Walker Marketing and Consultants

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

All Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Walker Marketing and Consultants in November 2010.

Walker Marketing contacted me via email to interview with them. They found my resume via Monster. I went in for the initial interview which lasted only 20 minutes or so. I was contacted later that day to come in for a full day second interview. The second interview consisted of spending the entire day in the field with a senior sales rep. We drove out of town to a terrotory the rep was currently working and walked around to businesses in that area trying to get them to sign up for Direct Energy. At lunch we discussed everything except salary. They are not supposed to discuss this until you get back to the office at the end of the day. This is when your third interview occurs. At that time I was told I could either work on 100% commision or $300.00 a week plus 20% commision. If you are able to sign up more then 10 business's they say you will make more then the $300.00 a week. We spoke with close to 45 business's and didn't sing any the day I was out. I believe a person with strong selling skills could be succesful at this job. However, they seem to want to move you quickly from level to level until supposedly within 18 months or so you would be running your own office of agents?! I do know the parent company is Cidco. I have not looked into them.

Interview Questions
  • None of the questions were difficult or unexpected.   View Answer

I did not want to travel every day. They do not pay you milage, per diem etc. A cell phone is also required for the job and they do not pay for that either. You are sent to random territories throughout Ohio and work them until completed. I also noticed on my day in the field that there are a ton of other companies doing the same thing. Many business's complained of someone coming in twice a week trying to get them to switch thier Gas provider. I will say that if you were to take a position with any of these companies that Direct Energy seems to have the best deal. They do not lock thier customers into contract like the others do. The rate is simply fixed through the winter and then goes back to a variable in the summer when rates are lower. The staff was very nice and did seem to like thier jobs.