Walgreens

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.0

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

I applied online one afternoon and went to the store to complete my skills assessment later that night. I applied for both a cashier and shift leader position. About a week later I got a call from the store manager asking to set up an interview for the next day, which I did. Upon arriving for the interview the manager and assistant manager came out and shook my hand, and brought me into the office for the interview. The store manager did most of the questioning, with the assistant commenting every now and again, pointing different things out about the position. I learned that I was interviewing for a shift leader position, and the questions I was asked were geared towards that. I answered them all as best I could, then at the end the manager told me the pay rate and a few other things about the job, and that they had a few more interviews yet to do but that I did a great job and that they were impressed. The next morning he called me back saying that he had chosen another candidate, but that he had given my name to the manager at his old store and that he, too, was hiring for a shift leader position. He asked me to come in after the weekend for a meeting, but that I would not have to re-interview because mine was already in the system. I went in and met with the same manager I talked with at the other store and this other store manager, and basically all they did was ask if my availability has still the same and if I had any questions. Our talk was cut short by an unexpected conference call, prompting them to offer me the position and get a few forms ready for a drug test.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time where accuracy was important for your position (or something similar to this)   View Answer
They asked me if I was available for holidays, and I said that I had plans for Christmas day, but that if needed I would be more than happy to come in. They told me that they would take care of Christmas for me since I had plans, and I told them that for future Christmases I should be available.

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I applied online and was called by the community leader to set up an interview for a service clerk position within about a week. My first interview went really well and I was sent for drug testing a couple of days later. A week after that I hadn't heard back from them so I went in and met with the new store manager who set up another interview for me for the next day.

During that short interview she informed me that there was a leadership position open at that store that she was very interested in seeing me in and that she would be meeting with the community leader to make a decision in the coming days. She called me three days later and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    • What are your future aspirations within this company? Could you see yourself in a management position and working with Walgreens long term?   Answer Question
    There isn't really any negotiation. I was offered a very acceptable wage and benefits and accepted.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

I might have to step down from MGT if I don't get through the interviewing process

Interview Questions
    • I have to take a math test to get selected for the interview process   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

I stepped down from Assistant Manager for they are doing away with the title.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed many years ago, things are a little different. My interview was informal for it was a promotion from pharmacy tech to MGT.   Answer Question

Shift Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

One of the hardest interviews I've ever had for a retail position. Asked more scenario type questions than actual past experience

Interview Questions
    • Name one time when you had to deal with customer complaint and how did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

I had interviews with three different WALGREENS locations here in CT. The first was for pharmacy and never called me back, the second interview also for pharmacy and the Managers loved me, i was their second, but said the "higher ups" dont want to pay for training, so they went with someone more experienced. The third time I got a call to set up yet another interview. I was told to fill out another app, because mine had expired. Afterwards, during the interview, the manager said i had come highly recommended, from the second WALGREENS managers!! I am so grateful towards them and I called and thanked them. He barely gave me an interview and he already received my resume from the previous location. He gave me the the option of shift leader or pharmacy and told me the starting pay for both. He was a real sweetheart, i wish more managers were like him lol!!

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were hard because they have sheet of paper with talking points. like i said above he didnt ask me any of them, he asked me what kind of person i am and that was it.   Answer Question
    He asked me what position I wanted pharmacy or shift lead and he told me the responsibilities and pay of each one. I originally wanted pharmacy but they only start with $10, and then up from there once you get certified. Shift leaders start with more, so I opted for that position.

Shift Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

Come prepared to answer unexpected questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palos Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palos Hills, IL

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

You put in your application and they will call or email you a time and day when they have their mass interviews. It will be a one on one interview but they have them all for everyone on the same day just at different times. You will walk into a stock room and sit at a table with two of the local store managers who will ask you a few simple questions. "why do you want this position" "where do you see yourself in 10 years" "tell us a time when you had a problem with another employee and how did you deal/handle it?"

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation, you get a flat starting pay at what they set.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in October 2012.

I applied online and received a call about a week later to come in and fill out an assessment in the store. That test took about 30-45 minutes. I then received a call from the manager to come in for an interview. We had the interview in his office which was very clean and organized. It consisted of 5 behavioral interview questions. It took about 45 minutes but we chatted a lot. He hired me on the spot and gave me a drug test form that had to be completed in 24 hours. I also had to do a background check which took about 3 or 4 days. The whole process took about a week and then he called me in to start the next week working 9-5 training with him.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry or difficult customer.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. The position starts out at a set amount depending on area. It was $11.00/hr for me. I also received a raise in less than a year to $11.28/hr.