Walgreens Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online application was followed by in store application which consisted of multiple choice questions about handling various situations you might encounter on the job and how you would handle them, also math aptitude questions about making change and recognizing validity of coupons. My online application didn't complete the first time, had to go back and redo. When I went to store to complete the application, the "system" was down that weekend. Went to another store another night and need a manager to access in store system - manager was gone for weekend and other employees weren't helpful. Went to another store that same evening and manager was there and helpful. Helps to be persistent.

Interview Questions

• Do I mind working with difficult customers?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2015.

Interview

I was seated in the office and asked a short interview was conducted, mainly about availability. After I took a drug test, I came back and another interview occurred. It was done by remade questions on the manager's computer. They were friendly and it was relaxed. The questions were typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a situation with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online an about a month and half later was contacted. I did the skills assessment and the next day was contacted for an interview. The interview had no actual interviews, he sat there and looked through my application. I felt like I had the job when I called for a follow up but I ended up not hearing from them.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

computer test and interview. I failed my computer test pshh whatever that means. It had stupid personality quizzes but based on the people who they hire clearly that stupid test is wrong. I guess I messed up on the arithmetic I just thought the whole thing was stupid. good job for students

Interview Questions

• none everything is stupid. is all about you having open availability and being dependent on the job and having nowhere to go. they like people like that   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted online application, they called a day later and said to come in the closest store to take the skills assessment. As soon as I finished the assessment the assistant manager of a nearby store called and asked if I could come for an interview. A day after that interview I got a call from the manager for another interview. She hired me on the spot and said I had 48 hours to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mainly behavioral questions, the only "real" interview question was "Why do you want to work for Walgreens?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I got called In to take skills Assesment test. Passed and then got a interview. went in for the interview brave and they liked that. Now I have to take the drug test

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Applied in store. Did an online assessment that consisted of multiple choice answers that test your ability to read coupons correctly and make change. Pretty basic. Still waiting for them to review the application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (La Mirada, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Everything was very quick, which surprised me, due to some of the reviews on here. I guess it depends on the location. The interview was very informal and seemed to be based on some predetermined questions. No pressure. If you're curious how to dress for an interview at a place like this, just be sure to be business casual to be safe. No need for overkill, but be clean and sharp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

It was pretty informal, I was interviewed alone by the General Manager of the store and he went through a list of questions regarding times when I have shown work qualities, such as as tailoring my experience to a customer's specific needs, or going above and beyond the requirements of my job. We laughed about my experience and such, it was relatively relaxed in regards to other interview circumstances.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you didn't help a coworker in need?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, I basically just had to accept the pay.