Walgreens

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Thousand Oaks, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview Details – Apply online. Call to follow up. If they like you they will call you in for an interview. If you get a drug test form you're basically in. Start working as soon as possible. Wont get first check for 3 weeks

Negotiation Details – I just took what they would give

Photo Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – It seemed like the usual interview. I had to take a simple math quiz and answer questions about previous employers.

Interview Question – How would I rate myself as an employee?   View Answer

Omaha, NE

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was a walk-in applicant. I saw a "now hiring," sign, so I applied on the spot. It only took 20 minutes. They had me use the computer in back. The manager was really nice and friendly. I got called back two days later for my first interview. The hiring manager asked me questions pertaining to teamwork, work habits, and general ethics questions. I can't remember the questions exactly. However, I do remember I remained enthusiastic and positive throughout the entire meeting. This meant much more than my stereotypical, somewhat lame answers. Anyways, they sent me home, and told me they'd call for a second interview. To my surprise they totally did! Upon arriving for the 2nd meeting my current manager offered me a job. I then authorized a background check, and took a drug test. That's it. I'm currently in college and this job is awesome!

Interview Question – How would you resolve a problem with someone who doesn't speak English.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Non-existant, for me at least. They offered me $7.50 an hour and I took it.

Photo Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2010.

Interview Details – It was my first job and they were desperate for warm bodies to help in the store. There were hardly any questions. Just the basics.

Negotiation Details – This was an entry level/ part-time job. I got above minimum wage and was happy.

Huntington Beach, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2011.

Interview Details – Apply online and be sure to call the manager of the store that you would like to work in. They will pull up your application and if they feel good about you they will have you come in to do an assessment and skills test. This process can take up to two hours and covers basic math skills, how well you can read the fine print on ,coupons and store promotions, customer service scenarios, and a personality test. The best way to pass the personality section is to either check the strongly agree or the strongly disagree options, never the options in the middle.
After you have submitted the test it is up to you to contact the manager again to pull up the results. If they are happy with what they see you will be called in for an interview. In the interview you will be asked questions by both the Store Manager and the Assistant Store Manger, you may even have a shift leader sit in on the meeting. They will ask you about your availability. If you are applying to work in a 24 hour store you will be aked if you are willing to work the overnight shift...SAY YES. You will also be told that you must work all weekends and holidays. Retail experience is appreciated, but not required. You also do not need experience in the position that you are applying for. They are no longer hiring specific departments, it is being streamlined into Front End and Pharmacy. Gone are the days of being hired on as a photo tech, sales associate, or Cosmetics.
Once they are happy with you in the interview process they will immediately send you to a drug testing facility. They test urine for all drugs, if you have taken any prescription drugs you must have a physical copy of said prescription,, or you will fail the test. Results typically take 3 days, and if there are any questions regarding your results the doctor from the testing sight will call you and have you bring in any documentation that you may need to pass the test.
The manager will call you in upon receiving negative results and sit you down to make you an offer. can tell you now, that offer will rest firmly at minimum wage. New hires generally get 25 hours the first week in order to complete all of the company mandated training called PPLs. After the first week the average hours an employee will get is about 18 hours.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work weekends, holidays, and overnight shifts?
Tell me about a time that you resolved an issue for an unhappy customer.
Do you multitask well?
Can you keep up in a face paced work environment?
Can you lift heavy objects?
Are you willing to participate in charity community functions with other store associates on your free time?
What is your definition of happy and healthy?
How can you use your past experiences to benefit you in this new environment?
  View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible...Minimum wadge is what you get.

Tacoma, WA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I applied online, and received a phone call within a week. The interview process was simple, a one on one interview that was at the most 1/2 hour long. I was offered the position at the end and asked if I could start the next week. I was asked to take a drug test before starting.

Interview Question – The online application was a standard retail personality survey with most of the questions centered on customer service, working with others and dealing with loss/theft.

The one on one interview was much of the same. It was casual and laid back without being sloppy.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, the wage offered was higher then minimum.

Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Interview Details – My local Walgreens had a sign on the door stating "Now Hiring". I needed a job, and I certainly visit the store enough (5 minutes from my house), so why not? I filled out the application and job assessment at my home on line, and then went to the store where I had to take an additional test, which can only be done there (also on line). I also brought in my resume, which an assistant manager gave to the store manager, who I had not yet met.

I got a call from the store manager a few days later, and after completing all of the online tests, he called me back for an interview, which I went to today. The manager was was cordial and professional, and we had a nice chat. Frankly, as a former business owner and manager I am rather over qualified for the position, but when one needs a job, one is not fussy. This looks like a good fit for me.

He got me set up to complete the application and take the drug test at a nearby lab, we shook hands and that was that. A very nice experience, considering it was my first job interview in 35 years!

Interview Question – None. I felt as though I was speaking with a peer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I have not done that yet. Once I get a green light on the background and drug testing (no worries there) I'll have a chat about it. For now, I just need to get my foot in the door. The manager was very specific that they promote from within.

Photo Specialist

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was every straightforward. a little longer. tell us about a time when this happened and how you reacted kind of thing..

Photo Specialist

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2009.

Interview Details – i just walked in five years ago with my resume talked to a manager who hired me on the spot

Negotiation Details – no negotiation i started and 7.75 ended up about 12.50

Photo Specialist

I interviewed at Walgreens in February 2011.

Interview Details – interviewed with the store manager, very basic questions about what I knew bout the company itself. Basic customer service questions. Background information. Asked me if I was capable of very simple functions

Interview Question – Why Walgreens   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!