Walgreens Photo Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

1.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Photo Specialist Interview

Filled out online application. Took online test. Had to apply to specific Walgreens store. Called in to take (inshore) online test {available via intranet-only}. Had to return a second time because computers were down (due to weather)<literally>.Called in for face-to-face interview. Took Drug test. Then one more face interview with store manager and assistant store manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

It takes about 3 weeks to get into the Walgreen's company on the store level, even when the store manager has said that the specific store is desperately in need of a few new people right away. The online application is very long but it can be completed in your home or at the store. However, you have to go into the store to complete more online testing and then finally you can meet with the manager for a moment to schedule an interview and get the questions that you have answered. The interview

Interview Questions
    • Will you accept a lower position to start with minimum pay and work your way up in the company over time?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate hours and shifts to work. I was able to negotiate advancement in the company but what I did not have worked out because the assistant manager I was negotiating with did not first check if it was available to me for certain and it turned out that out was not available. Always ask to have the top manager finalize your offer and acceptance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clarence, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarence, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2012.

For me, the hiring process was very easy. I was called to come in to complete the online application in store and spoke to the manager shortly after. I was hired within a week of the initial call from my manager and trained right away.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thousand Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Apply online. Call to follow up. If they like you they will call you in for an interview. If you get a drug test form you're basically in. Start working as soon as possible. Wont get first check for 3 weeks

I just took what they would give

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

It seemed like the usual interview. I had to take a simple math quiz and answer questions about previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • How would I rate myself as an employee?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

I was a walk-in applicant. I saw a "now hiring," sign, so I applied on the spot. It only took 20 minutes. They had me use the computer in back. The manager was really nice and friendly. I got called back two days later for my first interview. The hiring manager asked me questions pertaining to teamwork, work habits, and general ethics questions. I can't remember the questions exactly. However, I do remember I remained enthusiastic and positive throughout the entire meeting. This meant much more than my stereotypical, somewhat lame answers. Anyways, they sent me home, and told me they'd call for a second interview. To my surprise they totally did! Upon arriving for the 2nd meeting my current manager offered me a job. I then authorized a background check, and took a drug test. That's it. I'm currently in college and this job is awesome!

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve a problem with someone who doesn't speak English.   View Answer
    Non-existant, for me at least. They offered me $7.50 an hour and I took it.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

It was my first job and they were desperate for warm bodies to help in the store. There were hardly any questions. Just the basics.

This was an entry level/ part-time job. I got above minimum wage and was happy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntington Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2011.

Apply online and be sure to call the manager of the store that you would like to work in. They will pull up your application and if they feel good about you they will have you come in to do an assessment and skills test. This process can take up to two hours and covers basic math skills, how well you can read the fine print on ,coupons and store promotions, customer service scenarios, and a personality test. The best way to pass the personality section is to either check the strongly agree or the strongly disagree options, never the options in the middle.
    After you have submitted the test it is up to you to contact the manager again to pull up the results. If they are happy with what they see you will be called in for an interview. In the interview you will be asked questions by both the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manger, you may even have a shift leader sit in on the meeting. They will ask you about your availability. If you are applying to work in a 24 hour store you will be aked if you are willing to work the overnight shift...SAY YES. You will also be told that you must work all weekends and holidays. Retail experience is appreciated, but not required. You also do not need experience in the position that you are applying for. They are no longer hiring specific departments, it is being streamlined into Front End and Pharmacy. Gone are the days of being hired on as a photo tech, sales associate, or Cosmetics.
    Once they are happy with you in the interview process they will immediately send you to a drug testing facility. They test urine for all drugs, if you have taken any prescription drugs you must have a physical copy of said prescription,, or you will fail the test. Results typically take 3 days, and if there are any questions regarding your results the doctor from the testing sight will call you and have you bring in any documentation that you may need to pass the test.
    The manager will call you in upon receiving negative results and sit you down to make you an offer. can tell you now, that offer will rest firmly at minimum wage. New hires generally get 25 hours the first week in order to complete all of the company mandated training called PPLs. After the first week the average hours an employee will get is about 18 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts?
      Tell me about a time that you resolved an issue for an unhappy customer.
      Do you multitask well?
      Can you keep up in a face paced work environment?
      Can you lift heavy objects?
      Are you willing to participate in charity community functions with other store associates on your free time?
      What is your definition of happy and healthy?
      How can you use your past experiences to benefit you in this new environment?
        View Answers (2)
    No negotiation possible...Minimum wadge is what you get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online, and received a phone call within a week. The interview process was simple, a one on one interview that was at the most 1/2 hour long. I was offered the position at the end and asked if I could start the next week. I was asked to take a drug test before starting.

Interview Questions
    • The online application was a standard retail personality survey with most of the questions centered on customer service, working with others and dealing with loss/theft.

The one on one interview was much of the same. It was casual and laid back without being sloppy.
        Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the wage offered was higher then minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

My local Walgreens had a sign on the door stating "Now Hiring". I needed a job, and I certainly visit the store enough (5 minutes from my house), so why not? I filled out the application and job assessment at my home on line, and then went to the store where I had to take an additional test, which can only be done there (also on line). I also brought in my resume, which an assistant manager gave to the store manager, who I had not yet met.

I got a call from the store manager a few days later, and after completing all of the online tests, he called me back for an interview, which I went to today. The manager was was cordial and professional, and we had a nice chat. Frankly, as a former business owner and manager I am rather over qualified for the position, but when one needs a job, one is not fussy. This looks like a good fit for me.

He got me set up to complete the application and take the drug test at a nearby lab, we shook hands and that was that. A very nice experience, considering it was my first job interview in 35 years!

Interview Questions
    I have not done that yet. Once I get a green light on the background and drug testing (no worries there) I'll have a chat about it. For now, I just need to get my foot in the door. The manager was very specific that they promote from within.

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!