Walgreens SALES CLERK Interview Questions

1.6

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Malden, MA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malden, MA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

I filled out the first portion online, then went into the store a few days later to complete the second part. Went back a few days later to ask the manager if there was anything else I could do to move on in the next step, she said she would take a look at my application and scheduled me in for an interview. Went to the interview but the manager said they were looking for people with more availability.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Pretty basic. Interview with senior assistant, drug test, one day of training. The entire process took about two weeks from application submission to training day.

Interview Questions
    • You are quite overqualified for these positions, how do I know that if I hire you, you will not quit at the next best offer?   View Answer

SALES CLERK Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Basically walked in and got the job, they needed people bad and I can see why after my experience there. After taking the drug test and passing the background check I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Springs, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Springs, MO

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

I filled out an application and then went in to take a test on their computers. The next day I went in for an interview with the manager. It was very casual.

Interview Questions
    • He focused a lot on what I liked to do in my free time, since I had no work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocean Pines, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean Pines, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

the manager had me come in for 3 separate interviews he was desperate for help and i was more then qualified for the job with over 5 years sales experience. told me he'd give me a call back in two days i called back after the third day and he said he was going to keep looking i didnt get hired and he said i could re apply. why re apply only to waist more time only to be tould no again?

Interview Questions
    • they were all basic questions non were really hard or anything nothing i havent had before.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Apple Valley, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online to two different stores; If your application is good and well, you're told to do an assessment in the store you'd like to work at. I was called for an interview about a week later although I was told they weren't hiring when I went in store to check on my application status. I had one interview and it was very basic. They do a urine drug test and background check which takes about a week to process. I was offered the job about 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • General questions like availability, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question
    I was called and offered $8.50.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2012.

Hiring process was easy; there were a few steps required but all of it was easy and finished up within two weeks. I submitted my application online and got a call back about 4 days later from the manager asking me to come into any Walgreens store to complete a small test on their computer. The test was long but not very hard, it involved money handling questions (like asking you to make change, simple math basically) and questions about dealing with people etc. After completing it I was told that if I passed the test I'd get a call from the manager to come in for an interview. They called me in for an interview about 2 days later and were very flexible in scheduling a time for me to come in.

I cam to the interview dressed in a casual ladies suit, I felt like that it helped me get the job. The interview was impersonal and honestly quite silly; the manager asked me questions from a list, one was something like "what do you do to help your friends when they're in need?" and "name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it". The simplicity of the questions kind of threw me off guard being that it was my first interview.

After that I was called a few days later to take a drug test and a few days later yet I was called in to start working. Overall it was an easy process but impersonal process.

Interview Questions
    • "Name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melrose Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2012.

I did the application online one night and got a call first thing in the morning to set up an interview. There were really no interview questions. The manager just told me to take this personality test and go take a drug test. The only question he asked was my availability. I took the drug test that same day and started 2 days later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Gainesville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2011.

You Apply online. Take 2 tests. One is online during the application the other is in store on their computer. Then they call you for an interview if you score high. Interviewed by 2 managers..very friendly easy standard questions. Accepted offer. Minimum wage kind of sucks.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you qualified for the position?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were faced with a customer problem and how you resolved it?   Answer Question
    not really negotiable...entry level position. You do what they say and give you the wage they choose.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westminster, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2011.

I interviewed online and I had to come into Walgreens for a skills assessment test. The skills assessment test was easy for me but I found out after that many people do not pass the test. You must at least past the skills assessment test for the employer to even look at your application. The interview portion was mostly about situational ones where they grade you based on a scale of 1-5 on how well you answer the question. The questions were mostly "tell me a time when...". I also brought in my resume which might have helped me land the job. I got called probably within 2-3 days after telling me to come in to complete the paperwork and get my drug and background check.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had a discreptancy with a co-worker.   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!