Walgreens

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.2

31 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

computer test and interview. I failed my computer test pshh whatever that means. It had stupid personality quizzes but based on the people who they hire clearly that stupid test is wrong. I guess I messed up on the arithmetic I just thought the whole thing was stupid. good job for students

Interview Questions
  • none everything is stupid. is all about you having open availability and being dependent on the job and having nowhere to go. they like people like that   Answer Question
none

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2014.

Submitted online application, they called a day later and said to come in the closest store to take the skills assessment. As soon as I finished the assessment the assistant manager of a nearby store called and asked if I could come for an interview. A day after that interview I got a call from the manager for another interview. She hired me on the spot and said I had 48 hours to go take a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were mainly behavioral questions, the only "real" interview question was "Why do you want to work for Walgreens?"   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied in store. Did an online assessment that consisted of multiple choice answers that test your ability to read coupons correctly and make change. Pretty basic. Still waiting for them to review the application.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Everything was very quick, which surprised me, due to some of the reviews on here. I guess it depends on the location. The interview was very informal and seemed to be based on some predetermined questions. No pressure. If you're curious how to dress for an interview at a place like this, just be sure to be business casual to be safe. No need for overkill, but be clean and sharp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

It was pretty informal, I was interviewed alone by the General Manager of the store and he went through a list of questions regarding times when I have shown work qualities, such as as tailoring my experience to a customer's specific needs, or going above and beyond the requirements of my job. We laughed about my experience and such, it was relatively relaxed in regards to other interview circumstances.

Interview Questions
    • Was there ever a time where you didn't help a coworker in need?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase, I basically just had to accept the pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Applied online. Received a phone call and scheduled an in person interview.
    Didn't really get asked any questions about myself or my previous experience. The manager was nice, but didn't seem particularly organized. The store itself is also very small.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pharr, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Applied Online, very simple, then had to go to a store and complete the rest of the application. Afterwards, got a call a week later for a formal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard all standard questions, like when was the hardest time when you had to deal with a customer.   Answer Question

Got an offer but then offered a way better job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangor, ME

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Simple interview. Before an interview with a manager I had to take a skill test that took me about 45 minutes to complete. Had me use the computer at the photo lab which was awkward because customers thought I was an associate. Maybe it was a test?

Interview Questions
    • Situational questions. The most unexpected one had something to do with a situation in which someone asked you for help and you refused.   Answer Question
    I didn't try to negotiate anything. They haven't really given me much information about the job yet, honestly.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Applied online, Called the next day, the following day I went into take the skills assessment and had a structured interview with an assistant manager, was called back for interview with store manager, Position offered

Interview Questions

Accepted a position at a different store