Walgreens

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Walgreens Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I had to fill out an online application and then go to a store and complete a skills assessment. Within a week I was called in for an interview. The interview was fairly easy. The manager asked a lot of behavioral questions and asked if I would be able to work nights and weekends. The work is easy, so they were basically just looking for someone reliable. After the interview, about a week later, I got a call from the manager asking if I was still interested in the position and he wanted to know when I could start. Then I had to take a drug test, so I could officially start.

Interview Question – Do you have any sales experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much negotiation. Pay was a little bit over minimum wage.

New Haven, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in August 2013.

Interview Details – Received a phone call to schedule interview during a doctors appointment. They said I could call them back to schedule my interview in a few hours. When I called a few hours later to schedule the interview they said it was too late and I would not be given an interview despite the fact that I called back when they told me to call.

Very Difficult Interview

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in June 2014.

Interview Details – On a Thursday they demanded to see me the next day Friday for an interview, but also said if I couldn't come the next day, that I couldn't come at all. They made wait for over an hour on Friday. 1 of their managers was very rude to me.

Interview Question – Has anyone else also experienced what I experienced?   Answer Question

Walgreens Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2014.

Interview Details – There is a 30 minute skills assessment test on the computer with a series of what would you do and money handling questions (how much change would you give and the proper amount of dollars and coins).
The interview takes place with the Assistant Manager or Manager of the store. They ask you five or six questions, which are changed each month, and the same questions are given to every interviewee for that same month. They ask at the end of the interview if there are questions you have rrř

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Walgreens?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to use effective listening and communication skills to resolve a problem situation.   Answer Question

Syracuse, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2010.

Interview Details – I went into the Manager's office where he asked me some general questions about: retail, cashier, & customer service. I was hired on the spot and given a training schedule.

Interview Question – How would you deal with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Springfield, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Walgreens.

Interview Details – I filled out the application online and got a call from the store manager a week later. Before he interviewed me, I had to go into a little room and take a test. The test took about 20 minutes. He went over the test while I walked around the store. He then had me come to the back office for a quick interview. He asked what I liked most about my last job, and that was about it. He went over the health benefits and told me about the employee discount. He then said he would call me back if/when he wanted me to take the drug test. The next day he called , I picked up the paperwork and signed a few forms, then I was off for my drug test. The forms were for the background check. I have a misdemeanor (aggravated menacing) from 4 years ago, but it didn't seem to matter. It took 3 weeks for my background check to come back, but he called me once a week to let me know he had not forgotten about me. Three weeks later, I finally got called in for my first day.

Interview Question – He didn't really ask any questions at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any type of negotiation. He didn't even tell me what I was being paid.

Very Easy Interview

Willmar, MN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in October 2011.

Interview Details – Was really easy, didnt ask many questions.

Interview Question – Just asked about job experience   Answer Question

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Walgreens in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went in to take a test after applying online. Had to go on the computer and take the skills test which was a breeze. The manager was very laid-back and didn't seem like he was going to hire me anyway. All he did was ask me if I had any experience and I said yeah but got no offer.

Interview Question – What were your past experiences?   Answer Question

Santa Rosa, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Walgreens in May 2009.

Interview Details – went in for interveiw. then they send you to get a drug test. after the results they call you back and you go on the stores computer and listen to their rules and regulations. then they give you your measley hourly wage. and make you wear these unflattering groovey unbreathable shirts,

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Walgreens in July 2009.

Interview Details – This was my first job. I was 16 years old, I have an aunt who is a manager in a surrounding store. Walgreens works like that sort of, more of who you know and not what you know if you are first starting out. I did an online application, got a call from the store manager and went in. It was pretty simple, he asked rountine questions. He told me how they normally try for older employees because of labor laws etc. but he was impressed by my focus and maturity. I was set up on a IQ/Skills test and background/drug test and was working within a week and a half.

Interview Questions

Worked for Walgreens? Contribute to the Community!