Walgreens Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got called in two weeks later to schedule the interview on voicemail. However, when I called the pharmacy, they said that they were not hiring for the position. I called back and named the person that called and they redirected me. They confirmed my interview and I went the next morning. They realized that they had a mistakenly called me because they did not thoroughly read my application.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bemidji, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Bemidji, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

I went into the process very nervous but they are very casual, they like you speak completely. They start by asking you a series of behavioral questions following the STAR format, there are specific questions tailored to the job you are applying for. I interviewed with the store manager and the pharmacy manager, the store manager was so bubbly as am I, you will begin to know if you have the interview if they stop the scripted questions and talk a lot about you. That's is exactly what they did! After giving them my background in retail and management (I'm 18) they said fantastic and when we finished they told me that they would talk to me on Friday (two days after my interview) but the store manager called me this morning on Thursday (the day after my interview)

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when there was a communication between you and a customer, tell me how you know you were effective.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Interview

go in, that is all u have to do. they ask you questions, u answer. they do not like you, they do not hire you. simple as that. it is not intimidating though. they are chill.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Everything was very straight forward. You fill out an online application and then take an online assessment. You are then, instructed to go to one of your local Walgreens to complete an in store assessment. So I went in and completed the assessment and spoke with a manager that day. I was informed that the pharmacist had just selected a tech for that location but to call other locations and speak with the managers there. I called two stores. One needed a tech but didn't have the hours to hire one; the other, did. I was told by the store manager that he needed to speak with the head pharmacist and he would get back to me. You have to be ok'd by both in order to be hired. I waited and after a week, I received a phone from the store manager asking me was I still in the market for a job. I replied yes and he asked could I come in for an interview. My interview was scheduled three days later. The interview itself was typical. They ask more of situational questions. I was also asked about my background and why I wanted to work at Walgreen's. The interview went well. The only issue was that it was schedule din the midst of a shift change for the pharmacist; therefore, the head pharmacist was rushed. He had really no time to really speak to me. He seemed shocked to discover I was there and also that I had gone through a tech program, was licensed, and already scheduled to take the PTCB exam for certification. He was still very nice. He asked me a few questions and informed me that he had not looked over my information yet but that he would. The store manager told me that as soon as he did they would give me a call. I am still waiting. It has been a week and three days now. I honestly think I had to many credentials. Not sure. If I don't hear back from that store, I plan to followup with another location.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time when there was a communication barrier between you and a customer. What did you do and so you think it was effective?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

The manager/pharmacist was really nice and asked basic questions on how you would handle certain situations. I didn't have any experience on the pharmacy but she liked how well I answered the questions and the fact that I came looking professional.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with the hiring manager. He asked me my availability and to tell him about myself. A week later I got an interview with the phamasict. It is a behavioral interview. I have it today but The manager told me that they tell you a specific question and you have to answer it in a specific way and the outcome of it.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Went in to a store that I didn't actually apply at to complete the assessment and happened to meet the store manager, who looked at my score right away and seemed quite pleased. He gave me the store number and said to give him a call to set up an interview with the pharmacy manager. The room typically used for interviews was occupied so the pharmacy manager and I went into the same room where the manager was working. When asked about my future, I said that I was interested in becoming a pharmacist and was looking to apply to school this upcoming cycle and would maybe be leaving in Fall 2016. The pharmacy manager seemed okay with that but the manager sat in the back, interrupted, and basically scoffed at the thought that I wouldn't be there incredibly long term. In the end, I didn't hear back from them. The interview seemed like it could not have gone better...up until the manager heard I wanted further my education.

Interview Questions

• Elaborate on a time when an issue with a customer came up and you had to be flexible.
      In what ways would you say that you are flexible?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Coral Springs, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was given a phone call to come in and do the skills assessment test in the store 1 week after applying online. I got called in for an interview 2 days later, for later that same day which was on a Thursday. Immediately after the interview was given papers for drug test, which i completed Friday morning. I was offered the job that following Monday.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with Brand and Generic Medications   1 Answer
    • At your last job, what would your supervisor say was your strength , what would they say was your weakness on the job?   1 Answer
    • what are your concerns about working in the pharmacy   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online, went in the next day to takes the skills assessment. The tests needed to be taken were pretty extensive, not hard but just required som time. I called them about 3 days later asking about my application and didn't stop calling until I got the attention I wanted lol. So about a week later I get a call asking to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was extremely easy. The manager asked me a bunch of questions a lot about myself and less about my work experience. He was really laid back and relaxed. During my time that I was waiting to hear the answer a few people from the pharmacy walked in and out of the room I was in and everyone was extremely nice and friendly. Even the people outside of the pharmacy were really helpful. So the manager came back in after 10 minutes told me I'm hired and my pay is 10.25$ and hour. I was pretty content with that as I was doing it more for the experience and being able to put it on my resume. So about 2 weeks later after background check and drug testing cleared I am starting tomorrow. I'm extremely nervous but everyone there is so friendly I think I should be ok!

Interview Questions

• I came prepared so nothing was difficult/unexpected. Read as many of these reviews on glass door as possible. I read all the questions that all other reviewers supplied and tried to answer them myself. I felt really prepared going in and out of the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Manager said how does 10.25$ sound? I said great! Lol like I said I did it for the experience

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Went to site filled out lengthy application , took test online then was told to go to any Walgreens store to complete " in store " assessment , which is a lengthy test on a store computer , lots of math and memory questions , waited about a week and got call from pharmacy manager , very informal interview and offerd the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable