Walgreens Shift Lead Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, they had me come in to complete a skills assessment test and do my interview. The woman who interviewed me was very friendly and pleasant, she helped me along my interview when I stumbled over some of my answers. It was a positive experience, some difficult questions, but overall I left feeling fairly confident.

Interview Questions

• What do you expect from your manager and what should your manager expect from you?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you lead a group or team and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

basic, fill out application, do assessment test and interview. You will probably interview with the stores assistant manager and the community leader (mini DM). Once excepted you will be required to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

• The questions are all open ended and are pretty basic. The interviewer reads premade questions. They are designed to make sure you do not reply yes or no. They are also interested in success stories, not so much how long you have been in your job. Degree will benefit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. You start at the base pay. No exceptions.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Interview happened in the stock room because there were currently people occupied in the room they usually interview in. It was a two person interview, they both took turns to ask questions. Overall the interview was pretty simple. They told me that shift lead needs to sometimes work the grave yard shift, including opening the store, closing the store, etc. Told me that you do not stay still most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Then they asked my availability. They questioned if I can do it as I am a full time student. After explaining what the job does and everything, they asked me if I have any questions, which I did. How much per hour? They said $13.75. They then said they have a few more interviews still have yet to be done and they will give me a call back if I get the job or not.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, nothing too hard but it kinda was intimidating as you get tag teamed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Questions I got:

What does the job title shift lead mean to you?

What is your availability?

Name a time where you led a group or team of people.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted the app online and selected many stores in my area. A week later, a manager called and asked if I'd come in for an interview. I met with the Store Manager in the back office. It was my mistake that I did not come with a printout with my resume. I expected to get some backlash for this. I did not; however, expect the Manager to have no prior knowledge of me what-so-ever. Since he wasn't prepared for me, I felt like I ended up asking him more questions. He was very friendly and nice. I just wish their was a little more structure. He then called me 2 days later for a second interview. I arrived to hear it was just a meeting to offer me the job. He then sent me to a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Walgreens? It is so basic but it completely caught me off guard. I just wanted to laugh and say 'because I need money and you were the first to call for an interview'.
      2. Give me an example of your experience with a difficult customer.
      3. Give me an example of how you have trained an employee on down time.
      Then be prepared to ask them a lot of questions. They like to talk :)

Answer Question

The store is open 365 days a year, I would be one of 3 total managers- I was never going to get a weekend or a holiday off for the rest of my Walgreens' career. $11/hr for that sacrifice is not worth it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (New Orleans, LA) in February 2014.

Interview

I received a phone call from the Store Manager, he was very friendly and scheduled an interview with me on my prefered date.
    The interview atmospher was relaxed and the questions were decent management questions appropriate for any business.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of a project you managed and what the outcome was?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted what was offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens (Dallas, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

1:1 Interview with Store Manager
    Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
    They do most of the talking :)
    Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Interview

Horrible disorganized process, Asst. manager had no idea what I was applying for, then when he said I sould interview for an Asst Manager position, he never called back for an interview! When I called, I was always told he was busy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens (Cleveland, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick phone conversation, then a one-on-one with hiring manager. The entire process will take a while as they will have to interview other people, and then there is the drug testing. You will be expected to help out in the pharmacy from time to time.

Interview Questions

• I really don't remember, but nothing strange. Name one area where you can improve...that sort of thing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not really. Wages seem to be quite uniform across stores.

Shift Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

Interview

After applying, it was about a week before I received a call back for an interview. The interview was held in the break room and was pretty relaxed. I had the interview with the Store Manager, typically it's held with the Assistant Manager, but he was off on the day of my interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions are the typical scenario questions. "How would you handle a difficult customer?", ect.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phrase. The job is a fixed rate.

Shift Lead Interview

Interview

apply online, talk with manager, answer a few questions (the more detail you offer the better)

Negotiation

there is no negotiation