Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.1

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

I had to always stay in touch with the hiring manager to make sure they knew I was still interested.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

Online application, very extensive for what the job is

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Raleigh, NC) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview went well. The room was cold though. I wasn't even nervous at the interview. I was hired on the spot. I had applied at least four times for a position at walgreens.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in October 2013.

Interview

The interview process is not that long, take an skills assessment. When I took the skills assessment the supervisor told me that I had failed but he had misread the "pass" or "fail" results, when it clearly states I passed or failed. The manager asks the typical questions, she was very professional and they do issue a drug screening.

Interview Questions

• There weren't no difficult questions, pretty much asks your availability and "about you"   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Interview

Application/assessment test, followed by interview.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

I was called about a week after applying online and was asked to fill out a basic math skills test and behavioral test. After that I was asked very basic questions. The assistance manager that I interviewed with would not look me in the eyes and seemed very nervous himself.

Interview Questions

• All very basic questions. I think the most difficult was when I was ask to tell him about a time when I would not help my coworker.   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Completed application in store, was called a few days later to come in for an interview, they ask the same set of questions to every applicant to ensure each person has an equal opportunity. Had interview, was called a few hours later to offer me the position. All questions were like name a time when...etc and different life experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Only one interview, surprisingly informal. Store manager did the interview, and was polite and courteous. I felt respected and as if what I had to say was actually getting through. Interviews usually feel to me as if I'm talking to a brick wall.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, only the usual ones.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Looking back on it, I should have asked for some sort of guaranteed raise after a year (such as $.25), given my completion of certain objective requirements such as successfully and regularly finishing all tasks on time or ahead of schedule and maintaining exemplary attendance.

Service Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview

I went on their website and applied. I didn't know they were hiring I applied on a whim so I was surprised they called me about a week or two later to set up an interview for the next day. When I got there I had to take another assessment test. The test asked a couple of customer service related questions but majority of the questions were mathematical (making sure you can count money). For example it will say the total is $6.32 and the customer gave you $14.03 how much change would you give them? The numbers are so random, so if you're not good at mental math bring a calculator. You only get to interview if you pass the assessment. The manager that interviewed me was very busy leaving the interview to answer the phone or help some one etc. But she talked a lot about the company and what to expect. Since I had previous retail experience she asked questions like "tell me about a time you had to handle multiple customers at one time, what did you do and how do you know it was successful" and "tell me about a time you gave great customer service and how do you know it was successful". I thought I did terrible but she told me she liked me and she was going to give me the papers to take the drug test. Then I had to get on the computer and accept the position and electronically sign stuff I didn't really read (oops). The she told me I had 24 hours to take the drug test or I would forfeit the job. And the quicker I get that done the quicker I can start training. And I have to wait for the background check. She also told me I would most likely be working in the cosmetic department, something I have NO EXPERIENCE in, but now I'm just playing the waiting game.

Negotiation

Pay is minimum wage. I didnt try to negotiate but I think I could have and I'm upset with myself for not trying.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnson City, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Johnson City, TN).

Interview

Applied online and was called after a few weeks to finish the application process. Went in for an interview, which was very easy. They ask everyone the same questions and rate you on a scale (1 to 5, with 5 being the best answer score). I then had to do a drug test and wait on my background check. After that, I did one day of training before being left on my own.