Walgreens Walgreens Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fond du Lac, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Walgreens in March 2015.

Online app. then interview with about 6 questions such as ; Tell me a time when you had to work in a team under stress. Very laid back even for me. I think they were desperate for a warm body that could work full time.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time when you had to work in a team under stress.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walgreens

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2014.

i applied online it was fairly simple. got a call about a week later for a interview. he asked me questions about myself and we went over my application. he said he would call me for a follow up interview if he thought i was the person for the job. never called back.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens.

Ask about my previous jobs & took an assessment test. Was going to call in the next 3 or 4 days to see if I pass the test or not but still no call.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens.

No questions really because of my past work experience. Although I have talked to others and they had many questions and more than one manager present. Very laid back atmosphere for me. I have seen others apply and dress in very casual attire, some jeans, which got hired and I was very surprised. Most of the interview is really the test that a prospective applicant takes for final consideration. It was not timed which I did not know so I rushed though it but passed.

Interview Questions
    • What hours are you interested in working?   View Answer
    No negotiation. Every cashier starts at 8.25 hr.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Geneva, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Lake Geneva, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Walgreens in August 2014.

I applied on-line. I got a call the next day and an interview was set up for the next week. When I got there for my interview I was brought into a room to do a skill assessment. I had to wait 25 minutes for the manager to come in and see if I was finished. We did an interview after that. I was asked 5 of the behavioral questions. I was able to ask any questions I had.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that you did that helped an employee.   View Answer

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Walgreens.

I had to fill out an online application and then go to a store and complete a skills assessment. Within a week I was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked a lot of behavioral questions and asked if I would be able to work nights and weekends. The work is easy, so they were basically just looking for someone reliable. After the interview, about a week later, I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested in the position and he wanted to know when I could start. Then I had to take a drug test, so I could officially start.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was a little bit over minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

On a Thursday they demanded to see me the next day Friday for an interview, but also said if I couldn't come the next day, that I couldn't come at all. They made wait for over an hour on Friday. 1 of their managers was very rude to me.

Walgreens Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

There is a 30 minute skills assessment test on the computer with a series of what would you do and money handling questions (how much change would you give and the proper amount of dollars and coins).
    The interview takes place with the Assistant Manager or Manager of the store. They ask you five or six questions, which are changed each month, and the same questions are given to every interviewee for that same month. They ask at the end of the interview if there are questions you have rrř

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Walgreens?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to use effective listening and communication skills to resolve a problem situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kyle, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kyle, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Walgreens in November 2013.

Have to go in to do a test on their computer then they call you if you passed and go in for an interview. Its all very simple. Generic interview questions.

Interview Questions
    The manager told me I was getting $8.50 an hour but he messed up as its actually $8. Its a take it or leave it situation.

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Received a phone call to schedule interview during a doctors appointment. They said I could call them back to schedule my interview in a few hours. When I called a few hours later to schedule the interview they said it was too late and I would not be given an interview despite the fact that I called back when they told me to call.