Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions

2.4

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Geneva, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Geneva, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I applied on-line. I got a call the next day and an interview was set up for the next week. When I got there for my interview I was brought into a room to do a skill assessment. I had to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come in and see if I was finished. We did an interview after that. I was asked 5 of the behavioral questions. I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
  • What is something that you did that helped an employee.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens.

No questions really because of my past work experience. Although I have talked to others and they had many questions and more than one manager present. Very laid back atmosphere for me. I have seen others apply and dress in very casual attire, some jeans, which got hired and I was very surprised. Most of the interview is really the test that a prospective applicant takes for final consideration. It was not timed which I did not know so I rushed though it but passed.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you interested in working?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Every cashier starts at 8.25 hr.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I had to fill out an online application and then go to a store and complete a skills assessment. Within a week I was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked a lot of behavioral questions and asked if I would be able to work nights and weekends. The work is easy, so they were basically just looking for someone reliable. After the interview, about a week later, I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested in the position and he wanted to know when I could start. Then I had to take a drug test, so I could officially start.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was a little bit over minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Received a phone call to schedule interview during a doctors appointment. They said I could call them back to schedule my interview in a few hours. When I called a few hours later to schedule the interview they said it was too late and I would not be given an interview despite the fact that I called back when they told me to call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

On a Thursday they demanded to see me the next day Friday for an interview, but also said if I couldn't come the next day, that I couldn't come at all. They made wait for over an hour on Friday. 1 of their managers was very rude to me.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

There is a 30 minute skills assessment test on the computer with a series of what would you do and money handling questions (how much change would you give and the proper amount of dollars and coins).
    The interview takes place with the Assistant Manager or Manager of the store. They ask you five or six questions, which are changed each month, and the same questions are given to every interviewee for that same month. They ask at the end of the interview if there are questions you have rrř

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Walgreens?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use effective listening and communication skills to resolve a problem situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

I went into the Manager's office where he asked me some general questions about: retail, cashier, & customer service. I was hired on the spot and given a training schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

I filled out the application online and got a call from the store manager a week later. Before he interviewed me, I had to go into a little room and take a test. The test took about 20 minutes. He went over the test while I walked around the store. He then had me come to the back office for a quick interview. He asked what I liked most about my last job, and that was about it. He went over the health benefits and told me about the employee discount. He then said he would call me back if/when he wanted me to take the drug test. The next day he called , I picked up the paperwork and signed a few forms, then I was off for my drug test. The forms were for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (aggravated menacing) from 4 years ago, but it didn't seem to matter. It took 3 weeks for my background check to come back, but he called me once a week to let me know he had not forgotten about me. Three weeks later, I finally got called in for my first day.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't any type of negotiation. He didn't even tell me what I was being paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Willmar, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willmar, MN

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2011.

Was really easy, didnt ask many questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2011.

Went in to take a test after applying online. Had to go on the computer and take the skills test which was a breeze. The manager was very laid-back and didn't seem like he was going to hire me anyway. All he did was ask me if I had any experience and I said yeah but got no offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!