Walgreens

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Evansville, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call about a week later to come in and fill out an assessment in the store. That test took about 30-45 minutes. I then received a call from the manager to come in for an interview. We had the interview in his office which was very clean and organized. It consisted of 5 behavioral interview questions. It took about 45 minutes but we chatted a lot. He hired me on the spot and gave me a drug test form that had to be completed in 24 hours. I also had to do a background check which took about 3 or 4 days. The whole process took about a week and then he called me in to start the next week working 9-5 training with him.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to deal with an angry or difficult customer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. The position starts out at a set amount depending on area. It was $11.00/hr for me. I also received a raise in less than a year to $11.28/hr.

Shift Leader

I applied in-person - interviewed at Walgreens in February 2014.

Interview Details – I might have to step down from MGT if I don't get through the interviewing process

Interview Question – I have to take a math test to get selected for the interview process   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Tampa, FL

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I stepped down from Assistant Manager for they are doing away with the title.

Interview Question – I was interviewed many years ago, things are a little different. My interview was informal for it was a promotion from pharmacy tech to MGT.   Answer Question

Shift Leader

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – One of the hardest interviews I've ever had for a retail position. Asked more scenario type questions than actual past experience

Interview Question – Name one time when you had to deal with customer complaint and how did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fairfield, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2013.

Interview Details – I had interviews with three different WALGREENS locations here in CT. The first was for pharmacy and never called me back, the second interview also for pharmacy and the Managers loved me, i was their second, but said the "higher ups" dont want to pay for training, so they went with someone more experienced. The third time I got a call to set up yet another interview. I was told to fill out another app, because mine had expired. Afterwards, during the interview, the manager said i had come highly recommended, from the second WALGREENS managers!! I am so grateful towards them and I called and thanked them. He barely gave me an interview and he already received my resume from the previous location. He gave me the the option of shift leader or pharmacy and told me the starting pay for both. He was a real sweetheart, i wish more managers were like him lol!!

Interview Question – none of the questions were hard because they have sheet of paper with talking points. like i said above he didnt ask me any of them, he asked me what kind of person i am and that was it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – He asked me what position I wanted pharmacy or shift lead and he told me the responsibilities and pay of each one. I originally wanted pharmacy but they only start with $10, and then up from there once you get certified. Shift leaders start with more, so I opted for that position.

Shift Leader

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – Come prepared to answer unexpected questions

Palos Hills, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – You put in your application and they will call or email you a time and day when they have their mass interviews. It will be a one on one interview but they have them all for everyone on the same day just at different times. You will walk into a stock room and sit at a table with two of the local store managers who will ask you a few simple questions. "why do you want this position" "where do you see yourself in 10 years" "tell us a time when you had a problem with another employee and how did you deal/handle it?"

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, you get a flat starting pay at what they set.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Walgreens

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Walgreens Shift Leader interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Walgreens employees and interview candidates.