Walgreens Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview Questions

Updated Aug 1, 2015

1.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Houston, TX).

Interview

I had a walk in interview with the pharmacy manager. He asked if I would be able to work certain hours that were available. We talked about what the job would entail. He asked for my certification and contact info. I was later called to have a drug screening, once I passed I was hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. There is a entry base pay with annual raises until recently.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Portland, OR).

Interview

Interviewed to keep job after merger, all Hi-School Pharmacy employees had to interview to hold on to their current jobs. All had to pass interview, background checks, and drug tests to stay employed at new company, regardless of seniority or previous experience.

Interview Questions

• Is your workload manageable?   1 Answer

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview

I was called in to do an interview with a manager and the pharmacy manager. It was pretty laid back, just asked me about my education (I have a college degree in another field) and my job experience. I was offered the job on the spot.

Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I called at the perfect time. I got an interview the next day, and was offered the job immediately following the interview. Not to mention I'm good with people, but the interview seemed easy-peasy

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest asset you can provide for this pharmacy?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation available for pay. I have 5 years experience, but was forced to take the starting pay equivalent to someone with no experience. That was disappointing, but hey, it's a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

Typical interview process. Asked many of the same questions as asked at other companies. It was in one of the patient consultation rooms and was very laid back. We mainly laughed and joked about pharmacy life.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever had to go above and beyond at a job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

Simple background questions, talked about previous experience, school experience, retail experience, why I want to work at walgreens, describing situations with difficult customers, what to do situation questions, what are your skills and abilities

Interview Questions

• Have you ever experienced a difficult situation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Memphis, TN) in July 2011.

Interview

Interviews with store manager and pharmacy manager leading to an interview with someone from district office.they offer in house training and are looking for people with high volume sales and customer service

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Macon, GA) in April 2010.

Interview

The application process is completed online, then you will be asked to walk into a store for the skills assessment (personality and basic math), then you will be asked for an interview with pharmacy manager and/or store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (Aurora, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

No interview conducted. Position was offered by a nice pharmacy manager who appreciated my hard work and knowledge of the pharmacy overall.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Salem, OR) in January 2010.

Interview

Walgreens was desperate to hire anyone who would show up. It was sheer luck that they hired someone that wanted to be a tech.

Interview Questions

• Nothing in the interview was difficult they needed people extremely bad as they are horrid employers and all good people leave them   Answer Question