Walgreens

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in January 2014.

Interview Details – Quick phone conversation, then a one-on-one with hiring manager. The entire process will take a while as they will have to interview other people, and then there is the drug testing. You will be expected to help out in the pharmacy from time to time.

Interview Question – I really don't remember, but nothing strange. Name one area where you can improve...that sort of thing.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really. Wages seem to be quite uniform across stores.

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2010.

Interview Details – Usually one to two interviews. Must pass drug test and background check. References and last employers will be called.
Each store does the hiring for their own store for the Shift Lead position now. Sometimes a Community Leader will help with the hiring process of Shift Leads. Shift Leads are a store position now and do not get transferred around every six months, although, transfers are possible, but now it is the responibility of the Shift Lead to find a store to move to.
All the questions on the interview are designed to standard across all candidates. The questions change every month, and the interview process must be started over if it extends past the last day of the month.

Interview Question – No one question is hard, but you must come up with an anwser for all questions. Questions usually ask about past experiences and how you affected the outcome.   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted the app online and selected many stores in my area. A week later, a manager called and asked if I'd come in for an interview. I met with the Store Manager in the back office. It was my mistake that I did not come with a printout with my resume. I expected to get some backlash for this. I did not; however, expect the Manager to have no prior knowledge of me what-so-ever. Since he wasn't prepared for me, I felt like I ended up asking him more questions. He was very friendly and nice. I just wish their was a little more structure. He then called me 2 days later for a second interview. I arrived to hear it was just a meeting to offer me the job. He then sent me to a drug screening and background check.

Interview Question – 1. Why do you want to work for Walgreens? It is so basic but it completely caught me off guard. I just wanted to laugh and say 'because I need money and you were the first to call for an interview'.
2. Give me an example of your experience with a difficult customer.
3. Give me an example of how you have trained an employee on down time.
Then be prepared to ask them a lot of questions. They like to talk :)
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The store is open 365 days a year, I would be one of 3 total managers- I was never going to get a weekend or a holiday off for the rest of my Walgreens' career. $11/hr for that sacrifice is not worth it to me.

Shift Lead

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2010.

Interview Details – Once applied online, you have to take a test in store. After about 72 hrs. you results will show if you a high/medium/low candidate. Then you will interview with the community leader of the store you hope to be hired to.

Interview Question – They just ask about your past work experience and how would you handle yourself in different situations.   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – 1:1 Interview with Store Manager
Mathemathics Test / skill test / Personality style test "PPL" computer program pass/fail style
They do most of the talking :)
Ask to train in Cosmetics to make more money

Interview Question – No difficult questions. No tats, No personalization in clothing, etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received a phone call from the Store Manager, he was very friendly and scheduled an interview with me on my prefered date.
The interview atmospher was relaxed and the questions were decent management questions appropriate for any business.

Interview Question – Can you give me an example of a project you managed and what the outcome was?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I accepted what was offered

Milwaukee, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2013.

Interview Details – Fill out the application online...make sure you visit a store near you to complete the application process...which incudes a series of questions on the computer to test your skill level.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't need to negotiate anything. I was satisfied with the offer.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was done from within as I was already an employee. Was pretty much a guaranteed position at that point as I was the only employee eligible at our store, and hiring from outside the company is much more time consuming when it comes to learning processes. I had to completely a skills assessment and an internal review by the store manager.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to work with someone who you had a difference of opinion with, and how you worked to resolve the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was a standard flat rate that all shift leads started at (11.50 in my market). Any other higher rate would have to go through the market vice president. This made sense to a point, but it seemed silly that it'd have to escalate that far up.

Shift Lead

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Horrible disorganized process, Asst. manager had no idea what I was applying for, then when he said I sould interview for an Asst Manager position, he never called back for an interview! When I called, I was always told he was busy

Interviewed at Walgreens

Interview Details – apply online, talk with manager, answer a few questions (the more detail you offer the better)

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Shift Lead interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.