Walgreens

2.1

71 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I was trying to find a replacement job, because currently I am working in food, so I applied at walgreens. They called two days later to set up an interview, and the next day I went in. First I had to do the skills test thing, which to me seemed easy, it just took a really long time. Then I walked around the store for a bit because the manager I guess was busy, I had to wait a while which was a little annoying. Finally interviewed, and the manager was friendly, but I didnt like how she conducted the interview. She kept asking the same questions twice on accident and it was kinda weird. . Then toward the end she realized I was 17 and not 18, even tho I could see clearly on the page it had that I was a minor on it, and she just had realized this :/. So she was concernced I wouldnt be able to work past 12. Then finally, she said the pay would be $7.75.....which I didnt expect to be so low. I make 8 bucks an hour at a fast food business right now. So right then I decided I didnt want the job in my head. She called almost a complete week later and told me they went with someone else because they did better on the computer test (which kinda sucked because those things seems easy to me) but Im actually glad because if i got the job and accepted.....I'd work long hours, only night shifts, lower pay, and would be working with a scattered manager. No thanks

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a conflict you had with a coworker and/or customer in the past, and explain how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2009.

I put in an application online and was called in for an interview. The person who was going to interview me wasn't in the store, so I had to stand around and wait for 30 minutes for her to get there. We went into her office and sat at a desk, where she first had me fill out all the paperwork like I was already hired, then she started asking me questions.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me if I thought my age would keep me from lifting boxes and stocking shelves.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2013.

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Assessment test only done in store. Interview questions. Examples on how you dealt with issues in the workplace, dealing with customers with a language barrier, etc

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time you had to deal with conflict   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2011.

Online application, then in-house application with customer service questions, money handling questions. If pass those, then in person interview, if job offer then based on drug test passing.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating, set hourly rate, take it or leave it. I interviewed just before Thanksgiving, they forgot to mention two weeks before Christmas they stay open until midnight, normally close at 10pm. I might not have accepted if I'd known that, doesn't sound like a problem but holiday sales stressful and may stay until 1am cleaning up, then return sometimes at 10 am to work day shift.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Two interviews are conducted. You apply and then wait for a call from the store.The first interview is getting to know you and many questions are asked. Hiring and interview process is pretty good and the process went pretty smoothly. It is a good idea to talk about any research you did and maybe follow up with a thank you note. Also smiling and being positive. And be ready to answer their questions and have good questions to ask. That's what helped me out.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

I was called within 24 hours of filling out my online application. Because the manager was short handed we had the initial interview on the floor. The executive assistant manager (hiring manager) reviewed my scores and my profile and we did the one on one at the Photo Department.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about photography and developing digital photo?   View Answer
    There was not any negotiating. the position was an entry level position with out any verifiable experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pitts, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2014.

average usual questions look up interviewing and review before your interview ,personally I think that a lot of the hiring interviewing questions/practices etc. for minimum wage jobs is ridiculous

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in December 2010.

1 interview, basic questions, called in after school for an interview, manager was cocky as if he was doing me a favor by interviewing with me. Wanted open availability, unable to give that, he acted annoyed by that

Interview Questions
    No negotiations all straightforward minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

This interview process was quick and easy maybe because they were desperate to find someone because of employees quiting their jobs. After I apply online, I had to go to one of their stores to finish the second part of the application process. After that, one week later, I received a call from Walgreens asking if i can come for an interview. The interview was pretty basic. The manager that interviewed me, questioned me on values and what would I do type situations. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do in an angry customer in your line after they wanted was not the right price in the system?   Answer Question
    It was negotiable which is pretty pathetic for a full-time position at a fortune 500 company.