with a customer that you difficulty or no way to communicate with?"   View Answer

You work on all major holidays, inflexible scheduling makes it almost impossible to work a second part time job. Poor communication with management but most of all absolutely pitiful pay ($7.75 h/r) for what is expected of you in a retail environment. The local BBQ hut is hiring a dishwasher/order prep for $8.00 h/r.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

It was a surprisingly short interview - about twenty minutes. I was only asked three questions which the pharmacy manager read off of the computer. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and attentive in conversation but didn't seem to care much what my responses to the corporate-written questions were.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you have exemplary customer service.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you saw a problem at work. How did you solve it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to change your style of communication to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

The interview process was very easy and quick . The manager told me was he was looking for and asked me if I could deliver . I took a skills test the same day and a drug test the day after .

Interview Questions
    No, but I'm happy with my salary .

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Apply on walgreens.com, choose your desired, locations (up to 3), answer survey questions, previous work experience, basic information and demographics. Within a week or two, one of your 3 locations will call to do a one-on-one interview. It was very brief, short, non-intimidating, friendly interview with the store manager and pharmacy manager.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

The interview will take place in the office and will follow the STAR format. They will ask behavioral questions such tell me about a time when you where put into a difficult situation? How did you handle it?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a co-worker?   Answer Question