Walgreens

66 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – The hiring process is not very rigorous. They ask the typical questions such as how you have helped customers in the past, what are your strengths or weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – Pay is not sufficient to justify such a low pay.   Answer Question

Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in November 2011.

Interview Details – Online application, then in-house application with customer service questions, money handling questions. If pass those, then in person interview, if job offer then based on drug test passing.

Interview Question – Depends on job applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating, set hourly rate, take it or leave it. I interviewed just before Thanksgiving, they forgot to mention two weeks before Christmas they stay open until midnight, normally close at 10pm. I might not have accepted if I'd known that, doesn't sound like a problem but holiday sales stressful and may stay until 1am cleaning up, then return sometimes at 10 am to work day shift.

Service Clerk

I applied online and interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Assessment test only done in store. Interview questions. Examples on how you dealt with issues in the workplace, dealing with customers with a language barrier, etc

Interview Question – Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – I had to always stay in touch with the hiring manager to make sure they knew I was still interested.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation Details – I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Windsor Mill, MD

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in April 2011.

Interview Details – You have to submit an application via their website or in store. You are required to complete an in store assessment test after the initial application is submitted. They usually call the most qualified applicant in for an interview, if the manager like your application you usually hard hired in about a week.

Interview Question – Getting your sales pitch right during the interview is key. If you can't convince the manager to buy and candy bar you may not be hired.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Interview Details – You will get a call for a interview. (After finishing the 2nd part of the online test in store). On the interview you will meet with the store manager or assistant store manager. They would ask you the basics regarding your experience, why you want to work with us, your duties and if you feel you can handle them. It's important to be yourself and be outgoing. They would then give you a call back and send you for drug test which basically means you got the job if negative of course.

Negotiation Details – If you really want to negotiate pay you can do so if you have experience to back it up but if you really want the job I wouldn't advise it as you can be turn down. Once in the company and offered another position role like photo you can negotiate pay with your store manager and I would advise to do so. Starting pay as a service clerk (Customer service rep now is $8.50, Photo $9.00- $10.00 .25 additional each year more) Head photo up to $11.50: Same for cosmetics. (Started in Bronx NY, Transferred to City which used to be $1 more raise)

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – Online application, very extensive for what the job is

Interview Question – What would you do with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2009.

Interview Details – I put in an application online and was called in for an interview. The person who was going to interview me wasn't in the store, so I had to stand around and wait for 30 minutes for her to get there. We went into her office and sat at a desk, where she first had me fill out all the paperwork like I was already hired, then she started asking me questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me if I thought my age would keep me from lifting boxes and stocking shelves.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Service Clerk

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process is not that long, take an skills assessment. When I took the skills assessment the supervisor told me that I had failed but he had misread the "pass" or "fail" results, when it clearly states I passed or failed. The manager asks the typical questions, she was very professional and they do issue a drug screening.

Interview Question – There weren't no difficult questions, pretty much asks your availability and "about you"   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Service Clerk interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.