Walgreens Photo Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2015

2.0

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I applied online and the process took a few days. I got a one on one interview with the store manager. She was very nice and made the interview simple as possible and asked just basic questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Saugus, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, got a call a few days later, went into the store to complete the Skills Assessment, then the manager scheduled me for an interview two days later. After the interview was done, he offered me the job on the spot, gave me the forms I needed and said he would call to set up my first day of work once all the paperwork got back to him. The interview took about a half hour or less. The first part was just describing what the requirements were and what was expected and then he asked me around 6 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time when someone (customer, classmate, etc) was being difficult with you? Explain the situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation; asked if minimum wage was ok and I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in San Gabriel, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (San Gabriel, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First off, the people who's been really nice to write reviews about their experiences have been really helpful with the whole job process. I'm writing to pay it back and hopefully be someone to help others too. The whole job process has been amazing. I had to take the assessment online then went to the store 4 days after to finish the test in-store. I met employees and had a little chat with them while taking the test in the store. It is important to be very friendly from the very beginning because 1. It takes the pressure, stress and nervousness away 2. They give tips on how to ace the interview 3. The manager sees your outgoing personality especially with the employees which may be your future workmates and it's definitely plus point. After taking the test, the computer in the store wasn't working so the manager told me to call back the next day. I called back the next day unfortunately the computer still wasn't working so the manager asked for my number and told me that she's calling up another store for my test results and get back to me. She was very nice to call me back the next day even though she's a very busy person. So just cutting it short, we scheduled an appointment on Wednesday, I came in wearing something that is really formal, dress, black heels etc. Came in 10 minutes early. I again met up with the employees, met new ones and had a pleasant conversation with them before being called to the back for an interview. The interview took at least half an hour, it was a very easy interview just questions mainly about you, your work experiences and situational questions. One thing that's really gonna come handy is preparation especially when it comes to the situational questions, so google em up, read more reviews in here and practice. Good luck! Oh and one more thing, always smile and just show genuine interest for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why do you think diversity is important in the workplace? Tell me about a time when you had difficulty communicating with a customer Tell me about a time when the customer did not receive good customer service from you Tell me about a time when you contributed to the success of the team Tell me about your past relationships with your coworkers It was more of working in a team type of questions   Answer Question

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Applied online. Afterwards, you must go to a store to complete a basic skills assessment that consisted of the least agree/most agree questions and basic consumer math. Afterwards you must wait for a call back in most cases. This is followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Examples of questions are, "When was a time that you had to help someone with disabilities?" or " Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer service situation. How did you resolve it?" If you meet their approval you are sent for a drug screening. Job offer is dependent on a negative result.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult situation where you had a conflict with management personnel at a previous employer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The offer was as is. Flat non-negotiable pay by hour.

Photo Specialist Interview

Interview

Filled out online application. Took online test. Had to apply to specific Walgreens store. Called in to take (inshore) online test {available via intranet-only}. Had to return a second time because computers were down (due to weather)<literally>.Called in for face-to-face interview. Took Drug test. Then one more face interview with store manager and assistant store manager.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in August 2014.

Interview

I scored high on the assessment tests which were math tests. I was called by three different stores, chose one, had a quick interview, was offered the job and sent to do my drug test. I did my drug on a Monday and was hired that Friday.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation said the starting pay was 8.25 but the following year there would be a Shift Lead position opening.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied for the job online they called me within a few days. I got interviewed at one location where I did testing. Then the one interview started. She liked me but recommended me to another location because she needed someone who could stay till 12AM. I did an interview with the other store and got the job. You will have to take a drug test on the same day. I passed and they called me in 2 days later to work.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in this situation? Describe a situation where you had to give great customer service?   Answer Question

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Interview

It takes about 3 weeks to get into the Walgreen's company on the store level, even when the store manager has said that the specific store is desperately in need of a few new people right away. The online application is very long but it can be completed in your home or at the store. However, you have to go into the store to complete more online testing and then finally you can meet with the manager for a moment to schedule an interview and get the questions that you have answered. The interview

Interview Questions

• Will you accept a lower position to start with minimum pay and work your way up in the company over time?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate hours and shifts to work. I was able to negotiate advancement in the company but what I did not have worked out because the assistant manager I was negotiating with did not first check if it was available to me for certain and it turned out that out was not available. Always ask to have the top manager finalize your offer and acceptance.

Photo Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

It seemed like the usual interview. I had to take a simple math quiz and answer questions about previous employers.

Interview Questions

• How would I rate myself as an employee?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Omaha, NE) in February 2014.

Interview

I was a walk-in applicant. I saw a "now hiring," sign, so I applied on the spot. It only took 20 minutes. They had me use the computer in back. The manager was really nice and friendly. I got called back two days later for my first interview. The hiring manager asked me questions pertaining to teamwork, work habits, and general ethics questions. I can't remember the questions exactly. However, I do remember I remained enthusiastic and positive throughout the entire meeting. This meant much more than my stereotypical, somewhat lame answers. Anyways, they sent me home, and told me they'd call for a second interview. To my surprise they totally did! Upon arriving for the 2nd meeting my current manager offered me a job. I then authorized a background check, and took a drug test. That's it. I'm currently in college and this job is awesome!

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve a problem with someone who doesn't speak English.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existant, for me at least. They offered me $7.50 an hour and I took it.