Walgreens

Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.0

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online. Afterwards, you must go to a store to complete a basic skills assessment that consisted of the least agree/most agree questions and basic consumer math. Afterwards you must wait for a call back in most cases. This is followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager. Examples of questions are, "When was a time that you had to help someone with disabilities?" or " Think of a time you had to handle a difficult customer service situation. How did you resolve it?" If you meet their approval you are sent for a drug screening. Job offer is dependent on a negative result.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a difficult situation where you had a conflict with management personnel at a previous employer. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
There was no negotiation. The offer was as is. Flat non-negotiable pay by hour.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Photo Specialist Interview

Filled out online application. Took online test. Had to apply to specific Walgreens store. Called in to take (inshore) online test {available via intranet-only}. Had to return a second time because computers were down (due to weather)<literally>.Called in for face-to-face interview. Took Drug test. Then one more face interview with store manager and assistant store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I scored high on the assessment tests which were math tests. I was called by three different stores, chose one, had a quick interview, was offered the job and sent to do my drug test. I did my drug on a Monday and was hired that Friday.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you dealt with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    No negotiation said the starting pay was 8.25 but the following year there would be a Shift Lead position opening.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

It takes about 3 weeks to get into the Walgreen's company on the store level, even when the store manager has said that the specific store is desperately in need of a few new people right away. The online application is very long but it can be completed in your home or at the store. However, you have to go into the store to complete more online testing and then finally you can meet with the manager for a moment to schedule an interview and get the questions that you have answered. The interview

Interview Questions
    • Will you accept a lower position to start with minimum pay and work your way up in the company over time?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate hours and shifts to work. I was able to negotiate advancement in the company but what I did not have worked out because the assistant manager I was negotiating with did not first check if it was available to me for certain and it turned out that out was not available. Always ask to have the top manager finalize your offer and acceptance.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

It seemed like the usual interview. I had to take a simple math quiz and answer questions about previous employers.

Interview Questions
    • How would I rate myself as an employee?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

I was a walk-in applicant. I saw a "now hiring," sign, so I applied on the spot. It only took 20 minutes. They had me use the computer in back. The manager was really nice and friendly. I got called back two days later for my first interview. The hiring manager asked me questions pertaining to teamwork, work habits, and general ethics questions. I can't remember the questions exactly. However, I do remember I remained enthusiastic and positive throughout the entire meeting. This meant much more than my stereotypical, somewhat lame answers. Anyways, they sent me home, and told me they'd call for a second interview. To my surprise they totally did! Upon arriving for the 2nd meeting my current manager offered me a job. I then authorized a background check, and took a drug test. That's it. I'm currently in college and this job is awesome!

Interview Questions
    • How would you resolve a problem with someone who doesn't speak English.   View Answer
    Non-existant, for me at least. They offered me $7.50 an hour and I took it.

Photo Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

fast and easy (if you are lucky) i got the job a day after i put in the application but i do know some people that dont get calls at all

nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online, and received a phone call within a week. The interview process was simple, a one on one interview that was at the most 1/2 hour long. I was offered the position at the end and asked if I could start the next week. I was asked to take a drug test before starting.

Interview Questions
    • The online application was a standard retail personality survey with most of the questions centered on customer service, working with others and dealing with loss/theft.

The one on one interview was much of the same. It was casual and laid back without being sloppy.

Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, the wage offered was higher then minimum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boca Raton, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

My local Walgreens had a sign on the door stating "Now Hiring". I needed a job, and I certainly visit the store enough (5 minutes from my house), so why not? I filled out the application and job assessment at my home on line, and then went to the store where I had to take an additional test, which can only be done there (also on line). I also brought in my resume, which an assistant manager gave to the store manager, who I had not yet met.

I got a call from the store manager a few days later, and after completing all of the online tests, he called me back for an interview, which I went to today. The manager was was cordial and professional, and we had a nice chat. Frankly, as a former business owner and manager I am rather over qualified for the position, but when one needs a job, one is not fussy. This looks like a good fit for me.

He got me set up to complete the application and take the drug test at a nearby lab, we shook hands and that was that. A very nice experience, considering it was my first job interview in 35 years!

Interview Questions
    I have not done that yet. Once I get a green light on the background and drug testing (no worries there) I'll have a chat about it. For now, I just need to get my foot in the door. The manager was very specific that they promote from within.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marquette, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marquette, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

I was called in to take the skills test and later that day called and scheduled an interview. Was hired on the spot pending drug test. Whole process was 2 weeks from submitting to start date.

Interview Questions
    • If you see a coworker doing something wrong, what would you do?   Answer Question
    Told me what I would be making. That was it.