Walgreens Service Clerk Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Filled out an assessment at the store. A store supervisor then gave me a brief interview. I had at least a hour wait. The assistant manager told me I passed the assessment and I was offered the job on the spot.

Negotiation

I was offered a dollar above minimum wage non negotiable

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walgreens (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I came in for an interview. The question was simple.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

First one would apply online and complete the first part (personal information, work experience, etc.). Then one would go in the nearest Walgreens that is located near him or her and complete the part two (more personal information and a two-part test that is about work scenarios and how would you approach them). If you passed the multiple choice test as aforementioned, then the manager will give you a call to schedule an interview. At the interview, the manager will ask specific questions regarding work experiences, how have you worked in (any) team (school, sports, work, experiences, etc.), and other questions such as why would you work for Walgreens. During the interview, it is as if there are multiple parts. First the manager will ask for an introduction to who are you, then ask questions, the briefly give some informational facts about Walgreens, then allow you to ask questions, and finally ask you some more questions. All while he or she may take some notes. If you get in, he will tell you on the spot or say that he will give you a call back. A good indicator that you passed is if he or she asks about your schedule and availability.

Interview Questions

• "Please give me the best experience you had in any cooperative task that involved teamwork." I'm not sure why that caught me off guard, as many scenario questions dealt with teamwork, but I guess I wasn't prepared as I thought I was.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Fort Worth, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

I completed my application online and then I went in to take the skill assessment in the store. After I was done I left my name and number with one of the managers. He told me to call and speak with ---- who was in charge of hiring the next day. I called and he said that he will look over my application and give me a call back in two hours and if he didn't he said to just call him. I had to call him and he told me to come in that afternoon. The employees were friendly an helpful but they were busy and the interview was short and to the point. There were six behavioral questions. I can't quite remember them all. He said he will give me a call back because there were several other interviews and so I waited and he called back two hours later and told me to do a drug test and we went over my availability.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you had to tell a team member no. Why did you and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no experience but I was offered more than what Target offered me. No negotiating was done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Columbus, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

This interview process was quick and easy maybe because they were desperate to find someone because of employees quiting their jobs. After I apply online, I had to go to one of their stores to finish the second part of the application process. After that, one week later, I received a call from Walgreens asking if i can come for an interview. The interview was pretty basic. The manager that interviewed me, questioned me on values and what would I do type situations. I was hired the next day.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in an angry customer in your line after they wanted was not the right price in the system?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was negotiable which is pretty pathetic for a full-time position at a fortune 500 company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gladstone, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Gladstone, OR) in September 2012.

Interview

I was just called in, forgot I even applied there, they asked me to come in that friday for an interview, I walked in asked for the manager he came right out, shook my hand took me to the back office and interviewed me, he asked me a few questions but pretty much said he was getting a good vibe from me and I had retail experience so he felt I would be a good fit for his team.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked how much I was making at my then current job ($8.90 an hour and only like 25 hours a week), he offered me 30+ hours a week at $9.00 with yearly cost of living raises, and yeah I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walgreens (Naperville, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

Easy as pie, I was hired after talking with the manager for 10 minutes, even though I had no experience. The staff was really friendly and laid back. So just be yourself and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

He asked me in the first interview what I was looking for as far as wage, and I stupidly said minimum wage ($8.25). I feel that if I had said a little higher I would have gotten it. just remember that it doesn't hurt to ask.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walgreens (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

After applying online, I got a call to set up an initial interview and a skills assessment test. I went to the store and met with the assistant manager who then led me to a computer to take the skills test. The test is really easy just basic questions about counting out change and reading coupons, simple stuff like that. Then I had an interview with the general manager. I was asked mostly situational interview questions. So be ready with examples! After, she asked when I was availabe to work.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Nashville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I applied online then about a week later i went to the store to complete the application. I called the store manager the next day and she told she would review it and the call me. I called again about a week later and still no hope so i gave up. She called me on Monday for an interview on Tuesday. I took a drug test that day and i called her on Thursday and i started work Friday.

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict between you and a co-worker or a classmate? What was the solution?   Answer Question

Negotiation

$8 an hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dedham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walgreens (Dedham, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

pretty easy. I feel like i came overly dressed. it was one on one and pretty relaxed. i did not feel intimidated. the interview was fairly short. I was asked a lot of questions related to walgreens and their values so read up on that. but overall it was a pretty easy interview and i definitely nailed it

Interview Questions

• a lot of questions related to customer service/relations   Answer Question