Walgreens

Updated Feb 15, 2015
Updated Feb 15, 2015

2.1

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in April 2013.

Applied online, about a week later was called by the manager for an interview like a week and some days later. She informed me that I should finish the 2nd step in store before the day of the interview. In the interview she read off this paper, basically questions about how you handle certain situations like conflicts, helped someone, trained someone. I have no job experience so I used school experiences.

After the questions she had me do step 3 of the online application that asks you to consent to a background check and drug test and items to bring if you were offered a job. Then she told me about the position, the hours and stuff. Then I was handed a drug test form and was told I'd have to do it within the next 24 hours. I asked when I'd hear back about the position and she said to give it a week. 4 days later I got a call from one of the other managers (I think) offering me the job! So I guess the drug test form is a good sign when you go to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was a conflict that you resolved, what was the conflict and what steps did you take to resolve the matter?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Service Clerk Interview

Was asked to come in for an interview 2 days after submitting my application. The interview consisted of about 5 general questions regarding customer service. The position I originally applied for, shift lead, was not open for hiring and I was offered a position as a part time Service Clerk instead for $8.25 per hour

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you had to go above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question

Service Clerk Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I learned of the job from one of the managers in the store, who is a friend of my parent; I had already filled out an application and completed the skills assessment test before I knew of the opening. The same day, I called and spoke to the store manager, who I had known since I was a kid, telling her that I was interested in the position. She scheduled an interview with me the following day.

The interview process was particularly simple; it was basic questions involving retail, teamwork and the such. After discussing my schedule, she told me I needed to go take a drug test, which meant I was hired because I knew I was clean.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to work in a team.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handle the situation.   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate a schedule that fit my needs. Only thing that wasn't negotiable is pay, Walgreens has a set pay rate.

Service Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Application online, assessment in store, interview in store 1:1

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

I applied online around January/Febuary and got a call in March about coming in for an interview. I called them back and we set up a time. I walked in about 5 minutes early for my interview and I told the cashier why I was there and she shouted to the back "We've got another one!" (Clearly they were just taking a bunch of applicants from online)

The store seemed a bit dirty and run down compared to other walgreens I've been in (it was in a kind of grosser part of town so made sense to me). The lady interviewing me asked very generic interview questions, "would you do if" questions, asked about my availability, and told me a little bit about what I would have to do if I got the job. She kept referring to me as "sweetie" or "honey" and it was very condescending and she talked to me as if she were talking to a child.

I received no call back after the interview whatsoever.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a time where you were in conflict with someone else(like someone being angry at you), and how did you solve it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Filling out and doing some scenario questions online, regarding coupons and customer service..., and then receiving calls to arrange for the interview..

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation at all, everything is preset, especially the pay and working condition, except the working shift...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2013.

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens.

I came in for an interview. The question was simple.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2012.

First one would apply online and complete the first part (personal information, work experience, etc.).
    Then one would go in the nearest Walgreens that is located near him or her and complete the part two (more personal information and a two-part test that is about work scenarios and how would you approach them).

If you passed the multiple choice test as aforementioned, then the manager will give you a call to schedule an interview.

At the interview, the manager will ask specific questions regarding work experiences, how have you worked in (any) team (school, sports, work, experiences, etc.), and other questions such as why would you work for Walgreens. During the interview, it is as if there are multiple parts. First the manager will ask for an introduction to who are you, then ask questions, the briefly give some informational facts about Walgreens, then allow you to ask questions, and finally ask you some more questions. All while he or she may take some notes.

If you get in, he will tell you on the spot or say that he will give you a call back. A good indicator that you passed is if he or she asks about your schedule and availability.

Interview Questions
    • "Please give me the best experience you had in any cooperative task that involved teamwork."

I'm not sure why that caught me off guard, as many scenario questions dealt with teamwork, but I guess I wasn't prepared as I thought I was.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladstone, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladstone, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in September 2012.

I was just called in, forgot I even applied there, they asked me to come in that friday for an interview, I walked in asked for the manager he came right out, shook my hand took me to the back office and interviewed me, he asked me a few questions but pretty much said he was getting a good vibe from me and I had retail experience so he felt I would be a good fit for his team.

Interview Questions
    He asked how much I was making at my then current job ($8.90 an hour and only like 25 hours a week), he offered me 30+ hours a week at $9.00 with yearly cost of living raises, and yeah I accepted.