Walgreens

Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.3

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens.

basic, fill out application, do assessment test and interview. You will probably interview with the stores assistant manager and the community leader (mini DM). Once excepted you will be required to take a drug and background test.

Interview Questions
  • The questions are all open ended and are pretty basic. The interviewer reads premade questions. They are designed to make sure you do not reply yes or no. They are also interested in success stories, not so much how long you have been in your job. Degree will benefit.   Answer Question
No negotiation. You start at the base pay. No exceptions.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview happened in the stock room because there were currently people occupied in the room they usually interview in. It was a two person interview, they both took turns to ask questions. Overall the interview was pretty simple. They told me that shift lead needs to sometimes work the grave yard shift, including opening the store, closing the store, etc. Told me that you do not stay still most of the time and you are constantly on your feet. Then they asked my availability. They questioned if I can do it as I am a full time student. After explaining what the job does and everything, they asked me if I have any questions, which I did. How much per hour? They said $13.75. They then said they have a few more interviews still have yet to be done and they will give me a call back if I get the job or not.

Overall it was a pleasant experience, nothing too hard but it kinda was intimidating as you get tag teamed by two interviewers.

Interview Questions
    • Questions I got:

What does the job title shift lead mean to you?

What is your availability?

Name a time where you led a group or team of people.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

I submitted the app online and selected many stores in my area. A week later, a manager called and asked if I'd come in for an interview. I met with the Store Manager in the back office. It was my mistake that I did not come with a printout with my resume. I expected to get some backlash for this. I did not; however, expect the Manager to have no prior knowledge of me what-so-ever. Since he wasn't prepared for me, I felt like I ended up asking him more questions. He was very friendly and nice. I just wish their was a little more structure. He then called me 2 days later for a second interview. I arrived to hear it was just a meeting to offer me the job. He then sent me to a drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Why do you want to work for Walgreens? It is so basic but it completely caught me off guard. I just wanted to laugh and say 'because I need money and you were the first to call for an interview'.
      2. Give me an example of your experience with a difficult customer.
      3. Give me an example of how you have trained an employee on down time.
      Then be prepared to ask them a lot of questions. They like to talk :)

Answer Question

The store is open 365 days a year, I would be one of 3 total managers- I was never going to get a weekend or a holiday off for the rest of my Walgreens' career. $11/hr for that sacrifice is not worth it to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

I received a phone call from the Store Manager, he was very friendly and scheduled an interview with me on my prefered date.
    The interview atmospher was relaxed and the questions were decent management questions appropriate for any business.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me an example of a project you managed and what the outcome was?   View Answer
    I accepted what was offered

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

1:1 Interview with Store Manager
    Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
    They do most of the talking :)
    Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   View Answer
    none

Shift Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

Horrible disorganized process, Asst. manager had no idea what I was applying for, then when he said I sould interview for an Asst Manager position, he never called back for an interview! When I called, I was always told he was busy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

Quick phone conversation, then a one-on-one with hiring manager. The entire process will take a while as they will have to interview other people, and then there is the drug testing. You will be expected to help out in the pharmacy from time to time.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember, but nothing strange. Name one area where you can improve...that sort of thing.   View Answer
    Not really. Wages seem to be quite uniform across stores.

Shift Lead Interview

After applying, it was about a week before I received a call back for an interview. The interview was held in the break room and was pretty relaxed. I had the interview with the Store Manager, typically it's held with the Assistant Manager, but he was off on the day of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are the typical scenario questions. "How would you handle a difficult customer?", ect.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation phrase. The job is a fixed rate.

Shift Lead Interview

apply online, talk with manager, answer a few questions (the more detail you offer the better)

there is no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens.

I had applied to Walgreens in early August. Then mid September I received a call stating that I needed to come in and complete the second portion of the application. Three business days after I completed the skills assessment portion of the application I received a call to come in for an interview. I then met with the store manager and assistant manager and was interviewed by the store manager while the assistant manager sat in. My first question was the "tell me about yourself" question. After that he asked me what my availability was and he explained how the scheduling works. He then asked many customer service based questions. Some of the questions were: Name a situation where you had to lead a group of people on a task and what was the outcome, name a time where you had to work with someone who wasn't pulling their weight and what was the outcome, tell me of a time where you achieved a professional goal....After the questions, he asked if I had any. I asked my questions. He then stated that I would probably have to interview with the community leader next and that I should here from the store manager within a week regarding that interview. A week passed and I received the phone call from the store manager with a job offer. I didn't interview with the community leader.

Interview Questions
    • There was no most difficult question. Im just not fond of the tell me about yourself question. They all challenged me to think about my previous work experience. I just had to be precise with my scenarios and make sure that they fully answered the question   Answer Question