Walgreens Sales Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Dec 8, 2014

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Malden, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Malden, MA).

Interview

I filled out the first portion online, then went into the store a few days later to complete the second part. Went back a few days later to ask the manager if there was anything else I could do to move on in the next step, she said she would take a look at my application and scheduled me in for an interview. Went to the interview but the manager said they were looking for people with more availability.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Pretty basic. Interview with senior assistant, drug test, one day of training. The entire process took about two weeks from application submission to training day.

Interview Questions

• You are quite overqualified for these positions, how do I know that if I hire you, you will not quit at the next best offer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocean Pines, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Ocean Pines, MD) in November 2013.

Interview

the manager had me come in for 3 separate interviews he was desperate for help and i was more then qualified for the job with over 5 years sales experience. told me he'd give me a call back in two days i called back after the third day and he said he was going to keep looking i didnt get hired and he said i could re apply. why re apply only to waist more time only to be tould no again?

Interview Questions

• they were all basic questions non were really hard or anything nothing i havent had before.   Answer Question

SALES CLERK Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2013.

Interview

Basically walked in and got the job, they needed people bad and I can see why after my experience there. After taking the drug test and passing the background check I was hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Apple Valley, CA).

Interview

Applied online to two different stores; If your application is good and well, you're told to do an assessment in the store you'd like to work at. I was called for an interview about a week later although I was told they weren't hiring when I went in store to check on my application status. I had one interview and it was very basic. They do a urine drug test and background check which takes about a week to process. I was offered the job about 3 days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions like availability, previous experience, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was called and offered $8.50.

Anonymous Employee in Blue Springs, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Blue Springs, MO) in April 2013.

Interview

I filled out an application and then went in to take a test on their computers. The next day I went in for an interview with the manager. It was very casual.

Interview Questions

• He focused a lot on what I liked to do in my free time, since I had no work experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was easy; there were a few steps required but all of it was easy and finished up within two weeks. I submitted my application online and got a call back about 4 days later from the manager asking me to come into any Walgreens store to complete a small test on their computer. The test was long but not very hard, it involved money handling questions (like asking you to make change, simple math basically) and questions about dealing with people etc. After completing it I was told that if I passed the test I'd get a call from the manager to come in for an interview. They called me in for an interview about 2 days later and were very flexible in scheduling a time for me to come in.

I cam to the interview dressed in a casual ladies suit, I felt like that it helped me get the job. The interview was impersonal and honestly quite silly; the manager asked me questions from a list, one was something like "what do you do to help your friends when they're in need?" and "name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it". The simplicity of the questions kind of threw me off guard being that it was my first interview.

After that I was called a few days later to take a drug test and a few days later yet I was called in to start working. Overall it was an easy process but impersonal process.

Interview Questions

• "Name a situation where there was a problem and you helped to solve it"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens (Melrose Park, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I did the application online one night and got a call first thing in the morning to set up an interview. There were really no interview questions. The manager just told me to take this personality test and go take a drug test. The only question he asked was my availability. I took the drug test that same day and started 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?!   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens (Lafayette, IN) in November 2011.

Interview

You have to go into the store and take the assessment test which is annoying you cant complete at home. I had 2 interviews. The 1st interview was getting to know me as a person.the 2nd interview more about what I would do in certain situations and past work experience how it would help me with the job applying for.after getting hired do 3 days more or less of training front register.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a customer you could not understand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

That i could work a different department once trained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Westminster, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

I interviewed online and I had to come into Walgreens for a skills assessment test. The skills assessment test was easy for me but I found out after that many people do not pass the test. You must at least past the skills assessment test for the employer to even look at your application. The interview portion was mostly about situational ones where they grade you based on a scale of 1-5 on how well you answer the question. The questions were mostly "tell me a time when...". I also brought in my resume which might have helped me land the job. I got called probably within 2-3 days after telling me to come in to complete the paperwork and get my drug and background check.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a discreptancy with a co-worker.   Answer Question