Walgreens Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.2

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

I got called in for the first interview almost one day after I completed the in-store assessment test. The interview was short and sweet, standard questions about how I would handle stressful situations or angry customers etc. I did not get the job the first time (I was only 16 at the time and they needed someone who was 17 or older for legal reasons) but the day I turned 17, I got another phone call and had basically the same interview with both the store manager and another regular manager. I got hired on the spot and started work the next day. I did training simulations for the first few days and then was trained briefly in photo and front register. After less than a day of hands on training, I was sent off on my own on front register.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any hard questions but they had me describe how I handled a few random situations similar to what I would face in the workplace; I had never had a job before and I was homeschooled, so the teamwork questions were a bit difficult   View Answer
no negotiation, they told me I would start with minimum wage and that was that.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Applied in store. Did an online assessment that consisted of multiple choice answers that test your ability to read coupons correctly and make change. Pretty basic. Still waiting for them to review the application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call and scheduled an in person interview.
    Didn't really get asked any questions about myself or my previous experience. The manager was nice, but didn't seem particularly organized. The store itself is also very small.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens.

Everything was very quick, which surprised me, due to some of the reviews on here. I guess it depends on the location. The interview was very informal and seemed to be based on some predetermined questions. No pressure. If you're curious how to dress for an interview at a place like this, just be sure to be business casual to be safe. No need for overkill, but be clean and sharp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Very casual but I was being interviewed with another person in the room in competition for the same position and we both wound up getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming but wound up being a non-supportive, unlikeable boss.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pharr, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Applied Online, very simple, then had to go to a store and complete the rest of the application. Afterwards, got a call a week later for a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard all standard questions, like when was the hardest time when you had to deal with a customer.   Answer Question

Got an offer but then offered a way better job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Simple interview. Before an interview with a manager I had to take a skill test that took me about 45 minutes to complete. Had me use the computer at the photo lab which was awkward because customers thought I was an associate. Maybe it was a test?

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. The most unexpected one had something to do with a situation in which someone asked you for help and you refused.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate anything. They haven't really given me much information about the job yet, honestly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Holland, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Holland, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2009.

There was one interview by the Storemanager, she was very direct, explained that she needed good people who come to work and work hard. The drug test was the real deciding factor, after I passed that I received a phone call to inform me that I passed the test.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online, Called the next day, the following day I went into take the skills assessment and had a structured interview with an assistant manager, was called back for interview with store manager, Position offered

Interview Questions

Accepted a position at a different store

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!