Walgreens

Average Difficulty
26 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

La Mirada, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2014.

Interview Details – Had to complete a thirty minute test. What would you do questions. Math part, basic math. Met with manager and a trainee, they asked a lot of name a situation where you were facing a difficult or upset customer and you were able to turn around the experience. Name a situation where thinking outside the box helped you to overcome and get a great solution.

Interview Question – Name a situation where doing something differently than what you normally do allowed you to overcome adversity.   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Applied in store. Did an online assessment that consisted of multiple choice answers that test your ability to read coupons correctly and make change. Pretty basic. Still waiting for them to review the application.

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received a phone call and scheduled an in person interview.
Didn't really get asked any questions about myself or my previous experience. The manager was nice, but didn't seem particularly organized. The store itself is also very small.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Everything was very quick, which surprised me, due to some of the reviews on here. I guess it depends on the location. The interview was very informal and seemed to be based on some predetermined questions. No pressure. If you're curious how to dress for an interview at a place like this, just be sure to be business casual to be safe. No need for overkill, but be clean and sharp.

Interview Question – How did you manage a miscommunication issue?   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very casual but I was being interviewed with another person in the room in competition for the same position and we both wound up getting the job. The interviewer was very friendly and welcoming but wound up being a non-supportive, unlikeable boss.

Interview Question – All were expected, nothing mind-bending.   Answer Question

Pharr, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied Online, very simple, then had to go to a store and complete the rest of the application. Afterwards, got a call a week later for a formal interview.

Interview Question – Nothing hard all standard questions, like when was the hardest time when you had to deal with a customer.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer but then offered a way better job.

Bangor, ME

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2013.

Interview Details – Simple interview. Before an interview with a manager I had to take a skill test that took me about 45 minutes to complete. Had me use the computer at the photo lab which was awkward because customers thought I was an associate. Maybe it was a test?

Interview Question – Situational questions. The most unexpected one had something to do with a situation in which someone asked you for help and you refused.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate anything. They haven't really given me much information about the job yet, honestly.

South Holland, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in December 2009.

Interview Details – There was one interview by the Storemanager, she was very direct, explained that she needed good people who come to work and work hard. The drug test was the real deciding factor, after I passed that I received a phone call to inform me that I passed the test.

Interview Question – I don't remember any of her questions   View Answer

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Applied online, Called the next day, the following day I went into take the skills assessment and had a structured interview with an assistant manager, was called back for interview with store manager, Position offered

Interview Question – All fairly routine questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted a position at a different store

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – i had one interview and it went ok it was a good expriance

Interview Question – what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!