Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Filled up application online then went in and did the skills assesment. Got called in and was offered an interview. Got interviewed by the Pharmacy manager and hiring manager. I was told qlot about the company and what its like working there. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I put my application in in June and didn't get a response until August. I went in for my first interview and it was chill and laid back. I answered the questions and it was overall a good experience. I got a call about a week later asking for a SECOND interview. I went in 2 days later and spoke with the pharmacy manager who was nice and showed me around the pharmacy. I got a call the next day with an offer.

Interview Questions

• In (a certain situation) what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate anything. You can get raised during the time you work there.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Online assessment followed by in person assessment. Told by manager that I qualify and call for an interview the following day. Called then I was told there are no positions even though online it made it look like there was.

Interview Questions

• Are you certified or do you have any prior Pharm Tech experience?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2015.

Interview

I filled out an application online maybe a month ago and got a call a few days ago to come in for the skills assessment. I had an impromptu "interview" (her words) with the pharmacist, and she barely listened or cared. I have to take the drug test tomorrow, so I don't know if I actually got the job or if there is another interview on the way.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Rancho Cucamonga, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Took the assessment online and then in-store which is pretty straight forward. I went in with business style outfit. I interviewed with the store manager and the pharmacy manager. I ended up talking about the store and the pharmacy field, and they gave me great advice on how to develop more experience in the field.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a pharmacy tech? Why do you want to work at Walgreens?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Bemidji, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I went into the process very nervous but they are very casual, they like you speak completely. They start by asking you a series of behavioral questions following the STAR format, there are specific questions tailored to the job you are applying for. I interviewed with the store manager and the pharmacy manager, the store manager was so bubbly as am I, you will begin to know if you have the interview if they stop the scripted questions and talk a lot about you. That's is exactly what they did! After giving them my background in retail and management (I'm 18) they said fantastic and when we finished they told me that they would talk to me on Friday (two days after my interview) but the store manager called me this morning on Thursday (the day after my interview)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was a communication between you and a customer, tell me how you know you were effective.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walgreens (Beaumont, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was very relaxing without any pressure. It was mainly a conversation that I saw myself helping out company. The interview was done one on one, and she was mainly was getting to know who I am as a person. She mainly talk about the team work aspect in the pharmacy, and how would I interact with customers that may not feel well. She even told me options about me furthering my education with Walgreen's help. I felt really comfortable during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• They ask me what do I see myself five years from now? A lot of personality questions was ask of me. How can I interact with customers who may not feel well. It was not so much of the technical aspect of the actual job itself. It was more of a personality trait and can I work well within a team aspect.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

go in, that is all u have to do. they ask you questions, u answer. they do not like you, they do not hire you. simple as that. it is not intimidating though. they are chill.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything was very straight forward. You fill out an online application and then take an online assessment. You are then, instructed to go to one of your local Walgreens to complete an in store assessment. So I went in and completed the assessment and spoke with a manager that day. I was informed that the pharmacist had just selected a tech for that location but to call other locations and speak with the managers there. I called two stores. One needed a tech but didn't have the hours to hire one; the other, did. I was told by the store manager that he needed to speak with the head pharmacist and he would get back to me. You have to be ok'd by both in order to be hired. I waited and after a week, I received a phone from the store manager asking me was I still in the market for a job. I replied yes and he asked could I come in for an interview. My interview was scheduled three days later. The interview itself was typical. They ask more of situational questions. I was also asked about my background and why I wanted to work at Walgreen's. The interview went well. The only issue was that it was schedule din the midst of a shift change for the pharmacist; therefore, the head pharmacist was rushed. He had really no time to really speak to me. He seemed shocked to discover I was there and also that I had gone through a tech program, was licensed, and already scheduled to take the PTCB exam for certification. He was still very nice. He asked me a few questions and informed me that he had not looked over my information yet but that he would. The store manager told me that as soon as he did they would give me a call. I am still waiting. It has been a week and three days now. I honestly think I had to many credentials. Not sure. If I don't hear back from that store, I plan to followup with another location.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when there was a communication barrier between you and a customer. What did you do and so you think it was effective?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The manager/pharmacist was really nice and asked basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. I didn't have any experience on the pharmacy but she liked how well I answered the questions and the fact that I came looking professional.